Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 669 Old 12-05-2013, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckylgpn5700 View Post

Thanks Matt.  Just went home and noticed that my DVR playback through Disk works fine for an hour or so but after that, the sync gets messed up again.  Not sure if it's a Dish Network issue or what but Blu Rays are just fine.  Very odd.  Thanks for your reply though!  I'll use the TV settings if I see any sync issues going forward.
We're probably beating this horse to death, but I'll give a few Bluray disks (the PS3 is my only player) a try and report back -- wouldn't surprise me if they're a unique beast.

-Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 669 Old 12-05-2013, 04:04 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave197nj View Post

On my tv watching when it switches camera angles/screen views there is a lag/blur in between. Does anyone else get this? is there a setting I need to change? Any help would be great thanks.

Maybe I'm not explaining this correctly bare with me.. So it's almost like a frame rate drop where the scenes slow down slightly and then in transition to the one scene to the next it shows the lag/blur for a split second. I tried changing my HDMI cable, and it does this with Comcast HD and My Roku 3 In HD. When I watched a regular DVD I did not notice it. I am getting a blue ray player soon and will try that out. Does the TV need to break in more or do you think it's the source? How can I figure this out for sure? I bought this TV on the 21st of November and I have 30 days to return it. I'd rather not because it's huge but if I have to I will. :(

post #273 of 669 Old 12-05-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:

Maybe I'm not explaining this correctly bare with me.. So it's almost like a frame rate drop where the scenes slow down slightly and then in transition to the one scene to the next it shows the lag/blur for a split second. I tried changing my HDMI cable, and it does this with Comcast HD and My Roku 3 In HD. When I watched a regular DVD I did not notice it. I am getting a blue ray player soon and will try that out. Does the TV need to break in more or do you think it's the source? How can I figure this out for sure? I bought this TV on the 21st of November and I have 30 days to return it. I'd rather not because it's huge but if I have to I will. frown.gif
Dave, not sure how others interpreted your message (maybe we got off-topic with the sync issue) but I thought your description was pretty clear -- at least, what I pictured were brief moments where the actions freezes or stutters, pretty much what you just described. Sorry to hear that a new cable didn't fix it. My gut feeling is either your particular set has a "motion" processing issue (some kind of flaw in how it deals with rapid scene shifts) or there is a problem in how you are getting the signal into the TV. Can you describe your "wiring" setup? How are you getting DVD in, through a standalone DVD player...upconverter with HDMI output...? Maybe if you can illustrate how everything is hooked up, it will offer an insight.

As far as break-in (I've been quietly biting my tongue as a very shy non-believer -- see here, here, and here) I'd say the discussion regarding break-in and image-burn focuses on another issue, and is almost certainly unrelated to what you're experiencing.

-Matt
madmadworld likes this.
post #274 of 669 Old 12-05-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetrants View Post

Dave, not sure how others interpreted your message (maybe we got off-topic with the sync issue) but I thought your description was pretty clear -- at least, what I pictured were brief moments where the actions freezes or stutters, pretty much what you just described. Sorry to hear that a new cable didn't fix it. My gut feeling is either your particular set has a "motion" processing issue (some kind of flaw in how it deals with rapid scene shifts) or there is a problem in how you are getting the signal into the TV. Can you describe your "wiring" setup? How are you getting DVD in, through a standalone DVD player...upconverter with HDMI output...? Maybe if you can illustrate how everything is hooked up, it will offer an insight.

As far as break-in (I've been quietly biting my tongue as a very shy non-believer -- see here, here, and here) I'd say the discussion regarding break-in and image-burn focuses on another issue, and is almost certainly unrelated to what you're experiencing.

-Matt

I have standalone comcast xfinity X1 box to the TV HDMI #1. I have a standalone Roku 3 HDMI #2 and a Philips DVP5990 standalone DVD player HDMI #3 The new HDMI cable I used is a Monster 700HD Advanced High-Speed HDMI. (before I was using a Media Bridge HDMI cable)

post #275 of 669 Old 12-05-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:

I have standalone comcast xfinity X1 box to the TV HDMI #1. I have a standalone Roku 3 HDMI #2 and a Philips DVP5990 standalone DVD player HDMI #3 The new HDMI cable I used is a Monster 700HD Advanced High-Speed HDMI. (before I was using a Media Bridge HDMI cable)
OK, cool -- so pass-through on a AV receiver is not the issue. Easiest way to figure out if it's the TV is to put a video file on a USB drive and play it straight off the TV -- can you give that a try? Since you didn't spot the issue with your DVD player, I'm thinking you should try and play back both an HD and lower-res video file, if possible. You might also try some of the built-in apps, e.g., Youtube. If you're getting it across the board I don't think there's any question who the culprit is. frown.gif

-Matt
post #276 of 669 Old 12-05-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:

OK, cool -- so pass-through on a AV receiver is not the issue. Easiest way to figure out if it's the TV is to put a video file on a USB drive and play it straight off the TV -- can you give that a try? Since you didn't spot the issue with your DVD player, I'm thinking you should try and play back both an HD and lower-res video file, if possible. You might also try some of the built-in apps, e.g., Youtube. If you're getting it across the board I don't think there's any question who the culprit is. frown.gif

-Matt

Thanks for your help I will try what you said. I just hope the TV is not the issue because I got it at microcenter and I checked online and they do not have any in stock where I am. Then I am screwed :mad:

post #277 of 669 Old 12-05-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:

Thanks for your help I will try what you said. I just hope the TV is not the issue because I got it at microcenter and I checked online and they do not have any in stock where I am. Then I am screwed mad.gif
Oh I'm an eternal optimist, even after the fat lady sings. I'd say as long as it's not 2014 there's still a reasonable amount of hope! It's true that Microcenter gave it to you for a song and dance but my experience with them was pretty positive -- wouldn't surprise me if they bent over backwards to keep you a happy customer (though I'm sure some have horror stories too).

-Matt
post #278 of 669 Old 12-05-2013, 05:35 PM

Liked: 10
i just bought two of these one for my daughter and one for me after playing with one @ microcenter for about two hours.

i have a question about the 3d version of this set the 60PM6700 as i have played with both and the only difference i could see was the fact that there was no 3d settings in the software and maybe no rf emitter ?
is anyone familiar with the hardware and schematics of both sets in this forum ?

i am also interested in the service menus for this set.

i'm curious..

thanks
biggrin.gif
post #279 of 669 Old 12-05-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:

Oh I'm an eternal optimist, even after the fat lady sings. I'd say as long as it's not 2014 there's still
Quote:

Thanks for your help I will try what you said. I just hope the TV is not the issue because I got it at microcenter and I checked online and they do not have any in stock where I am. Then I am screwed mad.gif
a reasonable amount of hope! It's true that Microcenter gave it to you for a song and dance but my experience with them was pretty positive -- wouldn't surprise me if they bent over backwards to keep you a happy customer (though I'm sure some have horror stories too).

-Matt

Just hooked up my new blueray player watched it for a while and it worked fine! The signal from comcast and roku must be inferior and the tv is picking up the imperfections.
gadgetrants likes this.
post #280 of 669 Old 12-05-2013, 08:44 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:

Just hooked up my new blueray player watched it for a while and it worked fine! The signal from comcast and roku must be inferior and the tv is picking up the imperfections.

Yup.
Burn in seemed to do wonders for my set. ....jus sayin;....

"I'm done with upgrading my HT system...really...simply done...really this time!!"
--------------------------------------------------------
http://www.allanmichael.vpweb.com

http://www.aestheticrealism.org

post #281 of 669 Old 12-06-2013, 01:46 PM

I have been running the slides on my tv but how do you make it fast?  I've been pressing fast forward but every 40-45 minutes after it loops to another slide I have to press it again.  Please teach me a better way if there is one. TYIA

post #282 of 669 Old 12-06-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinp View Post

I have been running the slides on my tv but how do you make it fast?  I've been pressing fast forward but every 40-45 minutes after it loops to another slide I have to press it again.  Please teach me a better way if there is one. TYIA

From page 8 of this thread same thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcq4blackstar View Post

I got it to loop by first pushing the "smart" button above the navigation buttons on the remote, then scroll over to the right until you see the USB devices, select the one you have the slides on and navigate inside the folder to the first slide and play from there. I believe I changed the speed to fast with ether the settings button or info button, from there you can see all the available options. Been running it for the past 4 nights and the picture has really come alive! I'm very happy with the TV so far.

post #283 of 669 Old 12-06-2013, 03:52 PM

I have read that post before and tried it.  Once I select the usb and select the first video image it does loop endlessly fine.  What I can't find is how to make it fast paced like others said.  Only option I have available to me is fast forwarding.  Info pops up the play menu and settings doesn't pop up anything.

post #284 of 669 Old 12-06-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:

I have read that post before and tried it.  Once I select the usb and select the first video image it does loop endlessly fine.  What I can't find is how to make it fast paced like others said.  Only option I have available to me is fast forwarding.  Info pops up the play menu and settings doesn't pop up anything.
Give this a shot: select the folder with the images, and then select the first photo (which will load -- you should see the photo together with a filmstrip displayed at the bottom) -> from there press Settings -> menu should pop up -> select Set Photo View, and then pick your options. If you press Info or Settings from the folder view, you're right nothing happens. When you've got the settings you want, I've noticed there might be a minor bug...from the current photo, if you press Play on the remote only the current photo displays, but if you activate the filmstrip/playback panel again (by pressing Enter), and then move to the Play button on the panel and select it, the slideshow should work.

EDIT: or maybe just do this...I noticed that pressing Settings on the remote during slideshow playback brings up the same menu!

-Matt
post #285 of 669 Old 12-06-2013, 09:07 PM

Still can't seem to figure it out :/.  Is it bad to break in with the default speed?  Should i bother not using this slides break in at all if I cant seem to make it faster?  Please advise.

post #286 of 669 Old 12-06-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:

Still can't seem to figure it out :/.  Is it bad to break in with the default speed?  Should i bother not using this slides break in at all if I cant seem to make it faster?  Please advise.

Of all the speaker/sub/amp/tv break-ins I've done...this plasma break-in made the BIGgest difference, Ever...Period. [& i did it with the default LG slide speed of 100 hours!!]

"I'm done with upgrading my HT system...really...simply done...really this time!!"

post #287 of 669 Old 12-07-2013, 06:59 AM

I have had similar issues. I have noticed stuttering and motion problems as well as well as when there is a fast transition from shot to shot there is a BLINK. It seems to be on my directv HD DVR only and worse on certain channels. I was hoping it was something to do with the settings but nothing seems to work. frown.gif Old Panasonic plasma had none of these problems.
post #288 of 669 Old 12-07-2013, 08:26 PM

Hi all, just got mine delivered today from Dell. I'm a little ticked I couldn't get the $599 deal that some of you got at either MC or Fry's, but for $819 this is still the best 60" smart tv bargain out there and even though plasma may be a "dieing breed" it is perfect for a basement low-light setting. I just got everything hooked up this evening and here are some observations:

1.) woohoo, despite being unlisted on amazon's instant video tv compatibility list, it was added!
2.) similar to others, I've found that you can't use both tv and external speaker sound concurrently (unfortunate as some old models allowed this)
3.) the whites aren't too thrilling (e.g. hockey), but I haven't broken it in yet
4.) although it's a bit klunky without a keyboard, the smart tv user interface is quite comprehensive and impressive. I'll have to try the iPad app next.

A couple of questions:

For those of you running a break-in slideshow on this TV such as Evangelo's, are you leaving the speed on medium and letting it run 24x7 for a week or so? Is there any reason to shut it off? At what point should the brightness or speed of the slides be increased? Once it is broken in, have you noticed any more brilliant whites?

LG recently got caught surrounding some privacy issues with exposing data despite the off-switch. Does anyone know if this model is affected?

Overall, very happy with my purchase smile.gif. LG has become a very respectable brand.
post #289 of 669 Old 12-07-2013, 09:17 PM

woo hoo is right...great set.
Whites in hockey will come.
not run for week straight..just 12 days of 8hrs straight though...give or take.
medium speed...never increased brightness past 50.
THEN ENJOY!!!!!!!!!! :-]

post #290 of 669 Old 12-08-2013, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowabs View Post

woo hoo is right...great set.
Whites in hockey will come.
not run for week straight..just 12 days of 8hrs straight though...give or take.
medium speed...never increased brightness past 50.
THEN ENJOY!!!!!!!!!! :-]

Did I read correctly that you reduced the contrast to 50 as well? Is that important? Did you use Evangelo's slides as well?
post #291 of 669 Old 12-08-2013, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM22681 View Post

Did I read correctly that you reduced the contrast to 50 as well? Is that important? Did you use Evangelo's slides as well?
I did half the time at 50 and other half aT 95 on the contrast. I saw later from posts that contrast should be at 50%. Oh well...turned out great. I don't know who's slides I used. I posted the site to DL them from. The blacks...details ...color...contrast...etc...rival the Panny ZT's in all of these departments!!! I bought HUGO and PACIFIC RIM, just to compare to what I saw in Best Buy's Magnolia room and the picture was Identical. Glad I did not spend $3200!!! (which my wife said would never had happen anyway) :-)

post #292 of 669 Old 12-08-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:

I did half the time at 50 and other half aT 95 on the contrast. I saw later from posts that contrast should be at 50%. Oh well...turned out great. I don't know who's slides I used. I posted the site to DL them from. The blacks...details ...color...contrast...etc...rival the Panny ZT's in all of these departments!!! I bought HUGO and PACIFIC RIM, just to compare to what I saw in Best Buy's Magnolia room and the picture was Identical. Glad I did not spend $3200!!! (which my wife said would never had happen anyway) :-)

Cool, I just dropped contrast from 100 to 60 or so. I didn't notice until this morning that the USB input has it's own video settings.
post #293 of 669 Old 12-08-2013, 07:18 AM

Quote:

Yes you did read it incorrectly...I keep and kept the brightness at 50%.... :-)

post #294 of 669 Old 12-08-2013, 07:37 AM

I read and did watch tv in between breakin sessions. Just left em running all night long for 12 days or so.

post #295 of 669 Old 12-08-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:

EDIT: or maybe just do this...I noticed that pressing Settings on the remote during slideshow playback brings up the same menu!

-Matt

This is what I was trying to say but I guess I wasn't clear. Its straight forward to change the speed or any other settings.

post #296 of 669 Old 12-09-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:

LG recently got caught surrounding some privacy issues with exposing data despite the off-switch. Does anyone know if this model is affected?

There was a update/patch a couple days ago to fix this.
post #297 of 669 Old 12-09-2013, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi All,

Love this TV set but I'm having some very annoying audio sync issues.

I have a Dish Network DVR and push HDMI directly to the LG and optical to my receiver.  Audio and video are not just slightly out of sync but pretty significantly.  I was able to make the adjustments on my AVR (about 150ms) to correct it.

However, when I play blurays (through a panasonic blu ray player), the AVR adjustment to correct the sync issue with my DVR is now CAUSING sync issues with my blu rays!  The only way to fix this is to change the sync every time I watch a bluray.  

Has anyone else encountered this issue?  I tried the audio sync settings on the TV which didn't seem to affect anything.  I change the input name to PC as well as someone previously suggested.  This is quite frustrating - I had a 50" panasonic plasma from 2007 that I never had a problem with!

Thanks in advance.

post #298 of 669 Old 12-10-2013, 10:31 PM

We'll, I've played around with the TV for about a week and it's been an absolute blast to see all of my media on a 60 inch screen. My last TV was a low end 50 inch Samsung with a resolution of 720p. The increased resolution and size of this LG set impressed me immediately. It even breathed some life into my previously dusty bluray collection.

Unfortunately, the input lag is unbearable for a tech savvy individual like myself. I work in broadcast television for a medium tier sports network and am extremely sensitive to lip sync issues. However, I didn't pay $600 for a 60" TV and expect it to be perfect either. I expected to compromise with this set on something....

As a moderate gamer and avid movie lover, 74ms of input lag isn't a compromise for me, it's a deal breaker. (Search for the set on displaylag.com for more info about the 74ms delay)

I wanted to love this set and tried everything possible to reduce the lag. PC label, game mode, etc.... No dice.

This nearly perfect television set has to go back and I'm bummed about it.
post #299 of 669 Old 12-11-2013, 05:06 AM

....it's a shame...

post #300 of 669 Old 12-11-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:

....it's a shame...

I'd say we develop emotional attachments to these things. Especially if an individual has babied the panel for the first 100 hours. Plus the size! What a pain take off of the wall and return.

Anyway, it's really hard to let go of such a wonderful purchase. I really hope the majority of users won't even notice any of the issues I've had with this set because it is an awesome value otherwise.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 60 Inch Plasma 60pa550c
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page