Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk) - Page 387 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #11581 of 11586 Unread Today, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 15
My Netflix too. Usually by 3rd or 4th time it still plays. This is pretty new, not sure if they've isolated a cause or even know it's a widespread issue yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11582 of 11586 Unread Today, 08:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Talked to magnolia rep about f8500 last night and he encouraged me to search for a floor model (because they were that good). He pulled up a quick list and if inventory is correct, there are many floor models out there and he says they come with new warranty. Aside from seeing it in person, any other thoughts on this?

MY Build in Progress >>> My Home Theater Build
Living Room: Samsung PN60F8500, KEF 3005 5.1, Marantz SR6003
HT: Selection in progress
In storage: Mirage M7si, Mirage LF-150, Marantz SR7200
post #11583 of 11586 Unread Today, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I occasionally have problems like the ones described above with Netflix. I have seen similar problems with other apps like Amazon and MLB.tv. The second time I try usually works, so no big deal.

I also have a problem with Netflix (and not with other apps) where after exiting the app there is no sound from the TV. A simple off/on resolves it. Again, no big deal, just a quirk that is worth dealing with given the outstanding picture quality.

Paul
post #11584 of 11586 Unread Today, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 45
One of the annoyances for me is that I often put on a TV show as "background noise" when I'm doing some non-intensive research or just relaxing. Im not sure why but having the show playing in the background at a low volume is soothing to me; I don't like complete silence.

Now I have to grab the remote and restart the playback every time an episode ends. Yeah - not the biggest deal but it still bugs the hell out of me.
post #11585 of 11586 Unread Today, 10:35 AM
sr

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I found that when you finished watching Netflix. you have to exit the app, otherwise when you go back in you may have trouble restarting it.
post #11586 of 11586 Unread Today, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoepup View Post
Talked to magnolia rep about f8500 last night and he encouraged me to search for a floor model (because they were that good). He pulled up a quick list and if inventory is correct, there are many floor models out there and he says they come with new warranty. Aside from seeing it in person, any other thoughts on this?
My thought is that you found the most knowledgeable Best Buy employee in history. My experience with the Magnolia employees at several different locations when I was shopping for a new display was dramatically different.

Finding a floor model is a great idea. Just bring some break in slides on a USB drive to help look for dead pixels and burn-in. And if you can, bring your own Samsung remote to check for run time on the panel. They've usually lost the remote for the floor models. I'd recommend taking some screen cleaner too. The ones I found all had fingerprints and other blemishes all over them, and it was nice to be able to make sure they weren't permanent.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f8500 60 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page