OFFICIAL LG 60PN5700 60" Class Thread - Page 24 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #691 of 700 Old 07-10-2015, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by empiretc View Post
yep.

have had this TV for just over a year. grabbed it for $699 last august and was pretty happy.

these days, image retention seems to be a real problem. it is on m-f for ~8 hours and the 2 channels it is one during that time have their logos visible on the screen at all time. not a real big deal, since they are only noticeable on light color and white backgrounds. however, white backgrounds also produce what this poster noticed.

over the weekend, though, we attached a pc to this television via hdmi2 to display some images. we were shocked when we immediately noticed after an image had been on screen for ~1 minute and we would switch to the next, lines from the previous were clearly visible.

there have been 2 updates in the past few weeks and it almost seems as if the image retention has gotten worse since.

when you are watching full color HD, the TV still has an outstanding picture. whenever you view something with a white (or light colored) background, all these imperfections and image retention spots steal the show.

it is clear this is the first and LAST plasma we will own. Will use this one until it dies (or screen becomes unbearable) and get another LED.

We have had the TV for ~ 1.5 years and I have noticed the same thing. For me its a white grid that has 3 vertical lines and 2 horizontal lines. Did you ever figure out the issue with yours?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 700 Old 08-03-2015, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Blue Smart key on factory remote FAIL...

OK, all of a sudden the BLUE Smart key on my remote does not access the apps ?? Instead, I get a pop up window across the to of the screen letting me know I'm getting a 1080p signal, and the litttle red home icon appears..
Have tried powering down, removing the HDMI from the cable box (verizon fios), disconnecting the cable from the modem, and cursing.. But nothing has worked so far.. Nor have I been able to find any work thru's via google or you tube.. Surely I'm not the 1st with this issue? Help ? And thanks...
post #693 of 700 Old 08-04-2015, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Look View Post
OK, all of a sudden the BLUE Smart key on my remote does not access the apps ?? Instead, I get a pop up window across the to of the screen letting me know I'm getting a 1080p signal, and the litttle red home icon appears..
Have tried powering down, removing the HDMI from the cable box (verizon fios), disconnecting the cable from the modem, and cursing.. But nothing has worked so far.. Nor have I been able to find any work thru's via google or you tube.. Surely I'm not the 1st with this issue? Help ? And thanks...
Could you snap a pic of what your seeing when you press the blue button?
what happens if you press the my apps button to the right of the blue button?
i assume you have the standard remote and not a magic remote?
at this point it seems as if you have a damaged remote.
post #694 of 700 Old 08-04-2015, 06:32 PM

What I get is the image across the top of the screen:

HDMI1 16:9 1080i 60Hz (pink tv) On Now

Aside from that, all the other functions on the controller seem to be functioning...
What do you think ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P8041258.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	274.7 KB
ID:	869322  

Last edited by No Look; 08-04-2015 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Cut my comments down..
post #695 of 700 Old 08-05-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Look View Post
What I get is the image across the top of the screen:

HDMI1 16:9 1080i 60Hz (pink tv) On Now

Aside from that, all the other functions on the controller seem to be functioning...
What do you think ?
you may have a damaged remote.
if you can use the my apps function button and all works well,than its a remote mapping error .
did you use simplink to set up that input?i have seen remote mapping errors using simplink and magic remote but doing an initialization of the system app usually clears that up.
also its a good idea to keep the firmware updated.

my kids once spilled mountain dew on one of my ht remotes and cleaned it off so dad wouldn't know.
but the stuff got between the graphite pad and circuit board and corroded the contacts.
i used liquid flux cleaner to repair it.
post #696 of 700 Old 11-03-2015, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anyone else just get an OTA update?
I wonder what this will do
post #697 of 700 Old 11-03-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerfish View Post
Anyone else just get an OTA update?
I wonder what this will do
not me i'm @ software version 05.04.03 been there since august.
i know lg is killing there cloud service ,but i haven't seen anything new.
post #698 of 700 Old 11-04-2015, 12:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambou812 View Post
not me i'm @ software version 05.04.03 been there since august.
i know lg is killing there cloud service ,but i haven't seen anything new.
I saw the notice about the cloud service, but I was hoping it was just for the 3D TV sets, not ours -- as the notice specifically mentioned 3D service. I thought perhaps it was only actual 3D apps (if any) that were going away, as 3D TV is now passe.

I know our plasmas are not 3D capable, but for some reason we share the same "3D Cinema" apps software. Yet, I was hoping stuff like Pandora and YouTube would stay. It's a pain to fire up the Blu-Ray just for a couple of apps when it's already built into the TV.

Do you think LG will replace the 3D Cinema software with some other apps software in an update?

Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.

Last edited by ChazzMatt; 11-04-2015 at 12:58 AM.
post #699 of 700 Old 11-04-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
I saw the notice about the cloud service, but I was hoping it was just for the 3D TV sets, not ours -- as the notice specifically mentioned 3D service. I thought perhaps it was only actual 3D apps (if any) that were going away, as 3D TV is now passe.

I know our plasmas are not 3D capable, but for some reason we share the same "3D Cinema" apps software. Yet, I was hoping stuff like Pandora and YouTube would stay. It's a pain to fire up the Blu-Ray just for a couple of apps when it's already built into the TV.

Do you think LG will replace the 3D Cinema software with some other apps software in an update?
i was referring to the lg cloud back up file service.
as far as 3d world, i just noticed the removal notification last night .
i doubt we'll get any new apps.
i have always liked this interface a whole lot better than the newer web os version.
i have a 2015 vizio 65" led so called smart tv. its yahoo interface is terrible and slow. they try'd to do an ota update, and it caused the tv to endlessly loop the update you couldn't even watch the thing. i had to disconnect the Ethernet cable then it try'd to connect to my wireless router which it couldn't because its password protected i was finally able to reset to defaults and lose all my calibration settings.
just another reason i love my lg.
post #700 of 700 Old 04-24-2016, 08:08 PM

Alllllrighty then...

Will this model support HBO NOW ?

PS: As for the controller issues I asked about last year, I gave up.. Still unable to access the menu via the blue smart home key.. Just use my iphone app now..

Last edited by No Look; 04-25-2016 at 09:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 60 Inch Plasma 60pa550c

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page