OFFICIAL LG 60PN5700 60" Class Thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 669 Old 02-19-2014, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I want to give a big THANK YOU to NYCBhoy, MiltonA and Blowabs! Because of you guys I realized Micro Center had dropped the price to $599 from the $699 I paid on 2/1. I went there today (about a 45 minute drive but well worth it) and they cheerfully refunded me $106, which including the tax. That more than pays for the Magic Remote I bought. I'm a happy guy and thanks again!
ChazzMatt and Ninja88 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 669 Old 02-19-2014, 05:30 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave197nj View Post

Ok so my girlfriend had the TV on the Food network channel and forgot to turn the TV off. Now there is the food network logo on the bottom right side of the screen it's not too bad but you can see it when there is a light color on the screen white/grays. I ran the IR color wash for about 3 hours and went thru Avatar once. It's still there any other suggestions? Do you think it will go away on its own eventually?
My 2 cents -- I wouldn't sweat it. Remember there's a difference between image retention and image burn. Your case sounds like the former. Just curious, how long has it been since she watched? You might find this reassuring:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57480003-221/do-i-need-to-break-in-a-new-plasma-tv-morrisons-mailbag/

Also some interesting examples here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57449881-221/samsung-plasma-wins-cnets-accidental-burn-in-test/

-Matt
Edited by gadgetrants - 1/21/14 at 1:04pm

I changed my name on here but it's me. The stupid food network logo is still there. Faintly but you can see it, with light solid backgrounds. It's a pain in the ass don't know what else to do at this point. I did run the slideshows for about 30+ hours and movies 20+ hours before I started watching regular TV. I guess it was not enough. If anyone has suggestions It would be greatly appreciated.
post #453 of 669 Old 02-19-2014, 06:12 PM

Liked: 10
Has anyone had this happen to them: I'll select the amazon app but Hulu pops-up. So I'll go back to the smart apps screen and select amazon again and sometimes it will load the amazon app but sometimes Hulu pops-up and I have to repeat that process until amazon loads.
post #454 of 669 Old 02-19-2014, 06:35 PM

Hey do I just have to bring the receipt to the store? I bought mines 9 days ago for $699..

post #455 of 669 Old 02-19-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikebill77 View Post

I want to give a big THANK YOU to NYCBhoy, MiltonA and Blowabs! Because of you guys I realized Micro Center had dropped the price to $599 from the $699 I paid on 2/1. I went there today (about a 45 minute drive but well worth it) and they cheerfully refunded me $106, which including the tax. That more than pays for the Magic Remote I bought. I'm a happy guy and thanks again!

Hey do I just have to bring the receipt? i bought mines 9 days ago for $699

post #456 of 669 Old 02-19-2014, 06:40 PM

Liked: 13
<<Hey do I just have to bring the receipt to the store? I bought mines 9 days ago for $699..>>

That's all I did. I had the print-out from my computer of the sale price but I don't think the woman even looked at it. She just checked the price on her computer against my receipt and refunded the difference to my credit card.
Ninja88 likes this.
post #457 of 669 Old 02-19-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:

<<Hey do I just have to bring the receipt to the store? I bought mines 9 days ago for $699..>>

That's all I did. I had the print-out from my computer of the sale price but I don't think the woman even looked at it. She just checked the price on her computer against my receipt and refunded the difference to my credit card.

Thats awesome :D thanks!!

post #458 of 669 Old 02-19-2014, 06:52 PM

BTW I've been playing a lot of PS4 on this TV and I see NO ISSUES whatsoever. Earlier in the thread a lot of people were saying this TV was no good for video games and I almost didn't get it for that one reason.. Just want to thank a lot of the posters here that got me into buying this TV (especially Blowabs and Matt) you guys are awesome and saved me a lot of money:D thanks again!

post #459 of 669 Old 02-19-2014, 07:28 PM

Liked: 16
yw bikebilly77,,,,welcome!!

"I'm done with upgrading my HT system...really...simply done...really this time!!"
--------------------------------------------------------
http://www.allanmichael.vpweb.com

http://www.aestheticrealism.org

post #460 of 669 Old 02-19-2014, 07:53 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1977nj View Post

I changed my name on here but it's me. The stupid food network logo is still there. Faintly but you can see it, with light solid backgrounds. It's a pain in the ass don't know what else to do at this point. I did run the slideshows for about 30+ hours and movies 20+ hours before I started watching regular TV. I guess it was not enough. If anyone has suggestions It would be greatly appreciated.

It will definitely go away eventually, don't sweat it.  New plasma's are very susceptible to image retention until they get broken in a bit but it is extremely rare for it to be permanent.  You are just too focused on it.  Give it a couple weeks and I guarantee it goes away.  If not that should be grounds for a return (if it really is burned in and noticeable).

EDIT -  Well I see its a been a few weeks since you posted that.  Is it still there now?  If so you may have an issue though I can't see how that's possible.  Are you absolutely sure its still there or are you sort of psychosomatically expecting it to be there thus thinking it is (in other words, do your friends see it as well)?  If it is truly burned in I would use the warranty and get it replaced.  Its weird though because I watch the Food Network all the time on my 60PN5000 and I have had no issues thus far.

post #461 of 669 Old 02-20-2014, 10:47 AM

I am still on the fence about this TV... $599 seems too good to pass up, especially with being on a limited budget.

That's good to know about the PS4 (and gaming in general), as that would be one of my primary uses for the TV. I've heard some people mention lag, but was specifically wondering about PS4 since it optimizes games for 1080p 60fps. I'm probably wrong but for some reason I feel like the lag would be less with ps4 for this reason as opposed to say, ps3 or xbox360.

I'm between this one and the Panny TC50S60, but nobody seems to be selling that anymore except open box at random Best Buys in my area.

post #462 of 669 Old 02-22-2014, 12:12 PM

Just got my $107.25 back. biggrin.gif
post #463 of 669 Old 02-22-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evrgreenz View Post

I am still on the fence about this TV... $599 seems too good to pass up, especially with being on a limited budget.

That's good to know about the PS4 (and gaming in general), as that would be one of my primary uses for the TV. I've heard some people mention lag, but was specifically wondering about PS4 since it optimizes games for 1080p 60fps. I'm probably wrong but for some reason I feel like the lag would be less with ps4 for this reason as opposed to say, ps3 or xbox360.

I'm between this one and the Panny TC50S60, but nobody seems to be selling that anymore except open box at random Best Buys in my area.

Hey man! Just get this one it's awesome, I was just I FIFA and battlefield for hours last night and had no problems at all! FIFA looks amazing on this TV
gadgetrants likes this.
post #464 of 669 Old 02-22-2014, 03:33 PM

Hey, is there a way to factory reset this tv. Not sure whats going on maybe a update or something.
But i usually watch movies from my hard drive and now it freezes alot and the tv just turns it selff off. I know maybe its the hard drive, but sometimes it wont let me into smart tv either.
on another note, it might be my av receiver. Anyone have problems like this.
I need to pinpoint it but not getting far. Please help.
post #465 of 669 Old 02-23-2014, 01:29 PM

I just bought this tv in December. I just had a problem with I thought I would share. I don't know if I'm just a one out of a million but I started to get this colored pixel snow on everything. I contacted LG about the problem since it would be covered under warranty. They set me up with a repair guy in my area so I called to verify my appointment. I emailed him the pictures I'm posting here and his opinion is he thinks my whole display is on its way out. I was just curious if anyone else experienced this.

post #466 of 669 Old 02-23-2014, 02:36 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:

Logged in yesterday, and I said "WHAT? eek.gif

Couldn't find my receipt (yes I could kick myself, I ALWAYS KEEP receipts), but credit card statement showed 01/26/14... Still under the 30 days, but barely. rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja88 View Post

Hey do I just have to bring the receipt to the store? I bought mines 9 days ago for $699..

So, I went to Microcenter today (02/23/14) and said, "I can show you my credit card statement but I bought THIS TV on 01/26/14. I have a question about it." The checkout clerk asked my name, called up the sales receipt on his screen, asked me to verify my address. OK, my question is, "Can I get the $100 price difference, since you dropped the price by $100?" biggrin.gif He said, "Yes. Let me print out a copy of the sales receipt for you. Take it over there to Returns and Exchanges." Within 10 minutes, I had $106 (price difference plus tax) put back on my credit card. They didn't even need to see the credit card.

As, a bonus, I now have a copy of my sales receipt again. wink.gif

So, THANK YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evrgreenz View Post

What are you on the fence about? Oh, my goodness. This is a FANTASTIC TV. I gave my 60" 1080p Sony Bravia to my brother-in-law since I bought this TV. And for $599? cool.gif I bought it when it was $699 -- and even then it was a great deal!

____

In a couple of days, I will share my settings with this LG PN5700 as well as the settings on my parents' entry level 60 LG PN6500 plasma. The PN6500 is a lesser model than the PN5700, even though it's numbered higher. The PN6500 has no no smart TV features, no wi-fi. LG pulled a strange one with our TV. PN5700 > PN6500. But the screens on both 60" should be roughly the same -- as both were released same model year. smile.gif

Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.
post #467 of 669 Old 02-23-2014, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by zycot View Post

I just bought this tv in December. I just had a problem with I thought I would share. I don't know if I'm just a one out of a million but I started to get this colored pixel snow on everything. I contacted LG about the problem since it would be covered under warranty. They set me up with a repair guy in my area so I called to verify my appointment. I emailed him the pictures I'm posting here and his opinion is he thinks my whole display is on its way out. I was just curious if anyone else experienced this.

Unless there is something actually wrong with your panel, you probably have the brightness set too high. Turn it down and the "colored snow" should go away.
post #468 of 669 Old 02-23-2014, 04:50 PM

My brightness was set at 55. As I turn it down they get dimmer with the picture. I turned down the brightness to 35 and they almost went away. The picture seems way to dark now. Do they show up at 55 for you? I haven't changed my settings they just appeared out of no where.
post #469 of 669 Old 02-23-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
 What are you on the fence about? Oh, my goodness. This is a FANTASTIC TV. I gave my 60" 1080p Sony Bravia to my brother-in-law since I bought this TV. And for $599? cool.gif I bought it when it was $699 -- and even then it was a great deal!

You're right... I guess I am just nervous about the gaming lag, even though I'm not a stickler about this because I stopped playing FPS games online. I would really only be worried about it for sports games. I'm going to bite the bullet and buy it sometime this week, just need to persuade a friend to use a car that it can fit in, because I don't think it will fit in the back of my Jetta :) 

Thanks for all the input guys, especially about the PS4 gaming comments. I will probably be reporting back with questions when calibrating the thing... never had to break a tv in before. But I'm pretty excited to be going from 32 to 60in :)

post #470 of 669 Old 02-23-2014, 06:54 PM

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post

Couldn't find my receipt (yes I could kick myself, I ALWAYS KEEP receipts), but credit card statement showed 01/26/14... Still under the 30 days, but barely. rolleyes.gif[/SIZE]
So, I went to Microcenter today (02/23/14) and said, "I can show you my credit card statement but I bought THIS TV on 01/26/14. I have a question about it." The checkout clerk asked my name, called up the sales receipt on his screen, asked me to verify my address. OK, my question is, "Can I get the $100 price difference, since you dropped the price by $100?" biggrin.gif He said, "Yes. Let me print out a copy of the sales receipt for you. Take it over there to Returns and Exchanges." Within 10 minutes, I had $106 (price difference plus tax) put back on my credit card. They didn't even need to see the credit card.

Kinda confirms the good experiences I've had with Microcenter as well (e.g., the sales guy personally called me up when they got more stock). Too bad they don't have more of them!
Quote:

Obviously not a technician but my gut-level reaction is it's a hardware problem. My first impression when I saw the snow is, "That's not normal." I would call up your credit card company when you have a few minutes -- if it's a lemon there's a chance they have some amount of purchase protection, which may allow you to forgo the whole repair process.

-Matt
zycot likes this.
post #471 of 669 Old 02-23-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:

My brightness was set at 55. As I turn it down they get dimmer with the picture. I turned down the brightness to 35 and they almost went away. The picture seems way to dark now. Do they show up at 55 for you? I haven't changed my settings they just appeared out of no where.

Yeah, that's not common plasma dithering. There's a hardware issue somewhere. Good luck with their techs. Keep us posted please!!
post #472 of 669 Old 02-24-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric618 View Post

Here you go. I'd love some feedback from all of you on what you think. As I said earlier, for my eyes, this is a great, great picture.

Settings used:
Aspect Ratio: Just Scan
Energy Saving: Off
Picture Mode: Game (User)
Panel Light: 96
Contrast: 93
Brightness:78
Sharpness: 22
Color: 67
Tint: R2
Color Temp: W2

Under Advanced Control:

Dynamic Contrast: Low
Dynamic Color: Low
Preferred Color: All set to 0
Super Resolution: Off
Gamma: High

Under Picture Option:
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Black Level: Low
Real Cinema: Grayed Out
Motion Eye Care: Grayed Out
True Motion: Grayed Out

I tend to like these settings too. Thanks. Just wondering if you ran the break-in slides too or have you just been running these settings since day one.

On another note, I just picked up this set at Microcenter this weekend for $599. A manager said they were trying to get enough to sell them at $499 but couldn't pull it off. At $599 this is a steal. It's a great set. Appreciate all the info in this thread.
post #473 of 669 Old 02-24-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpete97 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric618 View Post

Here you go. I'd love some feedback from all of you on what you think. As I said earlier, for my eyes, this is a great, great picture.

Settings used:
Aspect Ratio: Just Scan
Energy Saving: Off
Picture Mode: Game (User)
Panel Light: 96
Contrast: 93
Brightness:78
Sharpness: 22
Color: 67
Tint: R2
Color Temp: W2

Under Advanced Control:

Dynamic Contrast: Low
Dynamic Color: Low
Preferred Color: All set to 0
Super Resolution: Off
Gamma: High

Under Picture Option:
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Black Level: Low
Real Cinema: Grayed Out
Motion Eye Care: Grayed Out
True Motion: Grayed Out

I tend to like these settings too. Thanks. Just wondering if you ran the break-in slides too or have you just been running these settings since day one...

Yeah, I did run the slides, but I don't know for how long total. Maybe 50 hours or so. I was using lower brightness and contrast settings during break-in.
post #474 of 669 Old 02-25-2014, 11:10 AM

love this TV has anyone had any luck with the miracast feature. I have been trying for months to get it to work with my samsung galaxy s3 smartphone. Call LG tech support no help. Earlier firmware allowed it to work for about 30 seconds and then it would shut down I suspect that Samsung and LG are not compatible. Latest s..oftware allows TV to go into miracast but only shows pentouch feature . I have tried several LG Smart TVs at Frys they all do the same thing
post #475 of 669 Old 02-26-2014, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

As of today, both Georgia locations of Microcenter inventory are sold out for this TV. Last month's $699 sale and this month's $599 sale were "close out" sales, after all for this mid-year 2013 model. LG announced the 2014 plasma models last month, so no more PN5700s will be manufactured.

Perhaps Microcenters in other states still have inventory. Don't know. Jump on this deal if you can find it in another state. You're not going to find a better price on a TV this good.
gadgetrants likes this.

post #476 of 669 Old 02-27-2014, 03:40 AM

thinking hard about get this set, basically a DLP guy 73' & 62'' in house. but at this price....... hard to pass up.
95% of the time i watch sports with the fixed stuff at the bottom of the screen any troubles with this burning in ?

about wall mounts, never did one.
this set would have to be mounted nearly touching the ceiling. so how much room does one need for clearance to get it connected to the wall mount ?
thanks for reading

Have had my Mitsubishi WD-62827 DLP near 7 years now,new Lamp and a mirror & lens cleaning last year and she's like new again. sweet and she has over 27,000 hours now

post #477 of 669 Old 02-27-2014, 05:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post

thinking hard about get this set, basically a DLP guy 73' & 62'' in house. but at this price....... hard to pass up.
95% of the time i watch sports with the fixed stuff at the bottom of the screen any troubles with this burning in ?

about wall mounts, never did one.
this set would have to be mounted nearly touching the ceiling. so how much room does one need for clearance to get it connected to the wall mount ?
thanks for reading

Why would you need a wall mount --especially near the ceiling?

If you want a wall mount, fine, but you don't need one. I don't like wall mounts myself. Just my preference. Because... with my TV I have a cable box, a Blu-Ray player, a stereo receiver. Plus a collection of some DVDs and Blu-ray discs. I have a media console table with shelves to hold all that. And since I am going to have that table there anyway for all the necessary accouterments, I just put the TV on the table.

By putting the TV on the table you don't have to hide any wires going up the wall for all the connections.

The media console is low enough that sitting on the couch or love seat, the TV is at eye level. If it's not, you can put a shim (slim paperback book or something) at the rear of the pedestal to help slant the TV down just a little.
madmadworld likes this.

post #478 of 669 Old 02-27-2014, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post

Why would you need a wall mount --especially near the ceiling?

If you want a wall mount, fine, but you don't need one. I don't like wall mounts myself. Just my preference. Because... with my TV I have a cable box, a Blu-Ray player, a stereo receiver. Plus a collection of some DVDs and Blu-ray discs. I have a media console table with shelves to hold all that. And since I am going to have that table there anyway for all the necessary accouterments, I just put the TV on the table.

By putting the TV on the table you don't have to hide any wires going up the wall for all the connections.

The media console is low enough that sitting on the couch or love seat, the TV is at eye level. If it's not, you can put a shim (slim paperback book or something) at the rear of the pedestal to help slant the TV down just a little.
no other room. man cave/sports book crowed now.

Have had my Mitsubishi WD-62827 DLP near 7 years now,new Lamp and a mirror & lens cleaning last year and she's like new again. sweet and she has over 27,000 hours now

post #479 of 669 Old 02-27-2014, 07:29 AM

Ahhh I was waiting until tomorrow to buy this TV because I couldn't get access to a big enough car until then...wasn't worried about it because at both Chicago locations there was 10+ in stock.

Go on the MC website today, and it says none available!!! And this is apparently at every single MC. They just stopped selling it. So sad. I'm thinking maybe if I call they will still have a few? But just took it off the website? Doesn't make sense that they would stop selling them if they still have inventory.

:(

post #480 of 669 Old 02-27-2014, 08:50 AM

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyerobert View Post

love this TV has anyone had any luck with the miracast feature. I have been trying for months to get it to work with my samsung galaxy s3 smartphone. Call LG tech support no help. Earlier firmware allowed it to work for about 30 seconds and then it would shut down I suspect that Samsung and LG are not compatible. Latest s..oftware allows TV to go into miracast but only shows pentouch feature . I have tried several LG Smart TVs at Frys they all do the same thing

Sorry I can't speak to Samsung devices, but I've got it working pretty well with both a Moto X and an HTC One. Just tried the One again and it was a bit laggy, but didn't have any disconnect issues. My gut feeling on this one is that it may be a wifi issue -- is your TV wired or wireless? I would think about tweaking some settings on your router (e.g., maybe test a few other channels) and see if that helps keep the signal a bit steadier (yeah I agree it's not perfect technology yet!). Oh, I'm on the latest firmware BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post

Hmm....good question. If you really do keep your set tuned to programs with lots of banners, I'd probably recommend against plasma. You said 95%...if it were 40% or 50%, maybe...but anything that high I think is not a good idea. And that's coming from the guy who teases all the other owners about break-in! LOL

-Matt
madmadworld likes this.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 60 Inch Plasma 60pa550c
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page