Problems / Issues with Panasonic ST60 -- picture doesn't fill screen, Just and Full settings switched? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-10-2013, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got my Panasonic ST-60 a week ago, and the picture is incredible, but I'm having a couple small issues. First, I've noticed that the picture doesn't fill up the whole screen. This is regardless of which picture mode I use (Just, Full, Zoom, etc.) and regardless of overscan. Basically, when I look closely at the screen, there is an approximately 1 cm part of the screen on both sides and on the top and bottom that is black (i.e., non-functional and not displaying the picture). Of course, I am referring to the glass screen, not the surrounding bezel.

Have others noticed this? Or can you confirm that it's not just me?

The other issue I'm having is that, when I hook my TV up to my laptop, I have to set the format to "Full" for the TV to display the picture without overscan, even though the resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 and I have overscan turned off. This is confusing to me because "Just" is supposed to display the picture pixel for pixel, but clearly it isn't doing this, because with the Just setting I have about 15% overscan (i.e. that much of the picture is off the screen), which can only be fixed by using the underscan option in my graphics control panel. By the way, this holds true across two laptops with different graphics processors.

What's even stranger about this to me is that there is an option in the TV settings (Picture -- Screen Settings -- Zoom adjustment) to affect the vertical extension of the screen ONLY with the "Zoom" OR "Just" picture modes. It says that it only affects the zoom and just pictures modes right in the settings, and in fact, the option for zoom adjustment is grayed out unless you are in "Just" or "Zoom" mode. What I can't understand is why there would be a setting like this that would affect "Just" and not the other pictures modes, since "Just" is there supposedly to get you an exact pixel for pixel duplicate of your source image. Does anyone understand why this is the case? Has anyone had a different experience when hooking up their laptop or computer to the TV?

P.S. I have firmware version 2.685, not 2.684. Should I downgrade?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-10-2013, 01:49 PM

Liked: 11
I've had my Panny 55ST60 for a few weeks now and I am definitely not experiencing this issue, whether it's from my satellite tuner/DVR, Blu-ray player, media player or streaming video from the sets own apps. If you're playing downloaded video that may be using unusual resolutions, the issue may be in the encoding. For more conventional inputs, you really should not be experiencing this. You may want to consider taking the unit back.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-10-2013, 01:52 PM

Liked: 11
Sorry, I glanced over your original post and completely failed to notice this was from a PC. Are you sure you've got the resolution of the video card set to 1920 x 1080? I haven't tried hooking a PC up to this set yet. I tried with a Toshiba LCD TV a while back and found I had to fuss with the resolution a bit to get the picture right but my issue was that the video output went WAY past the edges of the screen.
post #4 of 5 Old 06-10-2013, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
JerryElbow that's exactly what happened to me with my laptop hooked up under "Just" -- the video output went way past the edges of the screen.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-10-2013, 04:30 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 22
Sounds to me like its the video card that needs to be adjusted. What kind do you have?

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page