TC-P42S60 Firmware Update Question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-19-2013, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Blokhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I just picked up a 42" S60 that was on sale Father's day at Sears. I changed some of the settings to the ones found here, but some options are not listed. I checked my firmware, and its 2205-10201. So, its version 2.205 correct? After searching on this thread I see that 2.206 is the latest. I've tried to update it manually, but it says that I have the latest version?......And, yes I am connected to the internet. Is there any other way to update the firmware?


Thanks,
Dean


Panasonic's Chat was no help. They said there was no new firmware for this. I'm not happy with the picture, but don't really want to return it just yet.
Blokhead is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 06-19-2013, 09:10 PM
Member
 
mrkdilkington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Were the settings you found for the ST60 or S60?
mrkdilkington is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 06-20-2013, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Blokhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkdilkington View Post

Were the settings you found for the ST60 or S60?

They were Fairchild's99's from the first page of the "Official Panasonic S60 Series Discussion Thread ".
On page 15 an 16 of the same thread people have posted that there versions are 2.206, even the S64 from Costco.

Is the 42" somehow different (other than size) from the other ones?
Blokhead is offline  
post #4 of 6 Old 06-20-2013, 07:43 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"
 
RandyWalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: El Segundo, Calif
Posts: 17,504
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blokhead View Post

Hello, I just picked up a 42" S60 that was on sale Father's day at Sears. I changed some of the settings to the ones found here, but some options are not listed. I checked my firmware, and its 2205-10201. So, its version 2.205 correct? After searching on this thread I see that 2.206 is the latest. I've tried to update it manually, but it says that I have the latest version?......And, yes I am connected to the internet. Is there any other way to update the firmware? Panasonic's Chat was no help. They said there was no new firmware for this. I'm not happy with the picture, but don't really want to return it just yet.

The firmware updates only pertain to the internet apps - they have nothing to do with picture settings or picture quality. When you check for updates, it will only update if there is a new version, otherwise it will just tell you you have the current version.

Whenever i set up a new Plasma the picture quality looks a bit "harsh" for the first several hours until the panel starts settling in. Give your panel about 300 hours to fully settle in then adjust the picture settings again and see how you like it. If you don't like the PQ of this S60, maybe you need to upgrade to a higher model that has better picture quality (ST60 or VT60)?

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
RandyWalters is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 06-22-2013, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Blokhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

The firmware updates only pertain to the internet apps - they have nothing to do with picture settings or picture quality. When you check for updates, it will only update if there is a new version, otherwise it will just tell you you have the current version.

Are you sure about that?

Just a quick search, and I find this; "The new version 1017.1 firmware update is well worth it. It dramatically improved my PQ. Mainly much better white balance." here http://www.avsforum.com/t/1474305/samsung-pnxxf4500-owners-thread/0_50


Granted its for aPNxxF4500, but its still a Samsung plasma.



Anybody out there with a 42" care to tell me what their firmware number is?
Blokhead is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 06-23-2013, 02:58 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"
 
RandyWalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: El Segundo, Calif
Posts: 17,504
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blokhead View Post

Are you sure about that?

Yes, i'm positive.

Quote:
Just a quick search, and I find this; "The new version 1017.1 firmware update is well worth it. It dramatically improved my PQ. Mainly much better white balance." here http://www.avsforum.com/t/1474305/samsung-pnxxf4500-owners-thread/0_50

Granted its for aPNxxF4500, but its still a Samsung plasma.

Wait, you posted above that you have a Panasonic (S60) so i presumed that you have a Panasonic. My reply about the firmware pertains to the Panasonic S60, not any of the Samsungs.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
RandyWalters is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P42s60
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off