PN58C8000 Pink Banding - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #241 of 248 Old 11-30-2015, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
No PDP Options?

Hey guys, I'm having the pink banding issue with the 3D 58inch Model and I've followed the directions to install the firmware upgrade from the mediafire site.

However, when I turn on Hotel Mode and I enter the Factory Service Menu (Mute+1+8+2+Power), I have no option for PDP Options. When I click on Control all I see are: EDID, Sub, Hotel, Shop, Sound, and Config.

On the main menu when I click on SVC, I see an option for "T-CON USB Download", however, it's greyed out and I'm not sure if that's the right button anyway.

Right now I have the firmware from the Samsung official page which is version 1035.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as it seems like the LOGIC.bin firmware seems to be doing the trick for some people and I would like to try this before I adjust the voltage.

Thanks all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 248 Old 12-01-2015, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Dead TV after Firmware upgrade

Tried the update with the 3D versions of the firmware. Now my TV turns on but the screen is black and does not respond. What could have happened and how can I get it back to working order? Samsung PN58C550

Help!!
post #243 of 248 Old 02-02-2016, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasbeau View Post
Tried the update with the 3D versions of the firmware. Now my TV turns on but the screen is black and does not respond. What could have happened and how can I get it back to working order? Samsung PN58C550

Help!!
i know this is an old thread but i tried the adjustement and didnt affect it in any way. what do i do now? pn51e550
post #244 of 248 Old 02-02-2016, 06:09 PM

still there

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasbeau View Post

Help!!
i know this is an old thread but i tried the adjustement and didnt affect it in any way. what do i do now? pn51e550
post #245 of 248 Old 02-13-2016, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I finally got around to taking the PN58C550 off of the wall to adjust the Vs pot. The banding had become pretty bad. My son-in-law helped me remove the back and monitor the progress. I turned the small screw about an 1/8" clockwise (factory setting was approx 11:00 position. Turned it to about 1:00. We had recorded a portion of a hockey game that had all white scenes to make the banding at it's worst. After the adjustment we watched the hockey video again.... no more purple/pink bands. It works. Hope it lasts for a while.
post #246 of 248 Old 02-14-2016, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rono7 View Post
I finally got around to taking the PN58C550 off of the wall to adjust the Vs pot. The banding had become pretty bad. My son-in-law helped me remove the back and monitor the progress. I turned the small screw about an 1/8" clockwise (factory setting was approx 11:00 position. Turned it to about 1:00. We had recorded a portion of a hockey game that had all white scenes to make the banding at it's worst. After the adjustment we watched the hockey video again.... no more purple/pink bands. It works. Hope it lasts for a while.
^^^ Made the adjustment on my PN63C590 nearly two years ago. It's been just fine ever since. Hopefully you will have similar luck.
post #247 of 248 Old 02-14-2016, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rono7 View Post
^^^ Made the adjustment on my PN63C590 nearly two years ago. It's been just fine ever since. Hopefully you will have similar luck.
post #248 of 248 Old 03-12-2016, 01:16 PM

Just wanted to post this since I have a PN58C8000YFXZA and after a panel replacement and voltage adjustment by Samsung back in Fall 2014, my TV started to exhibit the purple banding issue again. I was starting to accept this and just ride it out until the TV became totally crappy. Was still upset about it but after dealing with Samsung countless times about this TV, I was just ready to let it go.

Then I stumbled upon some updated info in this thread. I figured since I already had the voltage adjustment, I'd give the firmware update a try about an hour ago. Well, well, what do you know? It fixed my purple banding issue. Time will tell whether this is a long-term solution. I put up a bright white photo with some big colored boxes in the middle of the frame and there's absolutely no purple banding. Yay!

For those who are trying to piece together info about the firmware stuff, below is the summary of what I did to update it.
  • Download the firmware file from here: PN58C8000 Pink Banding. I believe it mentions the PN63C8000 but it worked for mine, which is PN58C8000YFXZA.
  • Rename the file to LOGIC.bin
  • Get a USB stick. Format in with Fat32. Create a folder called PDP_LOGIC at the root level and copy LOGIC.bin into this folder. **I used an old 8GB USB 2.0 stick FYI.
  • Insert the USB stick into USB port #1 on the TV while it's off. Then turn it on. (At least that's what I did. Not sure it makes a difference what port you use however)
  • Follow these steps: PN58C8000 Pink Banding. (There's a link to download an application from http://samsung.rainerullrich.de. I downloaded and used this application to access the TV's factory menu) . Download and upzip the application. This application allows you to connect to the TV via IP Address then go into the Factory Menu. That's the only purpose for this software. Since I didn't have a Harmony remote or anything like that, this was my best option. Goes without saying your TV needs to be connected to the network and your PC/laptop needs to be able to reach it via IP Address. If you are unsure about the German prompts/menu items, use Google Translate. That's what I did! Make sure you pay attention to your TV because you will have to press YES to allow for the software to remotely access it.
**Also, in order to get the PDP Options, follow the below instructions:
In the 'regular' service menu (mute-1-8-2-power):
Control > Hotel Option > Hotel Mode > ON
This will enable the 'PDP Options' and upgrade can be run as described in the service report without any hex codes, 3speed, harmony control, etc (just used the TV regular remote).

Enter the PDP Options menu. Towards the bottom, you will see the option for USB DL. (I think it might be the last menu item)

The TV will turn off and turn back on by itself.

That's about it.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn58c8000 58 3d Plasma Tv 16 9 Hdtv 1080p 58in Ws Plasma 1080p 3d Ready 600hz 4 Hdmi Ultra S , Samsung Pn58c8000 58 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

taboola here