Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk) - Page 403 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #12061 of 12065 Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python357 View Post
I referred to panel voltages Vs and Vsc... Zoyd knows a lot about that. This is just for clarify the level of madness... I opened my TV to try to fix the problem. Changing brightness level will not help believe me, neither lowering cell value... And, of course, dynamic off and power saving off... I think to have the worst level of floating black, that should have been fixed with an old firmware, and if Samsung considers fixed this sh*t it's ridiculous... I started to think my logic board sw did not update for some reason, so I'd like to know what logic sw do you have (from 737 menu)
You've tried everything that I would have. I was going to ask if the problem started up when you did the voltage adjustments but apparently you did that to correct the problem.

Tool kit: Calman 5, Chromapure, Klein K10A, CR250RH,VideoForge HDMI II, eecolor colorbox.
Displays: Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50
Audio: Marantz AV8801, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12062 of 12065 Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 799 Post(s)
Liked: 710
Quote:
Have to measure it, but on ANSI checker I had 0,021cd/m2 black with Vtweak and 0.028cd with V@ default
I asked because a 25% APL will give the highest black level the panel will generate, compare that to a typical value of 0.03 cd/m^2.
post #12063 of 12065 Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 0
"highest black level" do you mean highest cd/m2 value (so more "gray" black) or lowest (deepest black)? Can you link me a 25% APL pattern? Anyway I've seen that, if I am on a Windows black wallpaper, and open a white window, the black raises a lot when I enlarge the window to 75% of the screen, and the ABL starts to work. When this happens, I suddenly iconize the white window to leave the black wallpaper alone, and here it is, the "delay" in returning deep black is there for up to 2 seconds....
post #12064 of 12065 Old Today, 03:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 8
^ that sounds pretty usual.
post #12065 of 12065 Old Today, 04:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 799 Post(s)
Liked: 710
Quote:
"highest black level" do you mean highest cd/m2 value (so more "gray" black) or lowest (deepest black)? Can you link me a 25% APL pattern? Anyway I've seen that, if I am on a Windows black wallpaper, and open a white window, the black raises a lot when I enlarge the window to 75% of the screen, and the ABL starts to work. When this happens, I suddenly iconize the white window to leave the black wallpaper alone, and here it is, the "delay" in returning deep black is there for up to 2 seconds....
Display this from usb stick and measure the black level, it should be close to 0.03 cd/m^2. If it is then your panel has normal black lift with APLs that exceed 10%.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	black25.png
Views:	4
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	739769  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f8500 60 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page