PN58C8000 Pink Banding - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #181 of 192 Old 10-12-2014, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just did the voltage adjustment to get rid of the pink banding. Checked with my meter and was at 216v already and bumped up to 218v and pink banding all gone. I have a pnc58c590.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 192 Old 10-26-2014, 02:47 PM

Liked: 0
So were you able to get your tv fixed after all? I only ask because i have the pn58c8000 with the pink bandwidth and it's driving me nuts. Thinking of buying that factory remote too.
post #183 of 192 Old 10-27-2014, 08:16 PM

TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by psusith View Post
so...i was able to get into the factory menu. I tried the upgrade and it said "no match." i did exactly what the bulletin said - pdp_logic subdirectory, renamed the file to logic.bin, etc. I verified i have the right model number (3d, 58" plasma, 2010). Tried the stick formated in fat and fat32. Nothing seems to make it work. I checked the firmware, and it's the most current. I don't know what's wrong with it. Perhaps it could be because this is my second panel, i had a panel replacement when this issue happened the first time back in 2012, i'm thinking they replaced it with a panel that's slightly different, and this isn't allowing the update.

Guess i'm stuck with the voltage adjustment.
so did you get yout tv to work? I have the same problem it's annoying and i was thinking of buying the factory remote.
post #184 of 192 Old 10-29-2014, 09:05 PM

i had the pink banding issue, tried the voltage increase which worked for about 3-4 months, and now its back with a vengeance.

technically, i could go ahead and try to fix this again by increasing the voltage even more but dont feel comfortable continuing to go down this road. already have battled with samsung and had a panel replaced before - the only thing i feel like is worthwhile is to get rid of the TV and buy a new non-Samsung TV at this point...

their tv quality for plasmas from 2010-2011 are notoriously bad.
post #185 of 192 Old 11-11-2014, 09:57 PM

I had the pink banding issue, but fortunately I was still in the last two months of a four-year extended warranty. They came out and replaced the panel today and I've got a brand-new TV!
post #186 of 192 Old 11-28-2014, 03:48 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post
Has anyone tried the network factory remote on the C8000 model? It worked fine on the D7000/D8000 models.

http://samsung.rainerullrich.de/

There is a translation link at the top of the web page.

Larry
Yes! I just tried this and along with some other tips, it worked! My PN58C8000 which has had the pink band progressively getting worse for well over 18 months is fixed!

I downloaded and installed the software linked above. It's not in English, but if you're fairly tech savvy, you can kind of guess what the error messages are saying and move past them. For simplicity's sake, consider turning off your firewall temporarily and run the application "as Administrator".

As I have one of the 3D models linked in the PDF, I could use the software linked from this post:
PN58C8000 Pink Banding

I formatted a thumb drive as FAT32 and put the software in the folder PDP_LOGIC and named it LOGIC.bin

Then I powered down the TV and inserted the thumb drive into one of the USB ports on the TV. Then I turned the TV on and launch the software. Eventually you'll probably be asked for the IP address of your TV. You can probably get that from your router or Samsung DLNA software. Enter the IP and make sure the remote connects successfully. Test it by toggling mute or something simple like that. If it works, hit the "Info" button on your physical remote, and then mash the "Factory" button on the software remote about 4 or 5 times per second. After a few presses, my factory menu came up, WITH the sections that are missing if you access the factory menu via a Mute-1-8-2-Power start-up.

Oh - as others have warned, you will lose some picture settings doing this update! I forgot to jot mine down, but honestly right now I don't even care.

Thank you all for your contributes in this thread! My TV looks like new again, and I didn't even have to pull it off the wall! I'm thrilled, and can hardly wait for my wife to come home and see what I've been up to today.

- Jason
post #187 of 192 Old 11-28-2014, 05:14 PM

Anyone tried the bin file on PN63C8000?

Has any brave soul tried this?
post #188 of 192 Old 11-28-2014, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR1 View Post
 I replaced mine with an F8500 but I shopped hard for the VT or ZT first. I'm certainly NOT a "fanboy" but in none of my posts did I ever say "never". I did this time buy the first ever "extended service" plan that I've ever considered.
EDIT: I'm waiting to see if this pans out (The Official Samsung PNxxC6500, PNxxC7000, and PNxxC8000 Owner's Discussion Thread) and try the firmware fix before trying the volt adjustment.

WVZR1,

I own a PN58C8000 purchased in July 2010. The pink/magenta banding issue has been a huge annoying problem since about 13 months after owning the tv. It usually only rears its ugly head on the display when its mostly white. I was not happy when I first noticed it and also realized the warranty had expired.

I have since then learned to just live with it and every now and then (1-2 times a year) I would do a web search and see if anyone else was having the same issues or knew how to fix it etc. It is embarrassing when watch a movie and a guest, friend, or family member asks about the pink spots... A few months back I finally decided to get rid of my set and purchase a Panasonic VT, ZT or a Samsung F8500.

I'm very happy now that I stumbled upon this thread tonight and I plan to take the back panel off and adjust the voltage and hopefully fix the issue. I could never sell it in the past because I didn't want the buyer to have to deal with the pink problems. I want to sell the tv in great condition.

If I can fix it I will probably decide to sell it and purchase a Samsung 64F8500 to replace it. Do you like yours? how is the PQ compared to my model? Black levels? Contrast, Brightness. All the reviews say "best plasma Samsung has ever produced" but I can't find a Panasonic plasma without paying an outrageous amount of $$$ (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BC4SNMK/...ing=UTF8&psc=1).

I will post up pictures and voltage readings when the project is complete. Thank you all for your help an assistance on this site!

-dave

Last edited by drvasek; 11-29-2014 at 08:19 AM.
post #189 of 192 Unread Today, 02:24 PM

I have the PN63C8000 and I called Samsung for repair and referenced the service bulletin. They would not acknowledge the service bulletin but after 1.5 hours the ECR finally gave me a one-time accommodation for the repair. Today The technician came out and updated the Logic firmware and the pink band is not noticeable at all right now. He did not crank up the voltage and said the LOGIC firmware update usually fixes this problem. I have 90 days on the repair so if it comes back I'm covered for 3 more months.
post #190 of 192 Unread Today, 02:25 PM

I have the LOGIC.bin file and will send a link once I have 5 posts.
post #191 of 192 Unread Today, 02:27 PM

The LOGIC.bin file is for the PN63C7000YFXZA or PN63C8000YFXZA models
post #192 of 192 Unread Today, 02:28 PM

Here is the LOGIC.bin file for the PN63C7000YFXZA or PN63C8000YFXZA

http://www.mediafire.com/download/el...v8yb/LOGIC.bin
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn58c8000 58 3d Plasma Tv 16 9 Hdtv 1080p 58in Ws Plasma 1080p 3d Ready 600hz 4 Hdmi Ultra S , Samsung Pn58c8000 58 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page