Samsung PN60F5300 calibration settings? - Page 55 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 253Likes

post #1621 of 1631 Old 05-03-2017, 10:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Horizontal Line: I have seen an occasional thin horizontal line at the bottom of my TV...about 1/2" thick...it's a red/blue artifact going from left-to-right....the middle of the screen seems a bit distorted too but it's not as noticeable.

For some reason, it is NOT on every channel...changing the channel you see a perfect image.

Could this be the X- or Y-video boards or something like that ? Or maybe just a "handoff" issue between the cable box, HDMI cord, and my 5300 ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1631 Old 05-03-2017, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipsPhanatic View Post
Horizontal Line: I have seen an occasional thin horizontal line at the bottom of my TV...about 1/2" thick...it's a red/blue artifact going from left-to-right....the middle of the screen seems a bit distorted too but it's not as noticeable.

For some reason, it is NOT on every channel...changing the channel you see a perfect image.

Could this be the X- or Y-video boards or something like that ? Or maybe just a "handoff" issue between the cable box, HDMI cord, and my 5300 ?
If you change the aspect ratio to zoom, etc - does it go away? If so, it is the source.
post #1623 of 1631 Old 07-18-2017, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Service Menu Code: Can someone give me the service menu code to enter the SM ? Forgot the code or where I wrote it down....

post #1624 of 1631 Old 07-18-2017, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1804 Post(s)
Liked: 1417
With the set OFF.
MUTE - 1 - 8 - 2 - power
Michael
PhilipsPhanatic likes this.

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
Downloadable FREE demo discs: Demonstration Blu-Ray Discs (Independently Authored)
Welcome to AVS - Get out while you still can!
Don't guess, measure: Getting Started With REW: A Step-by-Step Guide
post #1625 of 1631 Old 07-18-2017, 06:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post
With the set OFF. MUTE - 1 - 8 - 2 - power Michael
Thanks Michael....but where that MTB code or whatever that has the Hours of Operation ?
post #1626 of 1631 Old 07-18-2017, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1804 Post(s)
Liked: 1417
For that you can use MUTE - 7 - 3 - 7 - enter
and it's MRT.
That one, at least, doesn't reset everything to default.
I did notice the hours were slightly different there and in another menu (sorry, don't remember where), but it wasn't by much.
Michael

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
Downloadable FREE demo discs: Demonstration Blu-Ray Discs (Independently Authored)
Welcome to AVS - Get out while you still can!
Don't guess, measure: Getting Started With REW: A Step-by-Step Guide
post #1627 of 1631 Old 07-18-2017, 07:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post
For that you can use MUTE - 7 - 3 - 7 - enter and it's MRT.That one, at least, doesn't reset everything to default.I did notice the hours were slightly different there and in another menu (sorry, don't remember where), but it wasn't by much.
Michael
Damn, I wish I had seen this first ...all my picture settings appear to have gone back to the Factory Default.

Good thing I have my pre-sets on this forum a few pages back. Hope nothing else was re-set that can screw up the 5300.
post #1628 of 1631 Old 07-19-2017, 09:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Damn, I wish I had seen this first ...all my picture settings appear to have gone back to the Factory Default.

Good thing I have my pre-sets on this forum a few pages back. Hope nothing else was re-set that can screw up the 5300.
Related question: IF the main board is replaced, does that make any service cal/settings (copied) invalid if you re-enter them? Or is that only true for a display unit replacement?

i loose my HDMI inputs when the TV is power cycled. If I remove the AC plug and plug it in again, HDMI ports work. I am even using an $11 remote AC switch before I turn my system on again. Although I don't think power-cycling the display this way is the best thing to do.

Samsung PN51F8500, Emotiva MC-700, Outlaw Audio 5000, Xbox One S, Dali Ikon 6, Vokal 2, OnWall, Outlalw LMF-EX, Furman Elite pf15i.
post #1629 of 1631 Old 09-24-2017, 08:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Vincent Praino View Post
If you change the aspect ratio to zoom, etc - does it go away? If so, it is the source.
Sorry for the delay getting back to you MVP, must have missed your response.....

When I change the Aspect Ratio, it seems to "discombulate" the interference. With 16:9 and Zoom, it appears as larger blocks like maybe 6" x 8" close to the middle of the screen...when I cycle through and get to 4:3, the ENTIRE screen gets red and blue static.

Also, on 16:9 and Zoom sometimes there is NO color distortion blocks. Totally fine. But it is always on the SCREEN FIT (horizontal ribbon at bottom of TV) and 4:3 (entire screen)rd

So, to answer your question, it does "go away" from a straight horizontal line at the bottom of the TV that is about 1" wide if not a bit less.

FWIW, when I went up quickly 1 channel, that channel did not have the horizontal 1" static bar. Going back down 1 channel, it re-appeared.

Appears to be the channel in conjunction with my cable box or one of those weird "handoff" issues." So it doesn't appear to be the TV's ability to process the signal, unless it simply can't process it on 1 or a few channels, but not all. Blu-Ray looks fine, On-Demand looks fine, channels a few up or down from the problem channel (CNN) look fine, too.

Have had it for over a year now I think, I'm not gonna worry.

Last edited by PhilipsPhanatic; 09-24-2017 at 08:11 PM.
post #1630 of 1631 Old 09-24-2017, 08:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoaddikt View Post
Related question: IF the main board is replaced, does that make any service cal/settings (copied) invalid if you re-enter them? Or is that only true for a display unit replacement?
Good question, not sure. Just write down all your settings....put them in your smartphone or post them here.

Quote:
i loose my HDMI inputs when the TV is power cycled. If I remove the AC plug and plug it in again, HDMI ports work. I am even using an $11 remote AC switch before I turn my system on again. Although I don't think power-cycling the display this way is the best thing to do.
Not my area of expertise, what do you mean "when the TV is power-cycled" ?
post #1631 of 1631 Old 09-25-2017, 06:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Good question, not sure. Just write down all your settings....put them in your smartphone or post them here.

Of course, I have my settings written down. But if I replaced the board the same settings may not be valid.That's another issue, I am not replacing the board at this time. Sorry I was not more clear.

Not my area of expertise, what do you mean "when the TV is power-cycled" ?
Yes, when the TV power is cycled. That is no longer that case though. I use a Logitech Elite remote, and played around with delaying when the TV is powered up in relation to when the HDMI signal is applied to the HDMI input of the TV.
That seemed to solve the issue for now. Now when I turn on my system, I get a No HDMI Input message for about 2 seconds, then the picture appears. It has been running that way for several weeks now, so I have no intention of replacing the board in the near future anyway.

As far as "writing down the settings.." one should always do that, but if you change out the main board those settings my no longer be valid. Although I do not know that for fact or by experience.

Samsung PN51F8500, Emotiva MC-700, Outlaw Audio 5000, Xbox One S, Dali Ikon 6, Vokal 2, OnWall, Outlalw LMF-EX, Furman Elite pf15i.

Last edited by videoaddikt; Yesterday at 08:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn60f5300 60 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page