Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk) - Page 418 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Vincent Praino View Post
I plugged in my Chromecast this weekend to see if there was a quality difference between the built in apps and streaming through chromecast. The difference was pretty noticeable, especially the hbo app which looked MUCH better compared to the built in app. It is also nice to be able to control the black optimiser setting when using chromecast.
I've got one of those chromecast (mostly to play with) devices and am interested in the difference when you consider that chromecast is wifi and my 8500 is ethernet cable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
I've got one of those chromecast (mostly to play with) devices and am interested in the difference when you consider that chromecast is wifi and my 8500 is ethernet cable.
I notice a big difference with HBO - even despite using wifi (although my router is right under my tv). I did buy the chromecast ethernet adapter though which is set to arrive this week.
Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I posted this some time ago but I don't think I got any replies then so I am giving it another shot:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickardl View Post
If I go into the Smart Hub and run the webbrowser (or youtube etc), what picture settings am I using?
The only thing which is not grayed out is the Cell Light setting if I enter the menu.
The only way I have been able to change the other settings is to use Apply Picture Mode->All Sources on another "input" but hopefully that is not the only way, or is it?
Old Today, 01:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Vincent Praino View Post
I plugged in my Chromecast this weekend to see if there was a quality difference between the built in apps and streaming through chromecast. The difference was pretty noticeable, especially the hbo app which looked MUCH better compared to the built in app. It is also nice to be able to control the black optimiser setting when using chromecast.
Interesting, I thought the hub's Netflix looked better than Roku3's. Have you compared hbo go to hbo via WMC?

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f8500 60 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv