Panasonic ZT60 and VT60 Fan/Fridge Noise Production Numbers - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #901 of 1454 Old 01-05-2014, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

How much energy does this TV uses?

Varies with screen size, but my 65ZT60 peaks over 500 watts and runs around 250-350 most of the time according to my UPS. I believe the 65 is rated to use over 650 watts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 1454 Old 01-05-2014, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosedizzel View Post

Also did some research on the buzzing noise that changes with brightness. Found that some of the screws are not tight which cause the buzzing now. Using locking washers on the screws fixes it. I'm gonna pull the panel off and see if this works. I'll report back once exactly what's wrong with mine.

Panasonic XYN3+F6FJ-18PK Screw Kit
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-XYN3-F6FJ-18PK-Screw-Kit/dp/B00ASCXSH2

oard

When I called to schedule my fan fix they noted there is also the vibrating board problem fixed with new screws. They are bringing both the fan/air flow fix as well as new screws. They said they have replaced "a ton" of screws from sets with the vibrating board. Tech said it varies with brightness as you have noted.
Terebi likes this.
post #903 of 1454 Old 01-05-2014, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post

When I called to schedule my fan fix they noted there is also the vibrating board problem fixed with new screws. They are bringing both the fan/air flow fix as well as new screws. They said they have replaced "a ton" of screws from sets with the vibrating board. Tech said it varies with brightness as you have noted.

Please report back whether or not the new screws decrease buzzing. Pics of the board would be nice too. smile.gif
post #904 of 1454 Old 01-05-2014, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

So I did some tinkering today with 5v 120mm fan. The good news it was whisper quiet. The bad news is when you disable th ebuilt in fans the TV knows it and puts warning on screen that there is a fan problem and the set may shut down. You can clear it, but not sure if it keeps coming back or not. now if I coudl figure out what voltage the internal fans ran at maybe I could drive the external fans with the internal connector, not sure if the tv will like that.
post #905 of 1454 Old 01-06-2014, 09:01 AM

Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluken View Post

So I did some tinkering today with 5v 120mm fan. The good news it was whisper quiet. The bad news is when you disable th ebuilt in fans the TV knows it and puts warning on screen that there is a fan problem and the set may shut down. You can clear it, but not sure if it keeps coming back or not. now if I coudl figure out what voltage the internal fans ran at maybe I could drive the external fans with the internal connector, not sure if the tv will like that.

The internal fans show 10V on the label.
post #906 of 1454 Old 01-06-2014, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrygeary View Post

The internal fans show 10V on the label.
Damn. Oh well, I wonder if the fan warning just comes up initially or keeps popping up. If just each time I turn TV on I may live with that. Even with all the foam I added I can still hear the whirring of the fan. Damn stupid design IMO. These 5V 120mm fans are so quiet and sure feel like they move more air that the built in fans.

Just order a few of these to go with the 120mm 5V fans and may try mounting these on back and remove internal fans. I already rigged up USB cable to pull 5V from the USB port to the 4 pin molex on the fan this way the fans would come on/off with TV.

Copyright Yahoo! Inc
post #907 of 1454 Old 01-06-2014, 03:09 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 275

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-L65WT600

NEW!

Panasonic 65" Class 4K Ultra HD TV (4K 60p Input)

Model: TC-L65WT600  $5,99999

http://shop.panasonic.com/promos/ces/tv.html?sc_sp=ces2014-adventure_top-nav_pcec_tv_01062014

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-58AX800U

They claim better than PLASMA do you buy it! I don't!

post #908 of 1454 Old 01-07-2014, 09:47 AM

Liked: 10
Ok... So as others have mentioned in this thread, this all makes me very paranoid! I just received my new P60ZT60 ordered through Best Buy online in the US. I received it on December 30th 2013. So I have had it just over a week.

I stumbled across this thread, so figured I would compare notes on what I have.

Turns out that Best Buy sent me a unit manufactured in April 2013 A007xx. I assume it has not had the foam fix, its a little loud but not terribly so... I will call and schedule a tech to check it out. It seems to be in perfect shape, packaging all looks new and complete.

What I am worried about is that they sent me one that may have been returned to them... and I may have problems that aren't apparent, or have problems down the road.

I checked the hours used, and it reads 50 hours. That may or may not be accurate, since we have been watching lots of tv due to bad weather, new years etc., hard to put an estimate on it.

Has anyone else purchased from BB lately? If so, what is your date? Thoughts on getting such an older build date? Thanks.
post #909 of 1454 Old 01-07-2014, 12:29 PM

Liked: 20
Why are my fans so laud?
LOL:eek:rolleyes.giftongue.gif
post #910 of 1454 Old 01-07-2014, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merccrazy View Post

Why are my fans so laud?
LOL:eek:rolleyes.giftongue.gif

Did you disable the internal fans or just mount those on the outside?
post #911 of 1454 Old 01-07-2014, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Called Panasonic to schedule the fan fix, got a case number, and an appointment with a local TV repair shop. Called the shop and they said they changed owner lately and are therefor still awaiting Panasonic to renew their license. Till that happens, they cannot fix my TV under warranty. Called Panasonic and told them. The guy could not find another shop in my area so he "elevated" the case and said a manager will be contacting me in the next 24 to 48 hours!!! mad.gif
post #912 of 1454 Old 01-07-2014, 04:07 PM

I received a July build 65VT60 and can hear the noise quite easily was hoping I'd not notice it. Called Panasonic today and tried to explain that they had a foam fix for it and that was what I needed to have a tech install but don't think the rep put that down, they said they would just schedule a tech to come out so hoping when they send the tech they will have the parts already on him. Anything in particular you guys said when you called in to get it fixed. I just told them I hear a humming and can notice from 10-15 ft away even, hope they will fix it and not just have a tech come out and listen to it and say its normal because we know its not the case!!!

Other than the fan noise and having a issue picking up a few of the cable channels which I fixed by factory resetting and doing another channel scan I really love the TV! Notice the improved picture quality right away. I'm coming from a old 50G10 so the size and improve picture quality are great so far..

I always have a plan.
post #913 of 1454 Old 01-07-2014, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 43
LOL -- I didn't realize the ZT60 was actually a TV kit smile.gif
post #914 of 1454 Old 01-07-2014, 05:00 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:

Did you disable the internal fans or just mount those on the outside?

No I just added the two outside ones today. I had them mounted over the vents below the two fans but did not remove the heat so I put them over the two fan outlets and it dropped the two hottest spots on the screen by another 4 degrees. I am down to 93 degrees in two very small spots. These are the hotspots that had the yellow blobs on my vt50. The two I mounted in the center I have had running for 1000 hours and those dropped the temp 10 degrees but I wanted to see if I can get the temp down even more. The fan setup has a nice mounting system that I will use once I can get someone to help me move the set out.
post #915 of 1454 Old 01-07-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCannon View Post

... Called Panasonic today and tried to explain that they had a foam fix for it and that was what I needed to have a tech install but don't think the rep put that down, they said they would just schedule a tech to come out so hoping when they send the tech they will have the parts already on him. Anything in particular you guys said when you called in to get it fixed. I just told them I hear a humming and can notice from 10-15 ft away even, hope they will fix it and not just have a tech come out and listen to it and say its normal because we know its not the case!!! ...

I just told the rep this model is known to have a fan issue that Panasonic is offering a fix for and that I would like that fix done. He started by asking me to disconnect everything the TV is connected to but I interrupted to promptly say that nothing is connected to my TV which is simply sitting on the floor running slides off of a USB stick. He immediately acknowledged that this is a known issue and proceeded to arrange for the appointment to do the job. Unfortunately, as I posted above (post #911) this still did not end up the way I wanted... Oh well.
post #916 of 1454 Old 01-07-2014, 05:21 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newztpa View Post

Ok... So as others have mentioned in this thread, this all makes me very paranoid! I just received my new P60ZT60 ordered through Best Buy online in the US. I received it on December 30th 2013. So I have had it just over a week.

I stumbled across this thread, so figured I would compare notes on what I have.

Turns out that Best Buy sent me a unit manufactured in April 2013 A007xx. I assume it has not had the foam fix, its a little loud but not terribly so... I will call and schedule a tech to check it out. It seems to be in perfect shape, packaging all looks new and complete.

What I am worried about is that they sent me one that may have been returned to them... and I may have problems that aren't apparent, or have problems down the road.

I checked the hours used, and it reads 50 hours. That may or may not be accurate, since we have been watching lots of tv due to bad weather, new years etc., hard to put an estimate on it.

Has anyone else purchased from BB lately? If so, what is your date? Thoughts on getting such an older build date? Thanks.

I just got a July build date from BB. I have an appointment for Thursday for the fix.

post #917 of 1454 Old 01-07-2014, 09:35 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCannon View Post

I received a July build 65VT60 and can hear the noise quite easily was hoping I'd not notice it. Called Panasonic today and tried to explain that they had a foam fix for it and that was what I needed to have a tech install but don't think the rep put that down, they said they would just schedule a tech to come out so hoping when they send the tech they will have the parts already on him. Anything in particular you guys said when you called in to get it fixed. I just told them I hear a humming and can notice from 10-15 ft away even, hope they will fix it and not just have a tech come out and listen to it and say its normal because we know its not the case!!!

Other than the fan noise and having a issue picking up a few of the cable channels which I fixed by factory resetting and doing another channel scan I really love the TV! Notice the improved picture quality right away. I'm coming from a old 50G10 so the size and improve picture quality are great so far..

I dunno if maybe a lot of people are calling for the fix so Panasonic is making it harder for folks to get the fix done. I had a very similar experience. I hope the tech shows up with the necessary parts for the fix and not have to schedule another appointment.
post #918 of 1454 Old 01-08-2014, 03:04 AM

Hi.

I live in the Netherlands, and also have the same issue. I have a 55vt60. Today the technician came to my place. He opened the TV and we both saw that the foam fix was already fixed in place. He then put in some thicker foam. But to my disappointment it didn't work at al. We the discovered, if we block half of the vent at the back, the noise almost disappeared. Now I put a big piece of foam on one half of the vent, blocking the air flow a bit. Did this on both vents. Now the noise level is a lot better. You can still hear it, but it only an airflow noise, and not the vibration of the backpanel.

Let's see if I can live with this setup.
post #919 of 1454 Old 01-08-2014, 03:54 AM
AVS Special Member

For those having issues getting the fan fix, if you are even reasonably handy you can do this yourself. I opted to do it myself since the tech missed the appointment and I wanted it resolved. There are about 40 screws around the back, then a few around where the connections are, 2 for the power plug and then one more in the bottom right center area.

You can pick up some weatherstrip similar to:

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Frost-King-E-O-3-4-in-x-7-16-in-High-Density-Rubber-Foam-Weatherstrip-R734H/100047977/

Also get 3 bags of this washer:

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-5-32-in-Black-Neoprene-Washers-4-Pieces-89168/202210298?keyword=597411#tab_productDescription

Remove the fans, be careful unplugging the connector it feels fragile. Place a layer of foam under where the edge of the fan would be. Depending on what foam you get you may have to layer it of once the fan is back place a second piece around the outer edge of the fan to seal the sides. The official directions are posted in this thread, but you put foam around 3 sides of the back left fan (looking at back) and one piece on back right fan. I also put one piece along top of center fan (ZT60) and added the washers to the fan. It made a bug difference, although I can still hear some noise and am debating disabling the fans and adding 5V 120mm external fans that I have rigged up. I am awaiting my 80-120 fan adapter to make a clean mount on the outside. I took my time and a break and was done in under an hour.
post #920 of 1454 Old 01-08-2014, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypherMK View Post

Hi.

I live in the Netherlands, and also have the same issue. I have a 55vt60. Today the technician came to my place. He opened the TV and we both saw that the foam fix was already fixed in place. He then put in some thicker foam. But to my disappointment it didn't work at al. We the discovered, if we block half of the vent at the back, the noise almost disappeared. Now I put a big piece of foam on one half of the vent, blocking the air flow a bit. Did this on both vents. Now the noise level is a lot better. You can still hear it, but it only an airflow noise, and not the vibration of the backpanel.

Let's see if I can live with this setup.

What's your TV's build date?
post #921 of 1454 Old 01-08-2014, 08:12 AM

Hi guys,

I posted this over in the ZT60 owners thread but realized I'd probably have a higher chance of a response here. Below is my post from that thread:
Quote:
Has anyone measured how loud their fans are on their ZT60? I decided to do that with everything off. I can hear the fans and my SPL meter set at dBA slow measured between 35-40 dB at 1 inch. Measuring a different areas around the room and noise level stayed about the same or lower.

For reference, 40 dB SPL is equivalent to a quiet library.

Granted I took this measurement after the TV has been on for about six hours of watching some HD shows I recorded.

Under normal usage, I don't hear the fans above the audio that is playing.

May anyone comment on this? FYI, my 65ZT60 is a December build.

Eric

My Stuff: Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 w/  Ideal-Lume Bias Lighting, Yamaha RX-V3800, Oppo BDP-103D

post #922 of 1454 Old 01-08-2014, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

To me I don;t care home many dB is it, if I can hear it then it is an issue. Our ears are more sensitive to different dBs are different frequencies, so a sound at a given HZ at the same dB dB will not be as noticable
post #923 of 1454 Old 01-08-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myared View Post

What's your TV's build date?

There was no build date on the back.
post #924 of 1454 Old 01-08-2014, 03:28 PM

One question about the foam fix. Do they have to put the foam between the fans and the back panel, or do they place it between the plasma panel and the fans (see post 158)?

mine were placed between the fans (on top) and the back panel
post #925 of 1454 Old 01-08-2014, 04:15 PM

Liked: 46
Quote:
Has anyone measured how loud their fans are on their ZT60? I decided to do that with everything off. I can hear the fans and my SPL meter set at dBA slow measured between 35-40 dB at 1 inch. Measuring a different areas around the room and noise level stayed about the same or lower.

For reference, 40 dB SPL is equivalent to a quiet library.

Granted I took this measurement after the TV has been on for about six hours of watching some HD shows I recorded.

Under normal usage, I don't hear the fans above the audio that is playing.

I just checked with an app on my phone. With normal noise in the house (heat, etc.), I get a level of 40dB. With all noise sources turned off, sitting 9 feet from the TV (65ZT60), with the TV on, I measure 26-27dB. When a white slide comes on, the buzzing causes an increase of maybe 1dB, but it isn't consistent and drops back to 26-27dB. Behind the set, about a foot from the fan, I get 37dB. An inch from the fan, I get 51dB. I can hear the fan and the buzz from my seat, but it is so small it doesn't bother me.
post #926 of 1454 Old 01-08-2014, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypherMK View Post

One question about the foam fix. Do they have to put the foam between the fans and the back panel, or do they place it between the plasma panel and the fans (see post 158)?

mine were placed between the fans (on top) and the back panel

That is the normal fan foam, the foam fix goes under the fan, all the sets have foam between fan and back panel.
post #927 of 1454 Old 01-08-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrygeary View Post

I just checked with an app on my phone. With normal noise in the house (heat, etc.), I get a level of 40dB. With all noise sources turned off, sitting 9 feet from the TV (65ZT60), with the TV on, I measure 26-27dB. When a white slide comes on, the buzzing causes an increase of maybe 1dB, but it isn't consistent and drops back to 26-27dB. Behind the set, about a foot from the fan, I get 37dB. An inch from the fan, I get 51dB. I can hear the fan and the buzz from my seat, but it is so small it doesn't bother me.

That sounds about right. With normal audio, I don't notice the slight buzzing or fan noise. When I play Blu-ray discs, I usually turn up the volume to be fully immersed so it completely drowns out any noise that may come from the TV. I just wanted to get some sort of reference from other owners since mine was a December build and the fan noise is a bit more noticeable when I finally got it mounted on the wall. I suspect that it is getting a bit warmer mounted Ideal-lume bias lights turned on.

Perhaps placing acoustic foam behind the TV will help absorb some of the sound from bouncing back from the wall?
Donat76 likes this.

Eric

My Stuff: Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 w/  Ideal-Lume Bias Lighting, Yamaha RX-V3800, Oppo BDP-103D

post #928 of 1454 Old 01-09-2014, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

I am trying to find a service parts listing for the 65ZT60 so I can find the part number for the fans. I want to order a few fans to have as spares before I start modding and disabling the current fans. Does anyone know where to get a parts manual? And also someplace that might sell them? Thanks.
post #929 of 1454 Old 01-09-2014, 04:06 PM

Liked: 17

May build on my newly received ZT60.  Yes, if I put my ear to the back of the set, I hear the fan running, but from about 5 feet away, I can't tell if I hear the fan or thr fridge or my clock or the heater or what. 

post #930 of 1454 Old 01-09-2014, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:

I am trying to find a service parts listing for the 65ZT60 so I can find the part number for the fans. I want to order a few fans to have as spares before I start modding and disabling the current fans. Does anyone know where to get a parts manual? And also someplace that might sell them? Thanks.

L6FAYYYG0016 / DC FAN MOTORS / 3 / PAVCA

Part Number / Description / Quantity / Remarks (I do not know what PAVCA means in remarks)

I bought the manual when I bought my ZT60, alas I returned it over the fan noise issue and was stuck with the service manual, troubleshooting guide (what all the blinks mean and troubleshooting flow charts). You can get the manual for $12.99 at www.Service-Manual.net and it has the full parts list, detailed troubleshooting and all kinds of info, schematics, block diagrams and pictures.

For anyone planning on hooking up other fans using the existing connection should take great care, the fan it hooked to a speed controller and a failure detection circuit (FAN_SOS), I would make sure what ever the feedback from the fan is matches, it is not just hooked to power. It is a 4 wire fan so it get the rpm's back from the fan.

larrygeary likes this.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page