Originally Posted by music_to_my_ear
ps: I quicky played a few fps games without game mode or pc rename trick and was surprised to not feel any noticeable lag.....ill have to really focus on it tomorrow
- So I booted Dead Nation on the PS3 and tested for lag. This is the one game I use to test for lag on any display. Pressing R1 fires a weapon and I can really feel and see the delay if there is any.
- Picture mode was Standard. SmartHub was not setup yet. And wifi and all other "features" were disabled. Game mode not enabled.
- Firing a shot seemed fine. If the lag is suppose to be double that of the ST60 ( 60 ms ) then it certainly wasn't noticeable. FWIW when I briefly owned the ST60 last year I could easily see and feel the delay when firing a weapon with game mode enabled
- maybe I'm compensating for the lag but at 120 ms ( twice that of the ST60 ) I was hard-pressed to notice twice the delay of the ST60. But similar to the ST60, the F8500 felt a bit quicker according to memory
- Its hard to notice lag on FPS like Titanfall, Halo 4, Black ops 2.
- when setting up my PS4 and entering in my PSN ID with the onscreen keyboard there was ZERO latency between selecting the letters and the directional pad on the PS4 controller. I was really expecting SOME delay.
Is this a similar story for other new owners? Maybe its a hardware change for the newer 2014 models?
ps: My 64F8500 buzzes like a mofo still *sigh*