Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk) - Page 443 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1071Likes

post #13261 of 13270 Old Yesterday, 02:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1397 Post(s)
Liked: 1356
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin111 View Post
Vertical bands throughout the screen area.
ok, i wasn't sure cause they looked to be in different spots in the different images. guess it's worth noting whoever was handling your claim may have had equally more displays to view pics on...

it's a shame though, you won't find an equal in today's market

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1130K, 7.1/5.1.2 audio
Sources: HTPC(Enby), PS3, XBOX360, Wii
Control: Harmony One
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13262 of 13270 Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1368 Post(s)
Liked: 1065
As a test, have you tried the set in a different location? Those bands appear to be some kind of electrical interference. Moving the set may remove the interference problem.

Thanks to the Member who pointed out where to look. First see through, never saw the problem. Once it was pointed out, second see through saw the problem. Hence my suggestion above.

UN65HU9000 with SEK-3500U - Mine
PN64F8500 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U / UN32EH5300 / 2 X LG 55LHXs - wife's !
post #13263 of 13270 Old Today, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi everybody, this is my first post on avr and unfortunately i´m doing it trying to resolve an specific problem that have been asked maybe many times here, but after a seach inside the forums, i can´t find a real solution.

My story is this: I have a f8500 (64") 1 1/2 years ago, i changed my old and beloved Panasonic vt25 for this one basically by the size of the screen and because i can´t find the PANASONIC zt65 in my country.

To complement this, i have an ONKYO HT S3300 that i was using with the VT25 for a long time before i changed to F8500, so initially was a perfect complement, all worked flawless but a year ago the problems came out.

The other components like BLURAY (samsung h6500bd) and CABLE BOX area connected to the AVR (HDMI 1, 2, etc) and the HT ARC slot is connected directly to the ARC Slot on TV, always have been like that.

The CEC features like TV power, HDMI Control, Automatic Source Switching, always worked flawless AND specially the ARC feature that can return the audio of TV to the AVR when i was playing apps like NETFLIX, FOXPLAY, etc, and TDT HD channels

Suddenly the ARC feature stops working, no sound over the ARC when i use de tv on netflix or TDT or any app from Samsung HUB, no Automatic TV control like before, etc.... no i can only use the source connected to the AVR HDMI 1, 2 or 3 and i can hear the sound and via ARC cable, see the image on TV, but when the TV is the source nothing happens, no sound and i have to change the source on TV to "tv speakers" wich is worse.

I have tried to factory reset the TV and AVR too but nothing happens, just one time when i disconnected all the devices and just conected the AVR to TV worked, even i have tried to conect all the devices to the other TV HDMI ports (STB, MHL, etc) but it doesn´t worked.

When i tried to configure the HDMI-CEC feature on TV and it begins to detect the "connected devices", the AVR is detected, but when the TV finishes the process, the list of "detected devices" remains empty.

I changed the cable a lot of times (always 1.4a Cables), switched the "direction of cable", and nothing happens, so i don´t know what else can i do.

Thanks for your help on this!
post #13264 of 13270 Old Today, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by DnKiKe View Post

I changed the cable a lot of times (always 1.4a Cables), switched the "direction of cable", and nothing happens, so i don´t know what else can i do.

Thanks for your help on this!
Have you tried using the tv's digital/optical output instead of ARC? A lot of folks gave up on the buggy nature of ARC a long time ago....Digital/optical output works fine!
post #13265 of 13270 Old Today, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
Have you tried using the tv's digital/optical output instead of ARC? A lot of folks gave up on the buggy nature of ARC a long time ago....Digital/optical output works fine!
Showing my ignorance, but what is ARC?
post #13266 of 13270 Old Today, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
Showing my ignorance, but what is ARC?
It stands for Audio Return Channel. It allows an electronic device to transmit digital audio back, via an hdmi cable, to the requesting electronic device. I won't elaborate any further on the topic, but there's oodles of information about ARC on the Net.
post #13267 of 13270 Old Today, 05:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
As a test, have you tried the set in a different location? Those bands appear to be some kind of electrical interference. Moving the set may remove the interference problem.

Thanks to the Member who pointed out where to look. First see through, never saw the problem. Once it was pointed out, second see through saw the problem. Hence my suggestion above.
Yes I have and with the same result. I have tried it plugged into the wall socket, plugged into my UPS, plugged into a line filter and all the same. I figured out it wasn't an electrical problem because the vertical marks are in the same place everytime and they don't move at all. They are static.

Quote:
MKtheater -I just saw 300 tonight, great movie. I literally wanted to spear people after the show
My speaker build PROJECT OVERKILL WWMTMSS
Photobucket link to build photos
Photobucket link to Project Overkill cut down
post #13268 of 13270 Old Today, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I think I have a terminally ill green sub-pixel. It flickers when it's on a completely white screen or a completely green screen. Luckily, I don't really notice it from my seating position, but it's still disappointing.

Get well soon little pixel.
post #13269 of 13270 Old Today, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by encendido5 View Post
I think I have a terminally ill green sub-pixel. It flickers when it's on a completely white screen or a completely green screen. Luckily, I don't really notice it from my seating position, but it's still disappointing.

Get well soon little pixel.
I had more than a few bad pixels!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C72EDE79-0E97-4E87-8D15-158300369A4E.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	1250953  
post #13270 of 13270 Old Today, 10:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 877 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
I had more than a few bad pixels!
Looks like a good excuse to upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f8500 60 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread