Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk) - Page 467 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1235Likes

Old 05-12-2017, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Oh ok thanks. When I first checked I was just on Netflix but after putting in a Bluray I had the option. I don't think it ever allowed Auto 1 or 2 though, just off or Cinema smooth in Bluray.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2017, 10:01 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hi - I have a Samsung 8500 and a Denon receiver that have worked together harmoniously for years but now I either get ARC with TV, or sound through other AVR inputs, but not both. When my TV sound is working, and I can control the receiver volume with the TV remote, and I switch to the HDMI on TV and try to select an AV input, the receiver flashes the desired input, then right back to TV. If I turn off HDMI CEC on the receiver I can get receiver inputs to work, but then I get no surround on my TV input. The TV also fails to recognize the receiver as an audio playback option. Has anyone had an issue like this? The only thing I've done recently was turn on the HDMI control feature on my Roku but turned that back off and things were fine until today. I can always hook up an optical cable but TV is wall mounted so I'd just like to avoid that if there's an easy solution.
Old Today, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwl001 View Post
Hi - I have a Samsung 8500 and a Denon receiver that have worked together harmoniously for years but now I either get ARC with TV, or sound through other AVR inputs, but not both. When my TV sound is working, and I can control the receiver volume with the TV remote, and I switch to the HDMI on TV and try to select an AV input, the receiver flashes the desired input, then right back to TV. If I turn off HDMI CEC on the receiver I can get receiver inputs to work, but then I get no surround on my TV input. The TV also fails to recognize the receiver as an audio playback option. Has anyone had an issue like this? The only thing I've done recently was turn on the HDMI control feature on my Roku but turned that back off and things were fine until today. I can always hook up an optical cable but TV is wall mounted so I'd just like to avoid that if there's an easy solution.
i've also had this set now for years and it still works great too. i have used an optical cable for audio and haven't had any issues at all with sound. i would go that route and pipe the optical cable into the wall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f8500 60 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread