Panasonic ZT60 and VT60 Fan/Fridge Noise Production Numbers - Page 52 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #1531 of 1544 Old 10-31-2015, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Question Communication From The Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by merccrazy View Post
What he say????
My exact reaction, also.

But maybe he was just being too precise with all of his gibberish, and it's too sophisticated for me to understand.
Then again, NOT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 1544 Old 11-17-2015, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
my tc-p60vt60 has always had the humming noise that is audible when volume is kept low while watching tv. after 2 years I decided to have it fixed through my square trade warrantee. I explained the issue to square trade and was told they don't fix plasma TV's any longer and are going to replace my television with the Samsung un65js8500 and can keep my television. and they let you keep the old one but the warrantee transfers to the new one.

I guess ill try the foam fix myself and place the new tv in the basement.

I'm telling you people this because the issue might get real bad and you want have the OP to get it replaced. if you have square trade I would highly suggest you call them so you wont get stuck after the warrantee expires. be careful though, they tried to send a Samsung un60js7000 series. I immediately told them that tv is a piece of trash and was unacceptable. I recommended the js8500 or money back, it was their choice.
post #1533 of 1544 Old 11-17-2015, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by jociego View Post
my tc-p60vt60 has always had the humming noise that is audible when volume is kept low while watching tv. after 2 years I decided to have it fixed through my square trade warrantee. I explained the issue to square trade and was told they don't fix plasma TV's any longer and are going to replace my television with the Samsung un65js8500 and can keep my television. and they let you keep the old one but the warrantee transfers to the new one.

I guess ill try the foam fix myself and place the new tv in the basement.

I'm telling you people this because the issue might get real bad and you want have the OP to get it replaced. if you have square trade I would highly suggest you call them so you wont get stuck after the warrantee expires. be careful though, they tried to send a Samsung un60js7000 series. I immediately told them that tv is a piece of trash and was unacceptable. I recommended the js8500 or money back, it was their choice.
Can you clarify your post? Are you saying ST offered to replace your TV with a Samsung 65JS8500, they get your TV and then give you the balance of your warranty transfer toward the replacement TV? Or, are you say they are giving you a new set and you keep your old TV that has the fan noise issue?
post #1534 of 1544 Old 11-27-2015, 07:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Well after my fan fix/aboard replacement I took a flashlight to my screen and I have major micro cracks all over. I'm on the phone with geek squad. I guess all I need to know is what tv I should shoot for? I feel sick I just lost my ZT! I know they try to give people the lesser model but I'm up for a fight.
post #1535 of 1544 Old 11-27-2015, 09:10 PM
Advanced Member

Would it be fair to shoot for the 65EF9500?
post #1536 of 1544 Old 11-27-2015, 09:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanii19 View Post
Well after my fan fix/aboard replacement I took a flashlight to my screen and I have major micro cracks all over. I'm on the phone with geek squad. I guess all I need to know is what tv I should shoot for? I feel sick I just lost my ZT! I know they try to give people the lesser model but I'm up for a fight.
Thats a shame. I guess somebody didn't get the memo or technical bulletin in this case?
post #1537 of 1544 Old 11-27-2015, 09:30 PM
Advanced Member

I told them three times. They shrugged me off
post #1538 of 1544 Old 11-28-2015, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member

This is what I was going to try and fight for. What are your thoughts/suggestions?

What we want:
LG 65" EF9500
Tv mount OTW150
2 pairs of 3D glasses
Geek squad warranty (4years)

What we lost:
-We lost our pannasonic ZT60 65" tv $4099.99
-Our tv mount $100
-Our 3D glasses 4 pairs @ $80 each
-Our tv pen $79.99
-Our $500 calibration (Best Buy calibration sucks) *can provide receipt *
-The cost to mount the tv $150
-The cost to patch the old holes and paint our wall. $100
-All the frustration with scheduling and repairs broken tv and now swapping to a new tv.
post #1539 of 1544 Old 11-28-2015, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 322
That is one infuriatingly sad tech story.

Assuming it was GS that did the repair I do not know what BB policies are for what they may actually do when damaging a costumers product but for that foul up they definitely should accommodate you at a minimum of what you are suggesting.

Even though the 9500 still has some wrinkles to iron out it is currently the best alternative to replacing the ZT. There is bit of a panel lottery going but supposedly the newer builds are evidently more consistent in delivering the full potential of OLED.

Good luck,
KvE

Politics is like a corral, no matter where you are you'll always be shoveling it.
post #1540 of 1544 Old 11-28-2015, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Yea, if I do get the LG 65" EF9500, I will definitely try and get the newest serial number which from what I read, the serial number starts with 511.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMFDMvsEnya View Post
That is one infuriatingly sad tech story.

Assuming it was GS that did the repair I do not know what BB policies are for what they may actually do when damaging a costumers product but for that foul up they definitely should accommodate you at a minimum of what you are suggesting.

Even though the 9500 still has some wrinkles to iron out it is currently the best alternative to replacing the ZT. There is bit of a panel lottery going but supposedly the newer builds are evidently more consistent in delivering the full potential of OLED.

Good luck,
KvE
post #1541 of 1544 Old 11-29-2015, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yea, if I do get the LG 65" EF9500, I will definitely try and get the newest serial number which from what I read, the serial number starts with 511.
Why would they need to replace your mount? Or fix the holes in the wall? Couldn't you have reused the mount used with the ZT? Or is weight the reason?

I guess ask for the whole enchilada and see what you get.
post #1542 of 1544 Old 11-29-2015, 05:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaayoung View Post
Quote:
Why would they need to replace your mount? Or fix the holes in the wall? Couldn't you have reused the mount used with the ZT? Or is weight the reason?

I guess ask for the whole enchilada and see what you get.
The ef9500 used a different mount. I paid for the ZT mount and now it's unless with the ef9500. The holes in the wall, 1 hr of labor plus spackle, texture and paint because the new mount will utilize new holes. Yes I could do the work myself but that's not the point, it's the hassle and frustration of the whole ordeal. Because their incompetence, I should be put out? I don't think so. But, we will see. I don't have much confidence in best buys customer service.
post #1543 of 1544 Old 12-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Advanced Member

For those of you that had the micro cracks. Do they reimburse your warranty too?
post #1544 of 1544 Old 12-05-2015, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Good question and in the circumstance of when they damage the product I do not believe there is any process defined in the contract for this type of situation.

Frankly, they should include a new plan since it was not a failure of unit itself but damage inflicted upon by GS. If they were replacing the TV due to cracks arising of their own accord then the plan would have been categorized as fulfilled and you would have to purchase a new one for the replacement unit.

Assuming you have actually contacted the store from where you bought the ZT, the sooner the better, what has the GM said of how they will handle the situation?

Politics is like a corral, no matter where you are you'll always be shoveling it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page