Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk) - Page 465 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1230Likes

post #13921 of 13931 Old 02-08-2017, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Update on my 60F8500 unit that was having the power issues...

Had a service tech come yesterday and he thought it might be a power board issue based on what was happening. He took off the back cover and checked the capacitors, which all looked fine and could not see anything on any of the boards that seemed unusual. He's said he would need to bring the tv into the shop to look at it further, so we put the cover back on and hung it back on the entertainment unit.

I powered the tv on and it turned on and stayed on for several minutes without issue. I had to go out so turned it off and came back a few hours later and powered it up and everything worked normally all evening for 4 hours!

The good news is that it worked fine yesterday and hopefully it stays that way. The bad news it is hard to know what caused it as it has seemingly gone away.

Has this happened with anyone else?

My humble yet growing like weeds SACD collection

HT: Anthem AVM60, Anthem MCA 50, Anthem PVA 7, Oppo BDP-103, Sony HAP-Z1ES, PS3, Graham Slee ULDE, Graham Slee ERA Gold V, Pioneer PL 518 turntable
SP: Paradigm Studio 100's, CC 690, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's SB, SVS SB13 Plus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13922 of 13931 Old 02-08-2017, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
Update on my 60F8500 unit that was having the power issues...

Had a service tech come yesterday and he thought it might be a power board issue based on what was happening. He took off the back cover and checked the capacitors, which all looked fine and could not see anything on any of the boards that seemed unusual. He's said he would need to bring the tv into the shop to look at it further, so we put the cover back on and hung it back on the entertainment unit.

I powered the tv on and it turned on and stayed on for several minutes without issue. I had to go out so turned it off and came back a few hours later and powered it up and everything worked normally all evening for 4 hours!

The good news is that it worked fine yesterday and hopefully it stays that way. The bad news it is hard to know what caused it as it has seemingly gone away.

Has this happened with anyone else?
Unplugging the unit from the power outlet may have drained the caps out, and then when it was plugged back in, they filled up properly allowing you to use it again. I don't know if you ever tried this before having a tech come out, but generally it's always a safe place to start when self troubleshooting.
KONICA TECH likes this.

Samsung PN51F8500
Samsung TW-J5500
Panasonic DMP-UB900
Custom W7 HTPC running MPC-HC w/ LAV+madVR
Panamax M5400-PM
Harmony 650
post #13923 of 13931 Old 02-09-2017, 04:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1263 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziocomposite View Post
Motion handling I'd say is better on the Plasma. Stutter/Judder is present on the OLED depending on content and sensitivity to it. Personally, I would say keep the plasma until it dies/gives issues since OLED will have matured even more so and cheaper by then =)
I had a 64F8500 and went to an LG OLED.

I had all motion processing shut off on the plasma, and with all motion handling also shut off on the OLED, I find the motion to look identical to me.

I've never had any issue with stutter that wasn't in the original source.
I WANT MORE and bmcn like this.

post #13924 of 13931 Old 02-10-2017, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kucharsk View Post
I had a 64F8500 and went to an LG OLED.

I had all motion processing shut off on the plasma, and with all motion handling also shut off on the OLED, I find the motion to look identical to me.

I've never had any issue with stutter that wasn't in the original source.
You good sir are blessed! I unfortunately am sensitive to these things along with slight flicker on the plasma which thankfully didn't bother my eyes. Trust me, I wish I wasn't lol =P
post #13925 of 13931 Old 02-10-2017, 07:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaockle View Post
Unplugging the unit from the power outlet may have drained the caps out, and then when it was plugged back in, they filled up properly allowing you to use it again. I don't know if you ever tried this before having a tech come out, but generally it's always a safe place to start when self troubleshooting.
Yes, did do this and actually left it unplugged for 10 days before the tech came out and it made no difference. He took off the back cover, inspected it, put it back together and it has been working fine so far. Will keep praying that it stays this way until I am able to afford to move to OLED!

My humble yet growing like weeds SACD collection

HT: Anthem AVM60, Anthem MCA 50, Anthem PVA 7, Oppo BDP-103, Sony HAP-Z1ES, PS3, Graham Slee ULDE, Graham Slee ERA Gold V, Pioneer PL 518 turntable
SP: Paradigm Studio 100's, CC 690, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's SB, SVS SB13 Plus
post #13926 of 13931 Old 02-11-2017, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
bt2020 on PN64PF8500

Just looked at an HDR 10bit bt2020 encoded video on my Samsung F8500, and it seems at first sight that every was decoded OK, but after some time I have noticed that the whole color rendering is biased to "green".
This was reproduced via my android TV box which is 4K HDR compliant.

Anyone has some experience with this kind of material?

I must say that this is possible to correct via color adjustment, but it does not make any sense since usual streams
are not correctly reproduced after this setting.
post #13927 of 13931 Old 02-11-2017, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Problems haven't ceased Ideas?

Have a 64F8500 Originally had motion problems. replaced the Processing board. Looked better, but then was freezing up when in programming mode and sometimes wouldn't turn off without unplugging. 2nd board picture looked flat almost low def. 3rd board, picture can be ok but not wow, that picture that we all love and varies from day to day and sometimes when it's been on awhile. They replaced the main power board the other day, but still just so so , didn't really make a difference. They had talked about replacing the Y board, but the company that they deal with didn't have it. Not sure what the Y board does? Bummed out..... Seems like the Panel is fine but there is a glitch somewhere. Any Ideas Gentlemen
post #13928 of 13931 Old 02-11-2017, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit58 View Post
Have a 64F8500 Originally had motion problems. replaced the Processing board. Looked better, but then was freezing up when in programming mode and sometimes wouldn't turn off without unplugging. 2nd board picture looked flat almost low def. 3rd board, picture can be ok but not wow, that picture that we all love and varies from day to day and sometimes when it's been on awhile. They replaced the main power board the other day, but still just so so , didn't really make a difference. They had talked about replacing the Y board, but the company that they deal with didn't have it. Not sure what the Y board does? Bummed out..... Seems like the Panel is fine but there is a glitch somewhere. Any Ideas Gentlemen
A little more info, The other night I tried to watch Arrival DVD and it was quite dark. tonight I tried to watch a show and it was also dark. Turned on and off Eco sensor And the picture was much brighter but still flat?
post #13929 of 13931 Old Yesterday, 12:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Anyone experience this?
Power on, black screen, LED blinks slowly maybe 8-9 times then 1-2 quick ones. Then nothing: screen black and no blinking.
Power off and Power on again and it seems to work fine, LED blinked slowly 5 times after Power on.
post #13930 of 13931 Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickardl View Post
Anyone experience this?
Power on, black screen, LED blinks slowly maybe 8-9 times then 1-2 quick ones. Then nothing: screen black and no blinking.
Power off and Power on again and it seems to work fine, LED blinked slowly 5 times after Power on.
Might be the start of the dreaded F8500 power issues. Be prepared to maybe have work done.

Samsung PN51F8500
Samsung TW-J5500
Panasonic DMP-UB900
Custom W7 HTPC running MPC-HC w/ LAV+madVR
Panamax M5400-PM
Harmony 650
post #13931 of 13931 Old Today, 03:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaockle View Post
Might be the start of the dreaded F8500 power issues. Be prepared to maybe have work done.
Did a count now; there are 11 blinks with 4 secs apart, then 3 blinks with 2 secs apart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f8500 60 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page