GT 50, ST 60, VT 50, VT 60 or F8500. Finally put the money down! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 06-14-2013, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After a few years of reviews on Panasonic plasmas and going back and forth on all my different options I put my money down on a beautiful TV this weekend.

I think I would have been happy with any of these TV's but in the end I decided to go with the Panasonic VT60 60 inch.

The 60 inch GT50 is a great TV but I could not justify spending that when the ST60 65 inch was the same price so that canceled out the GT50.

Next was basically will the ST60 keep me happy or do I need to spend a little more.
This decision came down to the input lag, I’m a big fan of FPS games and having friends over to play a lot so that made me nervous. This also eliminated the F8500 for me as that TV lags even more than the ST60

The TV will also be in a room with large windows and get some light during the day. The VT seems to handle reflections better with the additional filter so that helped my decision.

I had a very hard time deciding between a 65inch VT50 and the 60 inch VT60 at the same price. I finally decided to go with the new technology as they dropped the TV below their cost if I got warranty. I figured it was worth it so I dropped 3200 all in with taxes and warranty.

I figure this will be the last expensive TV I will buy before I’m married so better make it a good one!

I will be picking it up on the weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-14-2013, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpmanballerz View Post

After a few years of reviews on Panasonic plasmas and going back and forth on all my different options I put my money down on a beautiful TV this weekend.

I think I would have been happy with any of these TV's but in the end I decided to go with the Panasonic VT60 60 inch.

The 60 inch GT50 is a great TV but I could not justify spending that when the ST60 65 inch was the same price so that canceled out the GT50.

Next was basically will the ST60 keep me happy or do I need to spend a little more.
This decision came down to the input lag, I’m a big fan of FPS games and having friends over to play a lot so that made me nervous. This also eliminated the F8500 for me as that TV lags even more than the ST60

The TV will also be in a room with large windows and get some light during the day. The VT seems to handle reflections better with the additional filter so that helped my decision.

I had a very hard time deciding between a 65inch VT50 and the 60 inch VT60 at the same price. I finally decided to go with the new technology as they dropped the TV below their cost if I got warranty. I figured it was worth it so I dropped 3200 all in with taxes and warranty.

I figure this will be the last expensive TV I will buy before I’m married so better make it a good one!

Congrats on the VT60 , you made a good choice. I bought my GT50 last year and I'm still wowed with the performance and picture quality. Panasonic Plasma is a great choice.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #3 of 10 Old 06-14-2013, 03:20 PM

Liked: 26
Why not the ZT?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

post #4 of 10 Old 06-15-2013, 02:07 AM

Liked: 15
Is it too late to talk you out of marriage? wink.gif Anyway, that's going to be one heck of a tv. I have a 50" ST50 that I love but the VT60 is in a whole different league. Enjoy your tv.

HDTV: Panasonic TC-P50ST50
Speakers: Bowers & Wilkins 685
Receiver: Sony STR-DA80ES
Blu-ray Player: Playstation 3
Power Center: Monster HDP 1800
post #5 of 10 Old 06-15-2013, 05:06 PM

Liked: 33
Congrat! Great choice on VT. Use it in good health. We also ordered a ZT last night. I spend a few hours in many stores watching F8500 and VT/ZT side by side, and while I get all the hype regarding the sharpness of Samsung, it was kind of unnatural to my eyes. I admit, the VT and ZT both have more noise, but after 15 minutes I didn't see any noise and was inside the movie already. F8500 was like I am watching TV like contents. Dspite its FPS, the stand and viewing angles were also a dealbreaker for me.
post #6 of 10 Old 06-26-2013, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 351
Nice choice. The vt60 definitely stands out by quite a bit in that list. If you end up using it a lot for bluray films/hometheater you'll be very happy after a professional calibration as well. You should be all set for many years to come.
post #7 of 10 Old 06-27-2013, 08:50 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpmanballerz View Post

You might have spent too much though.
post #8 of 10 Old 07-01-2013, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

I got a 500$ fireplace tv stand and 5 yr warranty in the price to. I heckled both FS and visions and I can promise you that tv is not going out any cheaper to anyone else. In Canada at least. Until Panasonic lowers there cost.

I also got the wow Disney disc to do some basic calibrations on it!
post #9 of 10 Old 07-01-2013, 10:35 AM

Liked: 42
Congrats on the new VT60! I've owned mine for almost 3 weeks, and I love it.
The Disney WOW disc is pretty good in my opinion. I recommend using either the 'Custom' or "Professional 1/2" presets when self-calibrating, and make sure the panel brightness is set to 'Mid'. Enjoy!

Room1:Panasonic 65VT60/Yamaha A1010/Denon DBT1713/Definitive BP8, CLR2300, SM350/Martin Logan Dynamo1000
Room2:Samsung 64D8000/Yamaha A730/Definitive BP8040, BP6, Mythos 3/PS3, Xbox 360
Bedroom:Samsung 58B860
Office:Audioengine N22/Fiio D3 DAC/Athena P5/Polk PSW10
Car:Acura ELS DVD-audio/Focal
post #10 of 10 Old 09-20-2013, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

My TV has been in a box for a few months while renovations have been going on but its finally set up!!

I know the whole break in period for plasmas has been beaten to death however just a few questions.

I have put the slideshow files on a USB stick and put them into TV but then i cant seem to find them once i look on the TV. Not sure why that is?

I have my Telus TV set up also but i make sure not to watch anything with a static symbol on it(which seems to be every channel)

Next questions, will i be okay to just watch Blue rays and runs slides at night for the first 100 hours? Also any issues with running movies off my computer? Assuming i dont let it sit on the desktop screen of course

I will be sure to not start gaming until over 200 or watching shows with static images.

Thanks so much! This TV is beautiful
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P50gt50 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page