OFFICIAL LG 60PN5700 60" Class Thread - Page 23 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #661 of 686 Old 05-07-2014, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17

From what I've seen in the 60PN5000 thread, contact LG first. Their response will be anywhere from telling you one pixel is an acceptable imperfection, to sending out a licensed tech to replace your panel. As the owner of the slightly inferior 5000 I don't have any dead pixels, so it's not something you should have to settle for. Like I said, contact LG first, they may save you the hassle of packing and lugging this heavy set back to the store.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 686 Old 05-07-2014, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

contacted them right before i posted here. they said they can only send a tech out when there is 1 dead bright pixel or 4 dead subpixels within 1 year of purchase.

Im just wondering anyone here got the same issue as i am or having any dead pixels on their set since their purchased.

post #663 of 686 Old 05-07-2014, 12:34 PM

See at the top of the page where it says "OFFICIAL LG 60PN5700 60" Class Thread - Page 23"? Just below it is a link to search this specific thread. Do a search for dead pixel or dead sub-pixel or whatever you want to search for. If anyone else mentioned those terms in this thread you'll find them.

post #664 of 686 Old 05-07-2014, 07:46 PM

I don't personally look for dead pixels myself as if I don't notice it in regular TV usage then its not that big of a deal.  Besides, once I know its there I'd never be able to UN-see it if you know what I mean.  I've never understood why the first thing some people do is intentionally try to find problems with a new product?

post #665 of 686 Old 05-08-2014, 02:09 AM

I agree, MegaTech. Like I said about sparkling blacks or whatever that effect is called, from where I sit away from my tv I don't see them, I see solid black, so who cares. Let them sparkle, I say! ;-)

post #666 of 686 Old 05-08-2014, 04:50 AM

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTechPC View Post

I don't personally look for dead pixels myself as if I don't notice it in regular TV usage then its not that big of a deal.  Besides, once I know its there I'd never be able to UN-see it if you know what I mean.  I've never understood why the first thing some people do is intentionally try to find problems with a new product?
Viewing distance for us is about 10' -- I've made a concerted "don't look/don't tell" effort to not scrutinize the display from a few feet away, for the same reason. smile.gif

On the other hand, any time I buy a computer display, laptop, tablet, etc., I first take it into a closet and scan it pixel by pixel -- the logic being that I WILL be looking at that screen for hours at a time and often about a foot away, so I want to make sure it's perfect.

The important caveat here though is that I'm badly nearsighted and getting worse daily, so eventually neither strategy will matter. I won't see dead/stuck pixels on any display whether I'm looking for them or not! LOL

-Matt
post #667 of 686 Old 05-26-2014, 02:17 PM

Liked: 11

I've read through this thread and I can't figure out why the TV isn't passing through the 5.1 sound. If I start an amazon or netflix stream the 5.1 lights up for a second then turns off. Not sure what else I'd need to fiddle with on the TV so it passes the sound through correctly. 

post #668 of 686 Old 05-26-2014, 03:10 PM

I forget where I read it but I believe 5.1 sound has to be turned on in the service menu. That's all I know but that should give you some hope.

post #669 of 686 Old 05-27-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus StClair View Post

I've read through this thread and I can't figure out why the TV isn't passing through the 5.1 sound. If I start an amazon or netflix stream the 5.1 lights up for a second then turns off. Not sure what else I'd need to fiddle with on the TV so it passes the sound through correctly. 

The TV will passthrough 5.1 Dolby Digital or 5.1 DTS, but not 5.1 PCM. No modification to the service menu necessary.

The problem is that the TV's firmware contains a code called the EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) that tells devices connected to the TV what resolutions and sound configurations the TV is capable of. For whatever reason, the EDID on this display (and many other displays) tells connected devices that it is only capable of 2.0 PCM, even though it can do DD and DTS surround.

Many devices are capable of ignoring/overriding the EDID information, such as the PS3 and Xbox 360. However, it is very difficult to override it on a Windows machine (I have no idea how to get Windows to ignore it and output DD and DTS).

post #670 of 686 Old 07-27-2014, 05:58 PM

Liked: 12
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshotz3 View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by dave197nj 

Just hooked up my new blueray player watched it for a while and it worked fine! The signal from comcast and roku must be inferior and the tv is picking up the imperfections.

Hey Dave, seems I'm experiencing similar problems.  Did yours ever get better with the Comcast box?  Any suggestions for the culprit?  I just tried the netflix app and it seemed to work ok, I didn't notice the lag.  Maybe it's the HD DVR
I think it's just Comcast and the crappy refurbished boxes they give you and their signals sent out. I have had Comcast come to my apartment at least 4 or 5 times because the boxes they give you are ****. The one time they came to replace a box (dvr hard drive failed) he had to go threw 3 different ones before one actually worked and admitted they were all refurbished even though they were plastic wrap sealed. If you have a dvd and or blu-ray player and it doesn't blur/hiccup then your TV is fine. The only real solution is to change your provider to something else other then Comcast.
post #671 of 686 Old 07-31-2014, 01:13 PM

Here are my TV settings based on what I like. Hope this helps out the new LG 60PN5700 owners.

Expert 1
Panel Light: 95
Contrast: 90
Brightness: 55
H-Sharpness: 40
V-Sharpness: 30
Color: 60 (Change on your preference)
Tint: R5 (Change on your preference)
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Color Gamut: BT709
Edge Enhancer: Off (Change on your preference)
Color Filter: Off
Gamma: 2.4
Color Temp: Medium
Method: 2 points
Pattern: Outer
Noise Reduction: Off
Mpeg Noise: Off
Black Level: Low
post #672 of 686 Old 07-31-2014, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
LG 60PN5700
my only problem with this tv is, i should have bought more.i bought two at thanksgiving and love the picture.
i need one for the kitchen i have a crappy Panasonic 42"ips which sucks. light leakage big time and the apps suck and are limited and slow
post #673 of 686 Old 08-05-2014, 10:21 AM

Has anyone moved this TV since owning it??

I'm stressing out because I'm moving in 2 weeks and trying to figure out how to move this monster. I still have the original packaging, but the box was one of those ones that just slides up over the top, so I'm not even sure how that would work.

I'm thinking I'll leave the stand on (I never mounted it), and throw some blankets and pillows down in the uhaul and carry the TV out of the house as-is, then tape the original styrofoam around it and have someone (or me) be in the back to hold the TV in place.

I'm only going 2 1/2 miles and not on a highway or anything. It's a pretty straight shot from where I am so I can drive as slow as needed.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! I honestly don't care about any of the other furniture, this is the only thing bothering me about the whole move :-/
post #674 of 686 Old 08-17-2014, 05:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I used THX app on android for color calibration here what I have to share for standard settings.

User mode: standard
Panel Light: 67 (based on my room lighting)
Contrast: 87
Brightness: 64
Sharpness: 10
Color: 52
Tint: 0 (Did not mess with this one left it on default)
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Dynamic Color: Off
Super Resolution: Off
Gamma: Medium (High gives darker color if you set this to High increase the brightness)
Noise Reduction: Off
Mpeg Noise: Off
Black Level: Low

I like it so far using it with Fios TV..going to use it for a week before tweaking anything more..i have this tv since last year..waiting for 4k prices to fall ever more before upgrading to new television ..love this tv though..

Last edited by R0nan; 08-17-2014 at 05:40 AM.
post #675 of 686 Old 08-20-2014, 06:55 AM

I'm seeing a lot of pixelation with this tv. Pixelation occurs around movement, it doesn't have to be fast action, just any type of movement. I notice it streaming netflix and amazon, but also when I play DVDs. Bought it April 2014 and it always had some pixelation, I just thought it had to be broken in.Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
post #676 of 686 Old 08-21-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonikbo0m View Post
I'm seeing a lot of pixelation with this tv. Pixelation occurs around movement, it doesn't have to be fast action, just any type of movement. I notice it streaming netflix and amazon, but also when I play DVDs. Bought it April 2014 and it always had some pixelation, I just thought it had to be broken in.Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
have you tried changing the HDMI cable..cable might be an issue..unplug the cable and plug it back in..if this does not work try replacing the cable..i see some pixelation when motion is set to very high..try setting it to smooth or clear see if that fixes the issue..
post #677 of 686 Old 08-21-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonikbo0m View Post
this is not normal to see pixelation on most video source's.
you could be experiencing some sort of ac line noise or problems with the tv itself
is the wiring in your home older eg lower amperage/no ground?
do you have to many pieces of equipment on one circuit?
post #678 of 686 Old 08-31-2014, 12:26 PM

my new LG 60PB6900 plasma has some problems

i haven't had it three days and it looks terrible.
any time there is a white background image you see different color blotch's mostly red-ish and slight green .it reminds me of a magnetized picture tube.
its hard to capture on my cell phone but here's what it looks
i have had good luck with my other lg plasma tv's so i thought i would step up to 3d
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140831_021402[1].jpg
Views:	30
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	238921   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140831_142257[1].jpg
Views:	33
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	238929   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140831_143701[1].jpg
Views:	31
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	238937  
post #679 of 686 Old 09-02-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambou812 View Post
i haven't had it three days and it looks terrible.
any time there is a white background image you see different color blotch's mostly red-ish and slight green .it reminds me of a magnetized picture tube.
its hard to capture on my cell phone but here's what it looks
i have had good luck with my other lg plasma tv's so i thought i would step up to 3d

yep.

have had this TV for just over a year. grabbed it for $699 last august and was pretty happy.

these days, image retention seems to be a real problem. it is on m-f for ~8 hours and the 2 channels it is one during that time have their logos visible on the screen at all time. not a real big deal, since they are only noticeable on light color and white backgrounds. however, white backgrounds also produce what this poster noticed.

over the weekend, though, we attached a pc to this television via hdmi2 to display some images. we were shocked when we immediately noticed after an image had been on screen for ~1 minute and we would switch to the next, lines from the previous were clearly visible.

there have been 2 updates in the past few weeks and it almost seems as if the image retention has gotten worse since.

when you are watching full color HD, the TV still has an outstanding picture. whenever you view something with a white (or light colored) background, all these imperfections and image retention spots steal the show.

it is clear this is the first and LAST plasma we will own. Will use this one until it dies (or screen becomes unbearable) and get another LED.

Last edited by empiretc; 09-07-2014 at 05:38 PM.
post #680 of 686 Old 09-02-2014, 11:00 AM

i gave $849.00 bought through an amazon seller beach camera,
fry's Indiana had it for 699 +tax but it was a two hour drive one way and the only vehicle i had large enough to haul it was my pick up and it was supposed to rain that week.
i should have refused it when i noticed there were no g sensors on the box but i didn't like a dummy.
i ran the break in dvd i downloaded and it cleared up most of the white cloudiness but the red blotchy or pink mist as my wife calls it, is still there alittle on the left and allot more on the right.
when the set is cold its barely noticeable once its warm it gets bad during gray and white scenes.
learning to fly blue ray hits it hard you can see both red-ish and green-ish areas in the snow.
what gets me is the same video looks perfect on my 5700's 599 at micro center.
post #681 of 686 Old 09-03-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
what gets me is the same video looks perfect on my 5700's 599 at micro center.

yeah, a buddy was thoroughly impressed with ours and ran out and bought one for $599 at micro center

his looks like chit! he tried using the same exact setting as us, and it did not help. the picture blurs during movement- bad.

he tried to return it, and they denied it since it was a clearance item.

guess this set truly is luck of the draw.
post #682 of 686 Old 09-05-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by empiretc View Post
yeah, a buddy was thoroughly impressed with ours and ran out and bought one for $599 at micro center

his looks like chit! he tried using the same exact setting as us, and it did not help. the picture blurs during movement- bad.

he tried to return it, and they denied it since it was a clearance item.

guess this set truly is luck of the draw.
i like most things about the 6900 but it seems as if they have the red driving way to hot so you see alot of pink colored white which gives me a headache after an extended period of viewing.
i am sending it back,because i know it will cause me more grief in the future.
post #683 of 686 Old 09-07-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
i like most things about the 6900 but it seems as if they have the red driving way to hot so you see alot of pink colored white which gives me a headache after an extended period of viewing.
i am sending it back,because i know it will cause me more grief in the future.

it is a good idea to do so if you can. advised buddy to do the same, but he has not made up his mind yet.

we have had ours for over a year, so we are in it for the long haul now.

football still looks good, so it's not too bad, lol.
post #684 of 686 Old 09-17-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by empiretc View Post
it is a good idea to do so if you can. advised buddy to do the same, but he has not made up his mind yet.

we have had ours for over a year, so we are in it for the long haul now.

football still looks good, so it's not too bad, lol.
for what i pay'd for pb6900 i couldn't keep it it just it bugged the crap out of me.
i ordered another one from abi but undoubtedly they didn't have it in stock because a week after they got the cash and no emails or tracking shipping info ect i shot off an email stating if they didn't actually have one in stock then give me a refund .
well i guess they don't because they sent me a reply saying i'm going to get a refund go figure.

so now i am on the hunt for another one lol
post #685 of 686 Old 09-19-2014, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
for what i pay'd for pb6900 i couldn't keep it it just it bugged the crap out of me.
i ordered another one from abi but undoubtedly they didn't have it in stock because a week after they got the cash and no emails or tracking shipping info ect i shot off an email stating if they didn't actually have one in stock then give me a refund .
well i guess they don't because they sent me a reply saying i'm going to get a refund go figure.

so now i am on the hunt for another one lol
Bought a 5700 in may and was blown away by the pq, but the tv had some issues like audio synch, buffering and certain content had a dim overcast look. I returned the set before the 30 day return policy was up, and exchanged it for a samsung pn60f5300. The sammy while brighter can't match the beautiful picture of the 5700. I was seriously looking to sell this p.o.s. and pick up a 6900, but your posts have me a little concerned.
post #686 of 686 Old 09-20-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonkennedy View Post
Bought a 5700 in may and was blown away by the pq, but the tv had some issues like audio synch, buffering and certain content had a dim overcast look. I returned the set before the 30 day return policy was up, and exchanged it for a samsung pn60f5300. The sammy while brighter can't match the beautiful picture of the 5700. I was seriously looking to sell this p.o.s. and pick up a 6900, but your posts have me a little concerned.
your best bet, is to try and find a local store .that way if you have a problem returns are less of a hassle ..
the 6900 i had did have decent brightness if configured right the color was very good maybe a little overdone but corrected nicely i really wanted to keep the tv but lg takes to long to diagnose/repair/replace that being said when you get a good one its a very good value for the money

i spoke with abi (which hasn't sent my refund yet) through their web sight chat app and asked whether they had any in stock and they said its on back order two to three weeks.so if i would have let the order stand i would have been waiting a month or more.
i'm still looking for one when or if i get a good one i'll right a full review on it.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 60 Inch Plasma 60pa550c
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page