Panasonic TC-P50S60 advice (PS3) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-11-2013, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all!

Just recently purchased the S60 (the 50 inch) and have set it up in my room. I went with plasma due to my bedroom being in my basement and having the proper lighting situation for the TV to thrive (I have my blinds closed 99% of the time). I also bought it for use primarily with my PS3 and eventually for the PS4.

I have fiddled with TV picture settings before but am ignorant for the most part (definitely not a video-phile). I have gone with these settings for my TV:

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19410_102-591233/panasonic-tc-p50s60-picture-settings/

I noticed when I first hooked up my PS3 to the TV through HDMI that the screen would flicker a lot and there was a "snowy" effect. At 720p it was fine. I looked it up and turned off the 'deep color' setting on the PS3 as suggested and it seemed to solve the problem. However, I still have noticed the screen flicker occasionally when playing games and it is concerning me.

My PS3 settings are as follows (except that deep colour is off of course):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ngvnnMPbDg

I would like to know what settings would be best for the picture and what is causing the occasional flicker effect!

Thanks and I look forward to learning from all of you! smile.gif

P.S. How games look are more important to me than blu rays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2013, 04:13 PM

Liked: 12
Flicker and snowy effect aren't normal. First thing I would check is swap out the hdmi cable and see if its that. I don't know what else to try for that problem.

I can suggest something for ps3 settings that I've figured out after fiddling with tv/ps3 for a couple days. Set RGB full range to full on ps3, also go on the tv go to picture-advanced picture-hdmi/dvi rgb range and set whatever hdmi the ps3 is on to nonstandard. It makes games look better and increases the range of black to see blacker than black on blu ray.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks for the prompt reply! I will definitely try those settings when I get home. smile.gif

The flickering was like this by the way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CVIPttw1xc

Tags
Panasonic Tc P50s60 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv