PN58C8000 Pink Banding - Page 8 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
post #211 of 215 Old 03-20-2015, 02:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Update 3
Ok All good managed to flash it with standard remote.

The key to finding that usb d/l is to look not in pdp options but under svc it is located in that folder.

Once in there click on usb d/l (make sure usb is insered into usb port on tv with that folder and file like in service bulletin) and then click right on it and it should say upgrading.
Now don't touch anything and let it finish.

Once it is complete it will turn off and then back on. Takes about 1minute.

Now testing for pink banding on my ps58c7000 and will update how to do it with standard remote. Very simple once you know how.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 215 Old 03-20-2015, 03:02 AM

Update 4
Brilliant the software upgrade has fixed the purple banding on white background.

Very very happy. Will post how it was all done soon but basically its like this and if you are not confident with it don't do it but if you are techy and like this stuff and you root your android then go for it.

Rough outline
1. Plug usb into usb connector with the correct file and folder as per service bulletin.
2. Turn hotel menu on
3. Go into service menu
4. Go into svc/logic usb d/l and click right and it should say upgrading and wait for 1 minute and tv will turn off and then back on again and all should be good.
5. Go back into hotel menu and turn it off. {not that important but nice to return it back to default]

Importantly for my tv
To enable hotel menu on silver remote
press [mute] [1] [1] [9] [enter] whilst tv is on
In there, Enabling Hotel Mode and then
"Clone USB to TV" (to get a current channellist)
It will pop up with something like channels found or something hit ok on that

Press power off on remote

Now enter service menu whilst tv is off
by pressing [info] [menu] [mute] [power] on your remote

It should turn on and you see service menu and you should see an extended menu under control
No need to go into control/pdp but you should see it available if you have correctly enabled hotel mode on and received the extended menu(just check its visible)
Now simply go into svc in default menu and there should be a usb d/l option
click right on remote and right again and it should say upgrading
Don't touch anything and HOLD YOUR BREATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for about 1 minute and then it should turn off and then on again.

Check your pinks on white mine is all great now..
and whilst tv is on
Go into hotel menu by pressing on remote
mute 1 1 9 enter
Here just turn off hotel menu by clicking right on it twice and it should say hotel menu off

Voila turn off tv via remote and then back on adjust your picture settings to before and audio and enjoy your new Samsung non pink display with a nice cold beer.

PS - my model was ps58c7000 Samsung 2010 model
I take no responsibility if you fail to follow this guide or you press something else on your remote. It is risky but caveat emptor. Hope this helps someone
cr671 likes this.
post #213 of 215 Old 03-21-2015, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneman View Post
I then decided to see if I could install the logic firmware file using the German Samsung software remote alluded to above; I don't know if the firmware actually got installed to the logic board--I could see the progress where it said "Upgrading", then I was able to catch for a very brief moment where I think it said "Success"--I say "brief" and "I think" because next thing I knew, my TV power-cycled...so I can only assume and hope that the logic f/w file was installed from the USB drive since I didn't see any error messages about the upgrade attempt failing due to wrong file or whatnot. Speaking of the file itself--because I don't really know for sure if the file got installed...can anyone else here who was able to install the logic file successfully see what Logic SW version and checksum is being reported on their TV? Mine reports SW version 11-11-30 and Checksum 0x1B35.

Yes I can confirm this is what I also see with new software:
logic sw version 11-11-30
logic sw checksum 0x1B35

The original showed:
logic sw version: 10-06-21
logic sw checksum: 0x160c

Furthermore, I can also confirm the panel temperature shown just above the the logic sw version is cooler on the new software.
My original which showed the pink was 41C whilst with new software it shows 39C.

24hrs and still no pink banding with this software.
The panel is as good as new and exceptional. Thank you Samsung.
post #214 of 215 Old 03-21-2015, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8or View Post
Yes I can confirm this is what I also see with new software:
logic sw version 11-11-30
logic sw checksum 0x1B35

The original showed:
logic sw version: 10-06-21
logic sw checksum: 0x160c
Thanks for the confirmation!

Tony
post #215 of 215 Unread Today, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Firmware wont load

Hi,

I have been reading all these posts from this thread and from the main owners thread. I have to say I am frustrated as hell. i have no problem entering the service menu with the regular remote using the codes but every time I try the download it just says fail.

I have the right structure on usb, file name etc. Even did several new downloads and tried 3 different usb sticks. I have the PN58C7000 and the correct file. i have got into the service in several ways but always a fail. Every time I go into hotel menu I lose my settings as well, which is fine but frustrating as it wont upgrade.

All I can think of is I did upgrade for version 1037 from the tv, and this may have prevented the upgrade. i also did a factory reset from the service menu and tried again with the same fail result

Has anyone with my model had the same experience with trying this after installing 1037? Or maybe is there a way to downgrade that to earlier then try the usb again?

If it wont go I gues I can try the voltage fix but was hoping to avoid that. Everyone that seems to have down the firmware has had great success.
Any feedback appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn58c8000 58 3d Plasma Tv 16 9 Hdtv 1080p 58in Ws Plasma 1080p 3d Ready 600hz 4 Hdmi Ultra S , Samsung Pn58c8000 58 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page