Which TV is right for me? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 06-11-2013, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking on the forums here for quite a while now and decided to take the plunge and post my dilemma.

Basically, I need a new TV. I've always gone with Plasma in the past and would like to continue to do so. I mainly stream my movies or watch BR movies - very little actual TV and no cable. I do game a lot though, I'd say 50% of my TV time is gaming these days.

So I'm looking for a TV that essentially ticks the following boxes:

Plasma
Min Size 50" Max Size 65"
3D

I'd like to keep the price below $2,500 if possible.

I was considering the Panasonic ST60 but the input lag issue has made me take a very long pause on that one. I have no idea about the offerings from Samsung or LG. I've looked online and through these forums but have not really been able to come up with a short list that I'm happy with. If worst came to worst I'd be open to the idea of a LCD/LED screen but would prefer to stay with Plasma if at all possible.

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 36
Get the VT60. Has good input lag and great Picture
post #3 of 7 Old 06-12-2013, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the input. I was looking at the VT60 series but the price is significantly higher than what I was looking to pay (at least here in Canada).
post #4 of 7 Old 06-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Don't know where in Canada you are, but if there is a Visions Electronics there, you can get the 55vt60 under you price with some haggling.

post #5 of 7 Old 06-12-2013, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Hi RodK, thanks for the reply. I'm in Halifax, I can see the Visions site has the 55VT60 on sale at $2,698.00. It cannot hurt for me to call and see what else they can do though.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-12-2013, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkPfeiffer View Post

Thanks for the input. I was looking at the VT60 series but the price is significantly higher than what I was looking to pay (at least here in Canada).

If you can't afford the VT and are concerned with the input lag on the ST60 than checkout the S60, has input lag of 34.1 ms I believe and has really good pic quality. The only thing it's not 3D and is super cheap. Or better yet if you can find a GT50 , it has everything you need and has even better input lag of 30ms input lag and has 3D and bells and whistles. I don't know where in Canada you are but my neighbourhood Visions electronics has a GT50 60" for just under 2 grand. Just a suggestion.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #7 of 7 Old 06-12-2013, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Ah I'd not thought about the GT50 - sounds like a very good option though, thanks very much.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page