Internet Audio on the TC-P65VT50 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 06-12-2013, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
When I first got my Panasonic TC-P65VT50 I had it connected to my cable box and used the TV's built in speakers. I was able to access the internet like Pandora and YouTube and was able to hear sounds through my TV Speakers. Now I just recently purchased a 7.1 receiver and I'm using the HDMI ARC channels and now I have my cable box connected to my receiver instead of my TV. What puzzles me is the ARC should allow Audio to output from the TV to the Receiver but it doesn't while using the internet. I see that the TV has only one Optical output port on it but that still doesn't output any audio to my receiver when on the internet and all it's applications. Does anyone have similar issues? Please let me know if this can be resolved or not. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-12-2013, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarjohn47 View Post

When I first got my Panasonic TC-P65VT50 I had it connected to my cable box and used the TV's built in speakers. I was able to access the internet like Pandora and YouTube and was able to hear sounds through my TV Speakers. Now I just recently purchased a 7.1 receiver and I'm using the HDMI ARC channels and now I have my cable box connected to my receiver instead of my TV. What puzzles me is the ARC should allow Audio to output from the TV to the Receiver but it doesn't while using the internet. I see that the TV has only one Optical output port on it but that still doesn't output any audio to my receiver when on the internet and all it's applications. Does anyone have similar issues? Please let me know if this can be resolved or not. Thanks.

You have 2 hdmi inputs one for the cable box and one for the tvs arc enabled hdmi port ?

When I used arc my wiring was:

STB > HDMI > TV
TV > HDMI(arc) > Reciever

Got sound from both Cablebox and internal apps thru reciever

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #3 of 7 Old 06-12-2013, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for responding back so quickly. I'm using a HDMI from my cable box output to my Input HDMI on my receiver. So all cable content whether it be audio or video will first go to the receiver so the receiver will output the audio to my surround speakers and my video to my TV. I just have one HDMI ARC output cable going from my receiver to my TV's HDMI ARC Input and have my receiver set for 'through' so any video from my DVD Burner and BD will be processed in those devices and not to let the receiver do any video processing. I can hear internet audio from my receivers apps. and BD apps. but not through my TV's apps. unless I turn on the TV's speakers. I hope this helps.
post #4 of 7 Old 06-12-2013, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 494
Quote:

Thanks for responding back so quickly. I'm using a HDMI from my cable box output to my Input HDMI on my receiver. So all cable content whether it be audio or video will first go to the receiver so the receiver will output the audio to my surround speakers and my video to my TV. I just have one HDMI ARC output cable going from my receiver to my TV's HDMI ARC Input and have my receiver set for 'through' so any video from my DVD Burner and BD will be processed in those devices and not to let the receiver do any video processing. I can hear internet audio from my receivers apps. and BD apps. but not through my TV's apps. unless I turn on the TV's speakers. I hope this helps.

Is there an arc setting on your reciever ? Assuming your reciever is arc compatible ? Sorry if that sounds like a dumb question

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #5 of 7 Old 06-12-2013, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:

Try this first, have everything connected HDMI to receiver than output HDMI to TV HDMI arc input 2. Now go to TV settings- Menu-setup-viera link settings-default speakers- and choose Theater. Than I don't know what receiver you have but on my onkyo I just enable ARC and it works.

Other option is optical which should work also. Optical to receiver.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50 Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28's Center Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3, Receiver - Onkyo RC-360 HTPC- Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #6 of 7 Old 06-12-2013, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

I believe that no question is dumb on AVS. AVS is a place where we can hopefully find answers to most of our A/V problems.

Yes, my receiver has ARC.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-12-2013, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

I have an Integra DHC-80.3. I have my cable box HDMI connected to my pre-amp's cbl/tv HDMI input. I then have my pre-amp's TV HDMI ARC output connected to my TV's HDMI ARC Input. I do have ARC turned on on my TV and pre-amp, but I'm going to go check on this now.l

So your saying with this setting, you can hit your TV's internet button, choose an app. and be able to hear audio through the speakers connected to your receiver?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page