OFFICIAL LG 60PN5700 60" Class Thread - Page 23 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #661 of 669 Old 05-07-2014, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17

From what I've seen in the 60PN5000 thread, contact LG first. Their response will be anywhere from telling you one pixel is an acceptable imperfection, to sending out a licensed tech to replace your panel. As the owner of the slightly inferior 5000 I don't have any dead pixels, so it's not something you should have to settle for. Like I said, contact LG first, they may save you the hassle of packing and lugging this heavy set back to the store.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 669 Old 05-07-2014, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

contacted them right before i posted here. they said they can only send a tech out when there is 1 dead bright pixel or 4 dead subpixels within 1 year of purchase.

Im just wondering anyone here got the same issue as i am or having any dead pixels on their set since their purchased.

post #663 of 669 Old 05-07-2014, 12:34 PM

See at the top of the page where it says "OFFICIAL LG 60PN5700 60" Class Thread - Page 23"? Just below it is a link to search this specific thread. Do a search for dead pixel or dead sub-pixel or whatever you want to search for. If anyone else mentioned those terms in this thread you'll find them.

post #664 of 669 Old 05-07-2014, 07:46 PM

I don't personally look for dead pixels myself as if I don't notice it in regular TV usage then its not that big of a deal.  Besides, once I know its there I'd never be able to UN-see it if you know what I mean.  I've never understood why the first thing some people do is intentionally try to find problems with a new product?

post #665 of 669 Old 05-08-2014, 02:09 AM

I agree, MegaTech. Like I said about sparkling blacks or whatever that effect is called, from where I sit away from my tv I don't see them, I see solid black, so who cares. Let them sparkle, I say! ;-)

post #666 of 669 Old 05-08-2014, 04:50 AM

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTechPC View Post

I don't personally look for dead pixels myself as if I don't notice it in regular TV usage then its not that big of a deal.  Besides, once I know its there I'd never be able to UN-see it if you know what I mean.  I've never understood why the first thing some people do is intentionally try to find problems with a new product?
Viewing distance for us is about 10' -- I've made a concerted "don't look/don't tell" effort to not scrutinize the display from a few feet away, for the same reason. smile.gif

On the other hand, any time I buy a computer display, laptop, tablet, etc., I first take it into a closet and scan it pixel by pixel -- the logic being that I WILL be looking at that screen for hours at a time and often about a foot away, so I want to make sure it's perfect.

The important caveat here though is that I'm badly nearsighted and getting worse daily, so eventually neither strategy will matter. I won't see dead/stuck pixels on any display whether I'm looking for them or not! LOL

-Matt
post #667 of 669 Old 05-26-2014, 02:17 PM

Liked: 11

I've read through this thread and I can't figure out why the TV isn't passing through the 5.1 sound. If I start an amazon or netflix stream the 5.1 lights up for a second then turns off. Not sure what else I'd need to fiddle with on the TV so it passes the sound through correctly. 

post #668 of 669 Old 05-26-2014, 03:10 PM

I forget where I read it but I believe 5.1 sound has to be turned on in the service menu. That's all I know but that should give you some hope.

post #669 of 669 Old 05-27-2014, 05:20 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus StClair View Post

I've read through this thread and I can't figure out why the TV isn't passing through the 5.1 sound. If I start an amazon or netflix stream the 5.1 lights up for a second then turns off. Not sure what else I'd need to fiddle with on the TV so it passes the sound through correctly. 

The TV will passthrough 5.1 Dolby Digital or 5.1 DTS, but not 5.1 PCM. No modification to the service menu necessary.

The problem is that the TV's firmware contains a code called the EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) that tells devices connected to the TV what resolutions and sound configurations the TV is capable of. For whatever reason, the EDID on this display (and many other displays) tells connected devices that it is only capable of 2.0 PCM, even though it can do DD and DTS surround.

Many devices are capable of ignoring/overriding the EDID information, such as the PS3 and Xbox 360. However, it is very difficult to override it on a Windows machine (I have no idea how to get Windows to ignore it and output DD and DTS).

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 60 Inch Plasma 60pa550c
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page