Just purchased P50ST60. Having a few problems... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-11-2013, 01:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone. This is my first post so I apologize in advance if I am posting this in the wrong thread. I just got done doing the 100hr slides and have d-nices setting on. WOW, its amazing. The picture quality is outstanding to say the least. Now to my possible problems. I have my bluray player and my 360 going through my reciever(denon 1513) and from there going to the tv. Now on any input except 2 the picture goes in and out every couple seconds for some reason. Doesnt do this with the 360. I tried it on input 2 and it works as far as no more going in and out. But It seems that every so often, if I shut my bluray player off and turn it back on, the tv will not detect the signal from the reciever unless I unplug the hdmi from the tv a few times and then it works. Until the next time, then I do it all over again. The 360 works perfectly fine everytime. Is there a problem with the tv? I replaced a lg 42 led tv that never had this problem with the same reciever but now am encountering this problem with the panasonic. If I have to go through this ordeal everytime to watch a bluray(it works fine if I connect bluray player directly to tv) then I might just go back to an lg since I never had a problem. Anyone else encounter this problem? Should I have a replacement sent to me? Thanks in advance for any help. Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-26-2013, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The fact that your previous TV had no problems like this could easily indicate a problem with the TV, but before I exchanged it, I think I'd borrow another BluRay player from a friend and see if you get a similar result. You might also try different HDMI cables.

With these technologies, odd incompatibilities can easily crop up.

You didn't mention the model of your Bluray player or its age.

Anyway - before sending the TV back for an exchange, I'd say you're on the right track with your troubleshooting, but you haven't quite carried it far enough to conclusively convict your TV.

It would be a real drag to replace the TV only to discover that an HDMI cable was the culprit.

So, think like Sherlock Holmes, test carefully and write down what you tested and the results so you don't get confused.

One last note: A friend's Philips LCD started having a problem with the TV recognizing the BluRay player on occasion. It became more frequent until one day, the TV no longer recognized the BluRay player on any HDMI input and then a few weeks later the TV died. The point is that something is going on and you need to get to the bottom of it before the exchange period on your TV has passed.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page