Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk) - Page 386 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #11551 of 11553 Old Today, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
But it can only use RF to communicate with the remote? In other words, I can't use my IR-only 880 with that hub setup?
Correct, the only remotes that work are the simple remote, android/ios phone, or the ultimate one and i think the touch. Also they have a keyboard and maybe another thing. But yea, older remotes will not work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11552 of 11553 Old Today, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcNeil213 View Post
So I've had my TV for about 2 months now and all of a sudden I here very loud fan or at least I think thats what it is in the top right corner of the TV. when I press down on it it stops but after awhile it starts right back up again. do you know what can be causing this? it's louder than your usual plasma buzz that i've always had with this tv.
There are no fans in any North America ("PN") F8500.

Some owners have adjusted the torque of the screws that secure the back panel with a positive effect. Just where are you pressing?!!

To the best of my recollection, nobody has reported an increase in buzz volume over time, so perhaps what you need is a service call.
post #11553 of 11553 Old Today, 12:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmo85 View Post
Correct, the only remotes that work are the simple remote, android/ios phone, or the ultimate one and i think the touch. Also they have a keyboard and maybe another thing. But yea, older remotes will not work.
Thanks, I suppose one of these days I'll have to move to a more modern remote but the 880 works so well, I think even better than newer Harmony models, that I'm reluctant to change. Other than possibly being forced to because of an IR interference issue of course.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f8500 60 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread