Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk) - Page 335 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #10021 of 10024 Old Today, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpp8140 View Post
I thought the whole premise of an audio/video forum was all about sharing info and helping others that don't otherwise know, hence all the questions. If members here have such issues with those of us that ask questions and are so bothered by it then simply ignore the post and let someone else come along and offer assistance/advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10022 of 10024 Old Today, 07:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by james9120 View Post
I don't know how many hours, but I've had it since the end of Oct. So I'd imagine at least a few hundred. I usually use standard, and relaxed when I'm trying to sleep with pixel shift enabled, and a sleep timer to avoid burn in.

Its not noticeable unless you walk right up to the panel and look for it, but its enough that I might be able to snap a picture of it.
I seriously doubt you have true burn-in, just some stubborn IR. I've had IR that's lasted up to 2 month (not on my F8500, but my VT30) but it went away after watching normal content. My VT30 got horrible IR, but similarly to your situation, only noticeable from extremely close distances. My suggestion to you is, if you can't see it from normal viewing distances, don't worry about it. It all goes away with time.

Klipsch RF-62 II HT System
SVS Ultra
Marantz SR7008
Emotiva XPA-5
Samsung PN64F8500
Panasonic 65VT30 (Master Bedroom)
post #10023 of 10024 Old Today, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzalot View Post
I thought the whole premise of an audio/video forum was all about sharing info and helping others that don't otherwise know, hence all the questions. If members here have such issues with those of us that ask questions and are so bothered by it then simply ignore the post and let someone else come along and offer assistance/advice.

Ok

LN55C630
PN64F8500
post #10024 of 10024 Old Today, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1040 Post(s)
Liked: 1083
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzalot View Post
within reason...

if the forum gets bombarded with questions that have already been answered, or can easily be found, it makes it more difficult to find answers to the questions that can't be found elsewhere. you have to understand, there's been an influx of new owners lately, and a lot of repeat questions just wears out the patience of those trying to be helpful.

in a perfect world we could flag questions and connect them to answers and it'd be easily to search the thread. but without something like that the best we can do is avoid cluttering up the thread with unnecessary questions

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f8500 60 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread