Panasonic ZT60 and VT60 Fan/Fridge Noise Production Numbers - Page 51 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1501 of 1508 Old 09-05-2014, 03:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post
I'm probably going to take the back cover off this weekend,, I'm just going to add the washers, and the foam, then before i hang it on the wall, I will probably tape a piece of felt on the wall right it,hoping it might deaden the sound a bit. At this point, that is all I can really do, and if all that reduces the oscillating and overall fan noise by 50% I'd be ok with that..
Just be sure to put the back on properly again (I'll leave digging up the memos on how to do this in this thread as an exercise to those not on the verge of going to bed.)

I need to do the same, been noticing my still pretty much off the shelf fan noise a bit recently again, so should just get it over with and done. (Have the official fan fix foam, and the washers.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 1508 Old 09-06-2014, 12:35 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
Just be sure to put the back on properly again (I'll leave digging up the memos on how to do this in this thread as an exercise to those not on the verge of going to bed.)

I need to do the same, been noticing my still pretty much off the shelf fan noise a bit recently again, so should just get it over with and done. (Have the official fan fix foam, and the washers.)
I will.. thanks.. Looks as if it won't be done this weekend, as i went to the home depot and they literally had almost no foam strips in stock, and the few that were, were a weird size,.. I don't know how that place stays in business. I may need to order the foam strips from panasonic as you did, or something similar online..

Panasonic GT50 55"
Pansaonic VT60 60"
post #1503 of 1508 Old 09-12-2014, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post

After installing the foam and washers, I would have to agree with what the majority on here are saying, in that it reduced the fan noise by about 50%.. The way it is now, you have to be listening for it to really notice it where as before you would just hear it right away. I feel its acceptable now.. The rear panel is very easy to remove, i believe there are 43 screws in total that need to come off.. I did it while it was on the stand, and by myself.. I don't feel that you need 2 people to do it.. I used a couple of strips of blue painters tape at the top, so just in case when i removed all the screws the panel wouldn't come loose and fall., you can also use the tape to secure it a bit as you reinstall the rear panel.
fmalczewski likes this.

Panasonic GT50 55"
Pansaonic VT60 60"
post #1504 of 1508 Old 09-14-2014, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 46
If anyone is interested in cooling the panel, and doesn't have access to an infrared camera (and boy, are they expensive, even to rent!), you could try what I tried.

Cole Parmer carries 25-packs of little thermal strips: "Reusable 7-Point Horizontal Adhesive Temperature Label, 86-140F; 25/Pk EW-90308-30".

You stick these on the back in columns in the areas known to be hot, and can see the heat map directly just by looking at the back of the panel.

My system? Google for: Martin Logan 420 CLX Descent Stage Summit
post #1505 of 1508 Old 09-15-2014, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimshowalter View Post
If anyone is interested in cooling the panel, and doesn't have access to an infrared camera (and boy, are they expensive, even to rent!), you could try what I tried.

Cole Parmer carries 25-packs of little thermal strips: "Reusable 7-Point Horizontal Adhesive Temperature Label, 86-140F; 25/Pk EW-90308-30".

You stick these on the back in columns in the areas known to be hot, and can see the heat map directly just by looking at the back of the panel.
I can just feel which parts of the panel get the hottest with my hand, but how would you be able to cool it further?

Panasonic GT50 55"
Pansaonic VT60 60"
post #1506 of 1508 Old 09-25-2014, 12:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I must have really wanted to feel like it made a huge difference when I got the foam fix on my set 7 months ago... or forgotten how loud it was then. It has been driving me bonkers lately. I keep torturing myself by reading this thread every time I'm near smashing the stupid thing trying to figure out what I want to do.
post #1507 of 1508 Old 09-26-2014, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texuspete00 View Post
I must have really wanted to feel like it made a huge difference when I got the foam fix on my set 7 months ago... or forgotten how loud it was then. It has been driving me bonkers lately. I keep torturing myself by reading this thread every time I'm near smashing the stupid thing trying to figure out what I want to do.
some ppl here claim that covering a couple of rows of holes, make it quiet down..

Panasonic GT50 55"
Pansaonic VT60 60"
post #1508 of 1508 Old 10-08-2014, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My ZT60 didn't have any of the fan noise or other issues listed in the thread - I was a happy camper until 3 weeks ago. We moved to a new house - my "baby" was carefully stowed in it's original packaging and moved carefully to the new location. Alas, this is when the problems started. The set begun to emit plasma buzzing to an extent where you can here it when watching TV shows with normal volume from 8 feet away - it obviously gets louder the brighter the screen is. It definitely didn't buzz in my old house. I tried unplugging my surge protector like other people have suggested and plug the TV directly into the outlet but to no effect. I called Panasonic and got a repair guy assigned to case who showed up 2 days later. He checked all the screws on the boards (which seemed to have been an issue in the past) but they were all tight. He also checked the boards and concluded that it's the panel itself that creates the buzzing. He took a dB measurement with his iPhone - apparently with an app that Panasonic has approved - and the reading was 32dB with Standard settings and 34dB with THX Cinema 3 feet away. Unfortunately, these readings are below Panasonic's threshold for a warranty claim so there is nothing to do. I will try and do my own dB reading since the buzzing is so annoying that 34dB seems low to me - although the dB scale is always tricky to judge by. That being said, does anyone have any other ideas for reducing the plasma buzzing or am I stuck with this?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page