ST60 vs VT50 (similar size) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-03-2013, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've seen very few of these comparisons, and even the ones I've seen have been comparing deals involving differently sized TV's.

Long story short, I had a hookup for a 55" ST60 for $800 plus tax/delivery from a friend, and now his chain has decided to not to stock ST's this year. I think the best I can do to match that is going to be around $950 for something comparable with the 55st60

BUT

There is a used 55vt50 available that I can get for 900 plus tax/delivery that is described as "pristine condition" all around, except for an L shaped scratch measuring about a quarter of an inch made up of three little pinprick type dots in the lower left part of the screen (within the black bars for 2:35 films, which will be the main function of this TV). If it's visible at all, it will bother the hell out of me, and there's a strong possibility it'd be visible in a dark room.

So I can't decide what to do frown.gif Anyone have any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-03-2013, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 147
I don't like buying used. Plus the ST60 is a hair better anyway. I would go with the ST60. Unless you're a hardcore gamer and input lag bothers you.
Roy Warner likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-03-2013, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What if it were between a 50st60 and 55vt50? I've finally seen pictures of the scratches (the TV is 75 miles away, so I can't see it in person).

PQ is my absolute priority. It's a smaller room, so the size difference isn't too killer, and if I'm super bothered, I have a 58v10 in the next room, ha. I think I can get the 50st60 for 900 plus tax with delivery included
post #4 of 4 Old 06-03-2013, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 147
I have a hard time recommending a used set. Even if it's still under warranty I'm not sure if it's transferable (I don't think that it is, you might want to check on that).

Just a straight comparison of the two, I would go with the larger VT50. Whether you want to buy used is up to you.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page