Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk) - Page 55 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1621 of 7629 Old 09-11-2013, 02:36 PM
 
pieandchips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,944
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBRINI View Post

turn "motion judder canceler" off.

In my opinion it has the opposite effect of its name....

Yeah I think it's 'broken' still....
pieandchips is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1622 of 7629 Old 09-11-2013, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
ljmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: TN / Clwtr FL
Posts: 1,072
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Both devices and the cable.

nice tribute avatar smile.gif

Samsung PN51F8500. Marantz SR5008. Oppo BDP 103D. Sony BDP S5100. Emp Tek E55TIB LR, E5CIB, E55WIB. Sennheiser Momentum. Sennheiser 598.
ljmart is offline  
post #1623 of 7629 Old 09-11-2013, 03:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,188
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljmart View Post

nice tribute avatar smile.gif
Thx Good of you to point it out.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #1624 of 7629 Old 09-11-2013, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
djbluemax1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 2,258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by box4m View Post

Hi,

Im a swedish buyer of 64F8505(8500) and ive had it for like 2 weeks.
I recently had vt30.
Many things is totally awesome with this tv but there is two things im trying to read up on, one of them really annoying.
My tv provider broadcasts at 50hz, and im not sure yet if this happends only with this hz.
When theres a scenechange i get this hickup before it continues to be smooth (using motion judder canceler=smooth), i read about this in some review aswell.
Any pointers/info/solution to this?

The other thing is fast scenes like birds flying in closeup it looks **** sometimes (i dont know the name of the error). Any input?

Thanks
I'm not sure how firmware updates go in the EU, but the US firmware 1111.4 has just about eliminated this for me, where I used to see it all the time, exactly as you described it. Perhaps, when you folks get the new firmware?


Max
djbluemax1 is offline  
post #1625 of 7629 Old 09-12-2013, 05:16 AM
Member
 
PBRINI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbluemax1 View Post

I'm not sure how firmware updates go in the EU, but the US firmware 1111.4 has just about eliminated this for me, where I used to see it all the time, exactly as you described it. Perhaps, when you folks get the new firmware?


Max

I have the latest firmware available here in the states and I still can not use that setting. It is just horrible with any source material.

PN64F8500 PLASMA

BD-F7500 BLU-RAY

RX-V673 AVR

Comcast X1 STB

Harmony One Remote

Saving my pennies for decent speakers...
PBRINI is offline  
post #1626 of 7629 Old 09-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Newbie
 
box4m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Something else ive read about and noticed (only on some channels/material) is this lipsync-issue.
First i dont understand how this can be an error with the tv when most ppl do source->receiver->tv but is it the tv?
Ive not thought/noticed it before on other tvs

Thx
box4m is offline  
post #1627 of 7629 Old 09-12-2013, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
djbluemax1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 2,258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBRINI View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbluemax1 View Post

I'm not sure how firmware updates go in the EU, but the US firmware 1111.4 has just about eliminated this for me, where I used to see it all the time, exactly as you described it. Perhaps, when you folks get the new firmware?


Max

I have the latest firmware available here in the states and I still can not use that setting. It is just horrible with any source material.
Horrible is about as subjective a description as possible. It simply translates to, "I don't like it". No details or explanation whatsoever.

Some folks don't like the Soap Opera Effect. This is simply a subjective preference. I for one, actually prefer the SOE to 24p judder which I REALLY don't like. Before 1111.4, I posted 2-3 weeks ago in this thread (or maybe the other F8500 thread) about the odd motion stutter when MJC was set to 'Smooth', specifically noting that t appears to occur most often immediately following a scene change. Immediately following my post about this, other folks also commented on the poor motion handling of these sets. Since 1111.4 though, I haven't noticed these odd motion stutter artifacts.


Max
djbluemax1 is offline  
post #1628 of 7629 Old 09-12-2013, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
djbluemax1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 2,258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 273
3D Brightness Pops

For the folks who've been experiencing 3D Brightness Pops with MJC ON and Film Mode OFF, after updating to 1111.4, unplug the TV for 30 seconds, THEN try 3D again.

When I first updated to 1111.4, I tested Prometheus in 3d for brightness pops and saw them all over the place in the opening scene to the Engineer falling in the water. I contacted Samsung to ask them when a firmware might come out that would eliminate the brightness pops in 3D. The tech suggested unplugging the TV for 30 seconds. I didn't think it would do any good, but did it anyway.

I watched Star Trek Into Darkness in 3D last night and saw no brightness pops, so I just tried the beginning of Prometheus 3D again today, and didn't notice any brightness pops where I saw a ton before.

If you've already updated to 1111.4 and still saw 3D brightness pops, try unplugging the TV for 30 seconds and try it again and post your results.



Max
djbluemax1 is offline  
post #1629 of 7629 Old 09-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Newbie
 
box4m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Me in sweden have 1107 as latest anyway. Looking forward to newer. But 1107 vs 1103 i notice a difference
box4m is offline  
post #1630 of 7629 Old 09-12-2013, 01:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 12,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieandchips View Post

Some folks just prefer an artificial looking picture over close to reality.
That is true, however as we all know there is more that comes along with that package.

Forum Sponsor // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1-866-651-0049 // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #1631 of 7629 Old 09-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Member
 
PBRINI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbluemax1 View Post

Horrible is about as subjective a description as possible. It simply translates to, "I don't like it". No details or explanation whatsoever.

Some folks don't like the Soap Opera Effect. This is simply a subjective preference. I for one, actually prefer the SOE to 24p judder which I REALLY don't like. Before 1111.4, I posted 2-3 weeks ago in this thread (or maybe the other F8500 thread) about the odd motion stutter when MJC was set to 'Smooth', specifically noting that t appears to occur most often immediately following a scene change. Immediately following my post about this, other folks also commented on the poor motion handling of these sets. Since 1111.4 though, I haven't noticed these odd motion stutter artifacts.


Max

I still see the "stutter" with MJC set to smooth with 1111 loaded. It is my understanding that 1111.4 is the same as 1111, correct?

Sorry I was not more "specific" in my reply but what I am experiencing with MJC is not just personal preference, I believe, I know there is something "horribly" wrong with this setting.

PN64F8500 PLASMA

BD-F7500 BLU-RAY

RX-V673 AVR

Comcast X1 STB

Harmony One Remote

Saving my pennies for decent speakers...
PBRINI is offline  
post #1632 of 7629 Old 09-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Member
 
PBRINI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbluemax1 View Post

3D Brightness Pops

For the folks who've been experiencing 3D Brightness Pops with MJC ON and Film Mode OFF, after updating to 1111.4, unplug the TV for 30 seconds, THEN try 3D again.

When I first updated to 1111.4, I tested Prometheus in 3d for brightness pops and saw them all over the place in the opening scene to the Engineer falling in the water. I contacted Samsung to ask them when a firmware might come out that would eliminate the brightness pops in 3D. The tech suggested unplugging the TV for 30 seconds. I didn't think it would do any good, but did it anyway.

I watched Star Trek Into Darkness in 3D last night and saw no brightness pops, so I just tried the beginning of Prometheus 3D again today, and didn't notice any brightness pops where I saw a ton before.

If you've already updated to 1111.4 and still saw 3D brightness pops, try unplugging the TV for 30 seconds and try it again and post your results.



Max


Maybe I need to unplug my set for 1111.4 to implement properly...

PN64F8500 PLASMA

BD-F7500 BLU-RAY

RX-V673 AVR

Comcast X1 STB

Harmony One Remote

Saving my pennies for decent speakers...
PBRINI is offline  
post #1633 of 7629 Old 09-15-2013, 04:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
Dougofthenorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ottawa Ontario Canada
Posts: 597
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I just got this set new on Monday. (my 5 year old Samsung 50" died last Sunday)

Screen buzzing sound is totally unacceptable!!!!!!

Samsung tech tried to blow me off with

"are you aware ALL plasmas panels buzz"

&

"if you request an in home tech visit & it is within specs you will be charged the fee"

I told them book it or I am returning it! & I am not paying for ANYTHING & stop trying to blow smoke you know where

Local Tech service company called me soon after (after Samsung booked my appointment) & said no way is there a charge to me for the visit

------------------------
Regards,

Dougofthenorth

Save turtles:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dougofthenorth is offline  
post #1634 of 7629 Old 09-15-2013, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,086
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougofthenorth View Post

I just got this set new on Monday. (my 5 year old Samsung 50" died last Sunday)

Screen buzzing sound is totally unacceptable!!!!!!

Samsung tech tried to blow me off with

"are you aware ALL plasmas panels buzz"

&

"if you request an in home tech visit & it is within specs you will be charged the fee"

I told them book it or I am returning it! & I am not paying for ANYTHING & stop trying to blow smoke you know where

Local Tech service company called me soon after (after Samsung booked my appointment) & said no way is there a charge to me for the visit
You must have a defective set, mine doesn't have any noticeable screen buzz when sitting at a normal distance. All plasma's do buzz if you get close enough to hear it. It sounds like you need an LED or LCD or give another 8500 a try since it might be your panel is defective.
Supermans is offline  
post #1635 of 7629 Old 09-15-2013, 07:29 AM
Newbie
 
burleyhotel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have the 8500 for one week. My concern is the build date of March 2013. Purchase from BB on Sept, 1 so they had this one for awhile. Does not look like a return. Contacted Samsung to find out if there was a previous service issue. Nothing. So far here is my experience with this TV:

Screen is just as reflective as my 8 year old Toshiba. Room is not that bright. Can see lamp and paintings with light coming in through french doors on left side and behind my back.

Watching local NBC last night. See a black thin dotted line across the very top and bottom of picture. Adjust position of picture - nothing. Change picture size - more visible depending on size - 16:9, screen fit, wide, etc. Ran some D-Nice slides and did not see lines.

Some sound drop during normal viewing.

Directv box connected to TV via HDMI. Have not tries a DVD. Using my Sony PS3 as player.

Good test today. Sunday football!!!
burleyhotel11 is offline  
post #1636 of 7629 Old 09-15-2013, 08:55 AM
 
pieandchips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,944
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Has anyone with 1111.4 FW noticed any major viewable differences?
The last pop fix they did trashed calibrations as it changed core default settings.
pieandchips is offline  
post #1637 of 7629 Old 09-15-2013, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DanF8500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,038
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieandchips View Post

Has anyone with 1111.4 FW noticed any major viewable differences?
The last pop fix they did trashed calibrations as it changed core default settings.
I've noticed differences in the picture. Warm2 seems more veiled now. I'm using warm1 after the update and prefer this to warm2 currently.
DanF8500 is online now  
post #1638 of 7629 Old 09-15-2013, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DanF8500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,038
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by burleyhotel11 View Post

Have the 8500 for one week. My concern is the build date of March 2013. Purchase from BB on Sept, 1 so they had this one for awhile. Does not look like a return. Contacted Samsung to find out if there was a previous service issue. Nothing. So far here is my experience with this TV:

Watching local NBC last night. See a black thin dotted line across the very top and bottom of picture. Adjust position of picture - nothing. Change picture size - more visible depending on size - 16:9, screen fit, wide, etc. Ran some D-Nice slides and did not see lines.

Some sound drop during normal viewing.

Directv box connected to TV via HDMI.
don't worry about that dotted line you see across the top of your screen from time to time. It's not your tv. It's been explained on this forum (or the 8500 discussion forum) before. The source of the problem is local channel broadcasting.
DanF8500 is online now  
post #1639 of 7629 Old 09-15-2013, 01:16 PM
 
pieandchips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,944
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post

I've noticed differences in the picture. Warm2 seems more veiled now. I'm using warm1 after the update and prefer this to warm2 currently.

Hmm, interesting thanks.
I'd like to know for sure before I upgrade whether or not it requires a recalibration.

Can anyone else confirm visual 'changes' on the same calibration values before and after?
pieandchips is offline  
post #1640 of 7629 Old 09-15-2013, 01:18 PM
 
pieandchips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,944
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post

don't worry about that dotted line you see across the top of your screen from time to time. It's not your tv. It's been explained on this forum (or the 8500 discussion forum) before. The source of the problem is local channel broadcasting.

That's time code information (and some other stuff). If it bothers the OP, don't use screen fit. I see it rarely on some channels.
pieandchips is offline  
post #1641 of 7629 Old 09-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Newbie
 
burleyhotel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks. Did not see it watching Sunday Ticket.
burleyhotel11 is offline  
post #1642 of 7629 Old 09-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Member
 
marveldave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Glad I found your post. The build date for my TV is also March 2013 and I purchased it from BB on Sept 2. I am also concern that my TV is also a return/ refurbished because I noticed that the box's original tape was already cut open and there was another tape on top of it to seal the box. Did you notice the same thing on yours too? I don't know, maybe I am just over worried about this, maybe they did some quality check in BB before they delivered it to us??

Quote:
Originally Posted by burleyhotel11 View Post

Have the 8500 for one week. My concern is the build date of March 2013. Purchase from BB on Sept, 1 so they had this one for awhile. Does not look like a return. Contacted Samsung to find out if there was a previous service issue. Nothing. So far here is my experience with this TV:

Screen is just as reflective as my 8 year old Toshiba. Room is not that bright. Can see lamp and paintings with light coming in through french doors on left side and behind my back.

Watching local NBC last night. See a black thin dotted line across the very top and bottom of picture. Adjust position of picture - nothing. Change picture size - more visible depending on size - 16:9, screen fit, wide, etc. Ran some D-Nice slides and did not see lines.

Some sound drop during normal viewing.

Directv box connected to TV via HDMI. Have not tries a DVD. Using my Sony PS3 as player.

Good test today. Sunday football!!!
marveldave is offline  
post #1643 of 7629 Old 09-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Member
 
mattduke1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just downloaded a new update. This is software version 1112.
mattduke1 is offline  
post #1644 of 7629 Old 09-15-2013, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,086
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattduke1 View Post

I just downloaded a new update. This is software version 1112.
Same here, it must have just been uploaded. I hope it fixes 3D brightness pops when not on cinema smooth.
Supermans is offline  
post #1645 of 7629 Old 09-15-2013, 11:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DanF8500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,038
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 157
I think the 3D brightness pops are fixed with the new (1112) firmware. I played a number of 3D short movies, and didn't see one pop in them. Someone else please verify this. Thanks....
DanF8500 is online now  
post #1646 of 7629 Old 09-16-2013, 12:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
djbluemax1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 2,258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattduke1 View Post

I just downloaded a new update. This is software version 1112.
Same here, it must have just been uploaded. I hope it fixes 3D brightness pops when not on cinema smooth.

From what I found, the brightness pops were alleviated with 1111.4. But I had to unplug the set for 30 seconds after installing 1111.4 before it took effect.

I DL'ed it and installed it, then tested Prometheus 3D from the opening scene till the Engineer falls and there were brightness pops all over the place. I initiated an online chat with a Samsung tech and was advised to unplug the power cord for 30 seconds. Didn't think it would do anything but after doing that, no more brightness pops when I played the same scenes from P 3d.

Didn't see any while watching Star Trek Into Darkness 3D either.


Max

P.S. I never use Cinema Smooth. I always have MJC set to Smooth after testing some scenes off the Spears & Munsil disc. There's too much image blurring and smearing with any other settings and I hate 24p judder.

If the EVO kit can eliminate the haloing and other motion artifacts with MJC on Smooth, I'll get one.
djbluemax1 is offline  
post #1647 of 7629 Old 09-16-2013, 12:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,086
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post

I think the 3D brightness pops are fixed with the new (1112) firmware. I played a number of 3D short movies, and didn't see one pop in them. Someone else please verify this. Thanks....
I'll rewatch scenes from Avatar and Star Trek Into Darkness the next couple days and get back to everyone.
Supermans is offline  
post #1648 of 7629 Old 09-16-2013, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
blklightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Well hopefully this will fix the YouTube pairing bug that 1111 introduced. Too bad idiot Samsung doesn't tell us what these mystery updates are doing.

500 gigs FTW.
blklightning is offline  
post #1649 of 7629 Old 09-16-2013, 05:40 AM
 
pieandchips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,944
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 169
It would be really good data to see if anyone with a calibrated set notices any visual differences after installing 1111/1112.
Please report anything you notice whoever installs it.
pieandchips is offline  
post #1650 of 7629 Old 09-16-2013, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DanF8500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,038
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

Well hopefully this will fix the YouTube pairing bug that 1111 introduced. Too bad idiot Samsung doesn't tell us what these mystery updates are doing.
Ah crap!! Is that when it got introduced? I spent over a half an hour last night trying to get my youtube app to pair with my 8500 to no avail. (Well the pairing takes place, and the app says the tv is connected, but the tv doesn't switch). I thought the problem was the new youtube app update I downloaded a couple weeks back. Didn't think it would be the tv creating the problem. I'm using 1112 fw right now. I was able to use the Samsung TV VideoBrowser iPad app to watch youtube videos on the 8500 last night....but I don't think that involves a pairing to be initiated..I think it's dlna....
DanF8500 is online now  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f8500 60 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Pn60f8500 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off