Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk) - Page 326 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #9751 of 9752 Old Today, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
I have some light pink banding running horizontally across the bottom third of my 8500. It has been there since day 1. I have over 4600 hrs on my tv, and the banding has not changed. I'm perfectly fine with it. If it had darkened, I would have done something about it, but it hasn't.

Awesome to hear, thanks for the info Sir! Sure makes me feel better about mine then. It's good news because I didn't feel like getting rid of it, especially now that's it's almost broken in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9752 of 9752 Old Today, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Rain View Post
Run some slides to help speed the break in and calm down them there pixels.

What I did was run slides a hour then watch some TV for a hour and repeated this for the first 3 days.

Now I just run slides randomly or after watching a movie.

I'm not getting my TV calibrated. I had a mits widescreen RPTV 65 " before my Mits 73" DLP and had it calibrated. It looked good , but it was too dark for my taste.

I don't like bright, but the calibration was too dark for me.
Yeah, I was going to let the WOW loop run, but a lot of it is letterboxed. I'll d/l some slides or a break-in loop.

Did you have a buzz, and did it diminish?
First day my buzz was very low and only heard if I was dead center and had to turn my head left or right.Turned up volume to 10 and I didn't hear it.

Now I don't hear any buzz..maybe it's my brain tuning it out or it's due to it being broken in. I can't answer that, but what I can say is I had others listen for it and nada. ..no buzz.

I used all kind of slides and sweeps on youtube....take a look on youtube for them. There's all kinds of variations of them.

Wish you the best !
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f8500 60 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page