Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 181 Old 11-20-2013, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR1 View Post

If that comment was direct towards me - you've got serious issues- "you might want to step back a few paces - you're terribly close to the edge and could maybe fall!!!!
Your comparison to your car doesn't work - you don't know that the people with maybe a recurring issue weren't accommodated after maybe the "fault was actually documented" and the issue identified. Are the problems like I have and a few others that haven't had issues that we've complained about for years be accommodated. It would certainly help but am I likely to sue. Life has certainly other issues that deserve more attention than my television.

There very likely are people that deserve to have attitudes with the product and maybe the service afforded them but just because the set needs a service after 3 years of service isn't a reason to shout "sue the ba$tard$" - I didn't mention anything about needing a panel - a service board or an adjustment like has been discussed in this thread I see no fault with at all. Do I enjoy the thoughts - certainly not - it's certainly aggravating to remove it from the wall attach the stand and do the service then the wall hanging thing again but I believe I'll survive. I'd certainly like to be able to attempt the firmware on the wall before removing. The wall and surrounding equipment create the nuisance.

********"barry1me" - did you happen a couple snapshots? Was the rear panel for the adjustment removable with the stand still attached. Did he do anything other than the voltage adjustment? Firmware maybe?
Not a word of what you said made any sense! Do you even know what a class action lawsuit is for? It's not to collect millions of dollars, it's to get compensated in one fashion or another (I.e. Have a technician come out and service our televisions). As HIfi4 said, you must be affiliated with them somehow or you enjoy flushing money down the drain! I had my set serviced twice in less than 2 years, and now it needs a third repair and you are saying that is acceptable when obviously there is a widespread problem? Lastly, I don't live for my television, I don't even have cable right now but I do enjoy standing up for my rights and righting any wrong, especially something I have invested in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 181 Old 11-20-2013, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by walke108 View Post

Not a word of what you said made any sense! Do you even know what a class action lawsuit is for? It's not to collect millions of dollars, it's to get compensated in one fashion or another (I.e. Have a technician come out and service our televisions). As HIfi4 said, you must be affiliated with them somehow or you enjoy flushing money down the drain! I had my set serviced twice in less than 2 years, and now it needs a third repair and you are saying that is acceptable when obviously there is a widespread problem? Lastly, I don't live for my television, I don't even have cable right now but I do enjoy standing up for my rights and righting any wrong, especially something I have invested in.

You mention multiple problems and I mentioned that there are "likely" those "deserving" but if a person has had a "product" ANY PRODUCT and just because it requires a "service" deems it's junk/faulty is just wrong. Yes there's many that have posted here with similar issues with various approaches taken by Samsung for repairs and yes if I were one of them I'd be damned hostile.

I never mentioned the "class action" and I understand the mention of it but there's just so many "haters" here that it's scary.

I've got a good bit of money invested in a product that is 3+ years old, I'm interested in a repair that might get me 2 more maybe so I don't need to anticipate a buy presently. I asked the likely hood of the "fix" that is suggested accomplishing that because the "suggested" service shop is 50+ miles from me. I'm concerned that if it's NOT then the $170 service call is the "RIP". If it's a viable fix then the service call could maybe considered maintenance. The set is wall mounted and a nuisance.

I'm guessing I'll not find any thing here in this thread regarding maybe the "firmware" or if anyone has actually maybe done some snapshots of what's required when the service call is made. I would think some might be more interested that are in similar situations as most are. All of us would certainly be interested in a little OR a good bit more service life from the product we paid a substantial price for.

Oh well -

The choices for Plasma seem to be dwindling and I'm still likely a person interested in Plasma. Should I be?
post #63 of 181 Old 11-20-2013, 06:02 PM

Liked: 10
I did the voltage adjustment myself. First I upgraded the firmware from the Samsung website, which did nothing. Then I removed the back panel (with the stand on) and adjusted the screw until the banding went away. I had the picture paused on commercial with a white screen and black text and put a mirror in front of the tv so I could see the pink bands disappear as I turned the screw.

The pink banding is now gone, though I think the picture might be a little soft now (not sure if I am imagining that or not). The fix cost me nothing except an hour of my time.
post #64 of 181 Old 11-20-2013, 06:08 PM

I am curious if anyone has done this with a multi meter, and if so, where exactly to measure the voltage? Is there a specific spot in the V's area? I'm an amateur with the meter but I think I would feel better changing it to what the spec sheet said.
post #65 of 181 Old 11-20-2013, 09:20 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufjd92 View Post

I did the voltage adjustment myself. First I upgraded the firmware from the Samsung website, which did nothing. Then I removed the back panel (with the stand on) and adjusted the screw until the banding went away. I had the picture paused on commercial with a white screen and black text and put a mirror in front of the tv so I could see the pink bands disappear as I turned the screw.

The pink banding is now gone, though I think the picture might be a little soft now (not sure if I am imagining that or not). The fix cost me nothing except an hour of my time.

Quote:

I am curious if anyone has done this with a multi meter, and if so, where exactly to measure the voltage? Is there a specific spot in the V's area? I'm an amateur with the meter but I think I would feel better changing it to what the spec sheet said.

I think you need to check the label on the panel that indicates the Vs and Va as well as Vsc and Ve. Get the reading to the correct spec and see what's the panel reaction will be like before any custom tuning. I am sure that these panel left the factory with the reading calibrated so it should be the best parameters used. I aint sure if we're to go beyond these numbers by too far can have a adverse effect on the panel especially the lifespan. There's a reason why these are covered under the metal sheet instead available on the user manual.
post #66 of 181 Old 11-21-2013, 12:53 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the post and certainly the "useful" information. The rear panel removal with the stand attached helps me considerably. I now have a better idea of the space I need after I remove it from the wall.

The "firmware" that the TSB mentions isn't available from the Samsung website and is restricted to "service personnel" with a subscription to their service information data base. Would it help? Who knows. A couple that have mentioned service visits haven't mentioned specifically if the "firmware" was applied or not. I would have thought someone would notice the use of the "service remote" and a USB stick.

I'd like to think that the VS adjustment "sticks" for you and you get "many more" service hours from your plasma. You didn't mention model specifically or maybe the production/purchase date of yours either. I'm wondering if maybe it's important and effects how responsive the particular model is to the adjustment and maybe the "firmware".

I had considered the "mirror thing" but looking at a few snapshots I couldn't confirm that the rear cover could be removed without the machine maybe being held upright by second pair of hands or not.

You've helped considerably - with the service facility 50+ miles away maybe this actually is a DIY. It would be good that anyone who had received a service visit for the adjustment could confirm that there actually was a "firmware" upgrade applied. The service facility I spoke with "hinted" that it would be done but 5 minutes later in the conversation he hinted that all "firmware" would be available direct from the Internet and the TSB hints that it certainly requires a PC to accomplish the task. I was curious that maybe the "factory/service" remote could inquire maybe directly a different service area of the menu and facilitate the "firmware" upgrade maybe directly from the Internet.

Again - THANKS !!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi4Hobby View Post

I think you need to check the label on the panel that indicates the Vs and Va as well as Vsc and Ve. Get the reading to the correct spec and see what's the panel reaction will be like before any custom tuning. I am sure that these panel left the factory with the reading calibrated so it should be the best parameters used. I aint sure if we're to go beyond these numbers by too far can have a adverse effect on the panel especially the lifespan. There's a reason why these are covered under the metal sheet instead available on the user manual.

This was something that I was concerned about also before even participating in this thread. That was the reason I had posted asking if maybe anyone had purchased or had been able to access the "service manual" that's available on USB, CD or paper. A Samsung inquiry mentions 7+ days likely for the ship. Add 3 to that depending on the shipping method it could be 10 or so days away.

Those values may very well be important along with maybe the "firmware" to make the "fix" stick. Don't know. Slowly information is becoming available. Maybe I'll just wait the however long it takes to get the FSM and see if more information surfaces.

I did read a post somewhere that a service visit was done and all of the information you mention was checked BUT the results were the machine was removed to the service facility for service. I never saw a response as to what was the final outcome/solution.

I thought also that there might be more information with the TSB that mentions the "firmware' and adjustment procedure applies to maybe certain runs of the machine or maybe the boards used in the original build.

Maybe a particular build requires this plus this (parts) and then the application of the "firmware" and the VS adjustment.
post #67 of 181 Old 11-21-2013, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi4Hobby View Post

Thanks HIFI!!
post #68 of 181 Old 11-21-2013, 08:26 AM

You're welcome. I should have mentioned I have a PN58C8000. I don't know the build date off hand (I am at work right now). I'll post it later when I get home. You can definitely remove the back panel with the stand on, I did the fix entirely by myself (except for moving the TV away from the wall to get behind it). I also ran through several different video sources before putting the back on in order to make sure the banding was gone.

I figured with the pink banding and the run-around from Samsung, the panel was pretty much garbage at this point. So if I messed it up I would be no worse off. I have now fixed the pink banding, and if I even get another year out if it, it was worth the risk (to me, anyway, others may disagree). It has now been a month and the banding hasn't returned (though it took over a year for it to show up in the first place). I only watch the TV in movie mode, so hopefully the voltage bump won't stress the panel for a while at least.
post #69 of 181 Old 11-21-2013, 04:26 PM

FYI my tv was built January 2011 in Mexico.
post #70 of 181 Old 11-21-2013, 06:25 PM

That's interesting information. Mine was built 09/10 I believe and today I called a different fellow regarding the problem and bulletin. He's not a Samsung affiliate but he has done "calibrations" for years and I forgot that he was substantially closer than the affiliated shop. His thoughts were to do the voltage adjustment and maybe NOT the "firmware" just because of the possible issues. He mentioned that any "firmware" by any of the major players is no different than "firmware" done by PC providers for modems, routers and on and on and on. It's certainly not a common issue but it's certainly a possibility and if the "firmware" stalled or was corrupted in any fashion the board is a few hundred dollar piece with high priced cores so it could get complicated, he also doesn't have access to the Samsung service for the "firmware" anyway. I'm becoming more inclined to likely do the voltage adjustment myself and see how long the adjustment might hold. Doesn't seem to be anything to lose. He seemed to have specific voltage ranges in mind but he hasn't done any Samsung machines for this issue.

He did mention that if there were some that reported that they had the entire TSB applied that included the voltage adjustment and the "firmware" it might be reason enough to reconsider and do it all. That would of course require the affiliated service shop.

It would be interesting if others did the DIY approach they maybe record the information on the board, the voltage if they used a DMM. For those with issues from warranty or previous repairs I would think that information would also be somewhat useful. Would it? I don't know.

The problem with the repairs or adjustments is that once they're accomplished and it's a "non-issue" you don't see the "poster back to report". Of course if it doesn't they're back more aggravated than ever.

If I decide to do the DIY I'll use a DMM and record the start values and where I likely end.

The service guy today mentioned that maybe the wise thing to do would be to use a Blu-ray that you're familiar with to confirm the before and after viewing and then replace the back cover and move on. He mentioned that if he did it we would use his Blu-ray and he'd tweak the settings to what he considered appropriate and I just need to "NOD and say yes"
post #71 of 181 Old 11-22-2013, 08:52 AM

I've purchased the FSM to just get a closer look at things and I'm quite confident I'll likely do the Vs adjustment and see what develops. I don't see any notes in the FSM that hint where I can maybe check the "hours in use" but I didn't spend much time in the manual either.

The "off the wall" issue is my only major stumbling block I believe - not enough hands and don't have quite the appropriate table or whatever to remove it to. All of the HDMI etc is in the wall so I guess i'll just pick up a couple inexpensive to do the connect on the stand.

I called another fellow last evening and he mentioned doing the "firmware" - his thoughts are the day of the slow download and corruption are in the "way past" - might need to find out. I would sure like to hear from someone that has had the "firmware" applied.
post #72 of 181 Old 11-23-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:

Where did you get the Firmware?
post #73 of 181 Old 11-23-2013, 04:06 PM

Liked: 14
I have a PN58C550 which is one of the sets covered in the TSB posted earlier in this thread. I have the same purple banding problem which has recently gotten worse, so I finally decided to try the voltage adjustment. My set is three years old but has had the banding for over a year.

Below, is a picture I took of the power board with the VS test post and adjustment pot circled. The board is in the middle of the TV. I connected the red lead of a digital multimeter to the VS post, and the black lead to the screw on the top right corner of the power board which is a grounding point. My voltage was measured at +210 vdc before the adjustment. The purple band disappeared around +212 vdc. I went ahead and set the voltage to +213 vdc as specified in the TSB. The band is completely gone now. This is something really anyone can try themselves. Just be very careful not to touch anything on any of the boards since there are some pretty high voltages on them.

Thanks to all in this thread. That TSB was really helpful. Funny, Samsung told me last summer that there weren't any reports of this problem with my model TV, and now I find the TSB here. I got all the way to Executive Relations before they finally told me they wouldn't do anything to help me because the TV was out of warranty. I don't like it that they offered no help for a repair of a widespread problem, and I like it even less that they told me no one else was having this problem when the TSB was almost certainly available when I called. Do ya think my next TV is gonna be a Samsung?

bobby james likes this.
post #74 of 181 Old 11-23-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veets View Post

I have a PN58C550 which is one of the sets covered in the TSB posted earlier in this thread. I have the same purple banding problem which has recently gotten worse, so I finally decided to try the voltage adjustment. My set is three years old but has had the banding for over a year.

Below, is a picture I took of the power board with the VS test post and adjustment pot circled. The board is in the middle of the TV. I connected the red lead of a digital multimeter to the VS post, and the black lead to the screw on the top right corner of the power board which is a grounding point. My voltage was measured at +210 vdc before the adjustment. The purple band disappeared around +212 vdc. I went ahead and set the voltage to +213 vdc as specified in the TSB. The band is completely gone now. This is something really anyone can try themselves. Just be very careful not to touch anything on any of the boards since there are some pretty high voltages on them.

Thanks to all in this thread. That TSB was really helpful. Funny, Samsung told me last summer that there weren't any reports of this problem with my model TV, and now I find the TSB here. I got all the way to Executive Relations before they finally told me they wouldn't do anything to help me because the TV was out of warranty. I don't like it that they offered no help for a repair of a widespread problem, and I like it even less that they told me no one else was having this problem when the TSB was almost certainly available when I called. Do ya think my next TV is gonna be a Samsung?

Awesome and informative post! Thanks for taking the time. I will be doing this within the next few days on my PN63C8000. I have a multimeter so will record the voltages as well!
Did you use an insulated screw driver?
bobby james likes this.
post #75 of 181 Old 11-23-2013, 06:17 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:

Did you use an insulated screw driver?

I didn't have an insulated screwdriver handy, so I used a metal, non-insulated screwdriver. The adjustment pot is made of plastic (at least on my TV) so it won't act as a conductor. The danger is in accidentally touching other metal components, so it's best to use a plastic or nylon screwdriver if you have one. Also, be certain you are not grounded (wear shoes) or touching any other part of the TV with your other hand or body. You don't want to complete a circuit allowing voltage to pass through your body. I used alligator clips to attach the multimeter test leads to the VS test post and ground. That helps keep your other hand away from the TV and the voltage present in the VS test post..

RUBiK, bobby james and orion2001 like this.
post #76 of 181 Old 11-23-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:

I didn't have an insulated screwdriver handy, so I used a metal, non-insulated screwdriver. The adjustment pot is made of plastic (at least on my TV) so it won't act as a conductor. The danger is in accidentally touching other metal components, so it's best to use a plastic or nylon screwdriver if you have one. Also, be certain you are not grounded (wear shoes) or touching any other part of the TV with your other hand or body. You don't want to complete a circuit allowing voltage to pass through your body. I used alligator clips to attach the multimeter test leads to the VS test post and ground. That helps keep your other hand away from the TV and the voltage present in the VS test post..

You rock, I appreciate your tips and great info!
post #77 of 181 Old 11-23-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the post and the snapshot - the snapshot is pretty much what the FSM displays as what I might likely expect. I'll be several days before I can get mine from the wall but I'm certainly happy to see some reports of "success". That's the optimism that I was hoping to catch here in this thread. It was good to see the before, the when it disappeared and then the mention of the final being set to the TSB spec. What was the Vs setting on the label on the board if the label was there. The FSM seems to mention that the settings are recorded and noted.

Has anybody actually seen the complete TSB? Has anybody had the "firmware" applied by a tech? Those seem to be the only two things that are missing from having the DIY completely sorted.

No one has reported any "bulged" caps or anything unusual so it certainly is looking like it's a DIY for sure.
post #78 of 181 Old 11-24-2013, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoney94 View Post

Where did you get the Firmware?

I just downloaded the latest firmware from the samsung website. That is apparently not the same firmware being discussed in this thread.

Also, I used a metal screwdriver. The screw is plastic on my pn58c8000. For what its worth, I tried turning the screw all the way, and it did stop shortly after the banding disappeared, so I backed it off until it was in the right spot. Just using my eyes, no voltmeter
post #79 of 181 Old 11-24-2013, 06:40 PM

I went ahead and did the voltage change tonight on my PN63C8000. I only checked and changed the V's. I did not display a white screen with the pink banding, I just grabbed a multi/meter and changed it to 213 as per the spec sheet (213.1vdc was as close as I could get it). My original voltage was at 209.8 Vdc. So far so good and as everyone else said it takes much longer to remove the screws than to change the voltage. Thanks so much to the posters and contributors. Mr Veets posts were extremely helpful to me.
So far I am not noticing any pink banding on the light screens that usually display it. I will update if anything changes!
post #80 of 181 Old 11-27-2013, 03:15 AM

Liked: 21
Quote:

+1

Apparently Samsung is trying to "getaway" from their responsibility by "repackaging" their products and only interested in selling them and just to make sure their products lasted the warranties given. My next TV wont be a Samsung either, they're full of lies and covering up their **** holes and pretend nothing has happened to their products. Shame on them..
post #81 of 181 Old 11-28-2013, 06:58 AM

+2
I agree. Samsung will more than gladly sell you their products from the bottom of their line stuff to the top of their line stuff (I.e. the pn58c800). But when it comes to backing their products... Forget it. You get less than bottom of the line support. This is why you will no longer see me leaving a store with ANY Samsung products.
post #82 of 181 Old 12-03-2013, 05:50 PM

Well I finally got mine off the wall - I had saved the box so it was quite easy to stand in the original styro-foam packing and then attach the stand. I had to fabricate a temporary shelf to actually stand it on and extract the power, HDMI and audio cables from the wall. Fishing the cables back to their place might be a nuisance but that's for another day.

My Vs was 209.8 also and I was finally able to get it to 212.9 so I left it there and I believe that maybe 95+% of the issue is resolved. Maybe it's a psychological thing that it seems to still be there. I may tweak it a little more but I'm going to wait and see what tomorrow brings. The label called for 210.

*** My board is laid out a bit differently than the one posted by "veets". The "heat-sinks" in mine are black and the position of the "test-pin" and "adjusting-pot" are located in a similar but not exact same location. Mine is identical to the FSM and the one in the TSB. I didn't do any snapshots but might later before reassembly. "veets" also mentioned his was a 550 series and maybe that's the reason for the difference.

It sure would be good to be able to grab the SW update and see what it might do if the setting was returned to the initial "out of the box" settings.

The TSB interests me in so much as it's actually from a 3d party "Encompass" that is a Samsung service partner that I guess does board rebuilds etc. The appearance hints that it's a Samsung TSB but I'm curious that if it's maybe NOT just a procedure to replace the board with a "service part" - then do the SW update and if the problem still persists the Vs adjustment is the last aspect of the service "if needed". I'm just guessing that maybe the first course of action was to replace the boards and upon servicing the "removed boards" there was no significant problem found with the part itself and with customers still reporting the issues the Vs was the "next best option".

I'm not a "hater" yet but I'm far from pleased.

The best thing that happened to me was the hesitancy of the service shop to commit to the service that I had asked for and when I mentioned there wasn't going to be any parts purchased and I needed documentation for what we actually changed and checked first.

I'm very curious as to what we might expect as far as this adjustment lasting.

Does anyone know when the earliest reported Vs adjustment was suggested and maybe accomplished?

The rear cover is going to stay off for a day or two anyway.
post #83 of 181 Old 12-04-2013, 09:48 AM

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for the infos. This community helped a lot in the last few months.

Actually, I think I am really lucky compared to some of you, since we have legislation and jurisprudence here that forces the company (Samsung) to repair the TV. They replaced the panel in July. After the pink banding reappared in August, they adjusted the voltage (surprised to see that the issue was known in May though).

Now, with the voltage adjusted:

1) I have a pink band at the bottom of the screen, which looked like a burn-in, even if we don't really listed to TV news or any other program with such tickers at the bottom;
2) My USB port does not always work, especially in the first 5 minutes;
3) My HDMI does not work 20% of the time. I have to disconnect the cable and reconnect.

Am I the only one to have some side effects of the voltage adjustment?
post #84 of 181 Old 12-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 124
I highly doubt they are related. It is possible when you put the cover on you partially obscured or interfered in some way with these parts?
post #85 of 181 Old 12-04-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR1 View Post

My Vs was 209.8 also and I was finally able to get it to 212.9 so I left it there and I believe that maybe 95+% of the issue is resolved. Maybe it's a psychological thing that it seems to still be there. I may tweak it a little more but I'm going to wait and see what tomorrow brings. The label called for 210.
I feel you, as I felt like there was still a touch of pink banding on my set after the adjustment. When I sit close to the tv, I can see the banding on the extreme top border of the tv to the right side. I can't really notice when I sit farther away so I will probably leave good enough alone so i don't have to open it back up and go adjust the tv more than the recommended 213.
DW
post #86 of 181 Old 12-05-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:

I feel you, as I felt like there was still a touch of pink banding on my set after the adjustment. When I sit close to the tv, I can see the banding on the extreme top border of the tv to the right side. I can't really notice when I sit farther away so I will probably leave good enough alone so i don't have to open it back up and go adjust the tv more than the recommended 213.
DW

I decided that I'd try for the 213.0 today and the first stop was 213.5 - I sat down and watched it pretty closely and I believe that it's no longer an issue. I'm something very close to 10' and I'm really pleased. I used the factory reset and went back to the CNET settings of maybe 2011 and my first thoughts are really gratifying. I've not tried anything other than the "movie' mode and I'm sure I won't.

I really think what I saw with the 212.5 was psychological, after a good nights sleep and a new start-up after the re-set all was good. I might try for the 213.0 still but for now it's just a pleasant experience to watch and enjoy again.

I'd really like a new Plasma I think but I'm sure it's a wait and see thing. I'm quite tempted to sell this now that it's "off the wall" and somewhere that it could be easily "demo'd". The box is ready also. It's very tempting.
post #87 of 181 Old 12-29-2013, 05:38 AM

What a great post Veets.

Thanks for the good, detailed information.

I have a 500 with the pink/purplish banding issue as well. Going to try this repair in the next day or two.
Will post my results.
post #88 of 181 Old 12-29-2013, 07:15 AM

Where can you get a service manual for the C500?
post #89 of 181 Old 12-29-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordlindsey View Post

Where can you get a service manual for the C500?

Enter your entire model number here and see if it's available:

http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-SM-PN58C8000YF.aspx

I left the link to my C8000 FSM in the link so that you could see what to expect. I assume that "source" should likely do the entire Samsung product line except maybe phones/tablets. I don't know because I've never tried anything except my C8000.

I got mine from a different source for a couple $$'s more because it was an electronic transfer that I accomplished "NOW" rather than do the "wait" I was told to expect from this source.
post #90 of 181 Old 12-29-2013, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 60
If you do a search on this forum, relating to the pink banding. If I remember correctly you have to adjust one of the voltage trim pots on the back of the set. Yes this requires opening the back of the tv . Usually the voltage has to be increased. I had a magenta, pink distortion on my set , it think it is the same as yours, same problem I mean. I fixed it by tweaking the voltage on one of the trim pots. I forget which trim pot it is though. I know this has been discussed numerous times, like I said narrow it down by looking for the threads related to "pink banding/ magenta distortioin". Good luck.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn58c8000 58 3d Plasma Tv 16 9 Hdtv 1080p 58in Ws Plasma 1080p 3d Ready 600hz 4 Hdmi Ultra S , Samsung Pn58c8000 58 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page