Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 164 Old 04-29-2014, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom669 View Post

When you were working on it, did you use cushions on it laid down, or did you have it mounted on the stand? These newer panels can flex when on the stand (very thin) which can stress the panel if pushing on the back of it.

We just held it upright on cardboard on a table without a stand. Did slide it around a little I guess. Oh well, guess we're shopping for a new TV. Thanks again for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 164 Old 05-07-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwokdog View Post

Voltage was 209 before adjustment. I just received a new power supply, x and y main boards. We shall see how that goes...

These did not fix the issue. Neither did Y buffer boards (upper and lower).

The main board is good because I can hear sound....

The panel is dead. I do think it is unrelated to the voltage and has more to do with crappy surge protection and extensive use.

Happy to see this TV go......
post #153 of 164 Old 05-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
That's a pain.All the best for your new tv...Reasons I'm hesitant too make adjustment is taking back off and the tv is on 24hrs a day often and worried about frying it,and mine has a bit of purple band/blotches and I've read the voltage adjustment does not always fix this.
post #154 of 164 Old 06-05-2014, 03:19 PM

Pink Banding ...Need SW upgrade...

post #155 of 164 Old 06-28-2014, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just adjusted my PN63C590. The toughest part was finding one screw hidden in the panel where all of the TV inputs are. Once I found that, the back came off easily and the adjustment was a snap. The pink band that has bothered me for six months seems to be gone!

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread!
post #156 of 164 Old 06-28-2014, 06:12 PM

I, too, did this Pink banding fix on my pn63c8000. Trying to get samsung to even acknowledge the problem was a no go, so if anyone from Samsung is listening, I am not planning on buying another Samsung in the future because of my terrible interaction with your support. This is clearly a recall worthy problem, and the fact that I couldnt' get my panel swapped out is completely unfair.

Now, you guys who made this tutorial/discovered this fix... thanks! It seemed to work! Be very careful when matching the screws back up when you put the TV back together. I am pretty sure you could "screw" it into the actual display if you don't pair up the screws correctly. Still, its been about a month at this point since I had the courage to do it, and I haven't noticed anymore banding at all. The only thing is that the image seems to have a bit extra softness to it, but I'll make that trade any day.
post #157 of 164 Old 06-30-2014, 06:15 PM

Liked: 0
Petition

I haven't read all posts, but for anyone who doesn't know yet there is a petition on Change.org to address Samsung and this problem:

http://www.change.org/petitions/pink-banders-unite

"This is a widespread issue for early adopters of their plasma television sets, primarily the 2010 models.

It's unacceptable for a top of the line $2,500 television set to last for such a short period of time. No consumer would suggest that a $2,500 piece of electronics is expendable within two years."
post #158 of 164 Old 07-18-2014, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Well all I started this thread just over a year ago and much appreciate all the input. My condolences to everyone who has had to deal with the pink banding issue. After a year of reading all the posts I finally decided to stop waiting for Samsuck to issue a recall and decided to pull the TV off the wall and do the voltage adjustment which I was told by one of the two techs that came to my house to replace the panel initially that Samsuck said it wouldn't work. Found it at 210 and adjusted it to 213 dead nuts. Rehung the TV and found it to be 95% gone. Still have some flashes of pinkish purple mostly where it was most noticable in white and light backgrounds but mostly hockey games. Although it still bothers me that I see it at times which some day probably will make me pull it off the wall and bump the volts up a few tenths again and watch it longer infront of a mirror I'm happy to enjoy watching it again.
post #159 of 164 Old 07-19-2014, 08:09 PM

Just to let everyone know, I added a warranty through my satellite tv provider and there service tech came from samsung to fix the purple banding on my 58 inch 3d plasma tv and all he brought was a USB stick with a special firmware specifically to fix the purple banding . He stuck it in and the tv rebooted and walla no more purple banding! So samsung does have a fix for the tv with the purple banding issue , you'll just need a tech that deals with samsung and has access to the firmware! While my tv was under warranty through ultimate electronics, they replaced my plasma panel 2 times and the 3 rd time I had them buy me out of my warranty.

Last edited by Brendan Williams; 07-19-2014 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Needed to
post #160 of 164 Old 07-20-2014, 05:57 PM

I performed the voltage adjustment on my Samsung plasma TV, and the pink banding problem mostly went away. However, when I went to check the voltage with my DMM, it sparked as if something shorted out. I'm certain that I had the positive probe on the Vs test point, and the common probe on chassis ground. I'm also certain I had my DMM set to Volts DC. Thankfully, the TV is still working, but I'm worried that I fried something in the process. There is a capacitor right next to the Vs test point that got a little charred looking on the outside. Has anyone else experienced any similar problems while trying to measure the Vs voltage?
post #161 of 164 Old 07-21-2014, 09:15 AM

I plan to do this as well.

Unfortunately, I don't have a voltage meter.

Did anyone just eye this ? Do you turn the VS clockwise or counter (left) ?

And how much do you turn it ? One full turn ? a quarter ? less ? I'm going to
hope to the adjustment will be - like others have reported - from 209 or
210 to 213. How much of a turn distance is that ?
post #162 of 164 Old 07-26-2014, 08:02 AM

I did it by eye, It's clock wise. That seems to have worked, but if someone has a picture with the test points for the Voltage, I would love to test it to make sure i didn't over do it
post #163 of 164 Old 07-29-2014, 01:40 PM

Does anyonw have the "Default" settings in the service menu?

Before I found this thread I made some changes in the Service menus on my PN58C8000.

Can someone take pics of the default settings for this Display. My 3D glasses don't seem to want to sync correctly (timing seems off)

I was hoping to reset the 3D setting to get it back to "stock."

Thanks in advance
post #164 of 164 Old 07-30-2014, 06:19 AM

Finally completed. It proved to be as simple as others described.

By far the hardest part were the damn screws. Around two dozen. I couldn't get all of them off (lol) so I had to execute a few yoga moves to reach down over the panel rear and turn the VS a whole turn clockwise.

Thankfully the VS was less than a third of the way down. The screen was powered off from start to finish.

One important detail is that the VS screw is soft plastic and smaller than all the other screws. I used a micro-screw driver (philip's head) to make the adjustment.

Results ? Amazing - Over HDMI, using a newly built HTPC, I pulled up an all-white wallpaper and could not see a single pink striation. Wow.

Thanks to all for posting this incredible DIY solution.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn58c8000 58 3d Plasma Tv 16 9 Hdtv 1080p 58in Ws Plasma 1080p 3d Ready 600hz 4 Hdmi Ultra S , Samsung Pn58c8000 58 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page