Originally Posted by ermghoti
Date manufactured: 30NOV14. Last day?
My 60F8500 is a Nov 30th build too. That is the most-recent build date I have heard of. I ordered it on 12/9 and got it delivered on 12/13.
I have 60 hours on it so far... 80% of that is full screen 1080p movies and youtube demos, and 20% is regular TV. I'm being careful with static logos and banners (like the NFL game tonight).
This tv is replacing a Pioneer Elite 1130HD plasma so the bar was already set high.
- Zero IR, no bad pixels, no blemishes on the screen or frame that I can find. The stand has a tiny nick in an area you can't see. I plan to put it on the wall anyway.
- The only buzz I have heard is when I turn it on cold after being off overnight, and put my head near the center of the screen. It is very faint and doesn't register on my spl meter. After a minute it is gone and no one else in the house can hear anything at all.
- After 30-40 hours everything improved as many of you have noted. I am looking forward to even more improvement as I rack up more hours.
- Wifi card seemed a little flaky. It is close to my router and dropped the connection several times the first day. All other wifi devices in the house are fine. I read in this thread that others have similar issues. I hardwired it on day 2 and don't plan to ever use wifi again so I don't care.
- Processor is snappy, apps and menus all respond very well. Remotes both work fine, using a Harmony most of the time.
- 3D works well, included glasses work well, the extra brightness makes it a good experience. Still not a big 3D fan though.
- It is NOT a space heater like my Pio plasma. I could feel heat 4 feet away from the old Pio panel.
This was a great purchase and this will definitely get me by for a few years. Thanks to you all for the good info in this huge thread.