AVS Forum

AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Plasma Flat Panel Displays (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-plasma-flat-panel-displays/)
-   -   Panasonic S60 /64 Calibration/settings(Blu ray /ps3) Features (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-plasma-flat-panel-displays/1479154-panasonic-s60-64-calibration-settings-blu-ray-ps3-features.html)

4top455 06-27-2013 10:00 AM

Hi ,
Hope to share opinions regarding different calibrations and settings everyone is using with their equipment to further enhance the S60/64.PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST FOR THE FOLLOWING ISSUES:
1) Blu ray pic settings versus S64 settings ...
2) Swipe & Share :Unable to make it work using iphone ...what gives?
3) Using fairchild's settigns with some minor tweaks....like nighttime picture but CATS keeps switching on ..(despite shutting it off in 2 places.What is the exact procedure to do that .?

Thanks

gelande 08-16-2013 03:59 PM

I just got a 65S64 and was about ready to take it back to Costco after 3 days of adjusting an still having a dark picture with CATS turned off and then I found the last item under setup which is other settings and when I clck on it I find the unit is in power saving mode which turns the brightness down to save power. I do not have a clue who would want this but turn it off and I instantly have a stunning picture.

Latinoheat 08-16-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelande View Post

I just got a 65S64 and was about ready to take it back to Costco after 3 days of adjusting an still having a dark picture with CATS turned off and then I found the last item under setup which is other settings and when I clck on it I find the unit is in power saving mode which turns the brightness down to save power. I do not have a clue who would want this but turn it off and I instantly have a stunning picture.

Good you found it, Gamma adjustment and panel brightness also play how bright it can go along with proper custom settings.

IDRick 08-16-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Mine is on order and has yet to arrive... What did you turn off? Will I find it if I read the manual? By your description, it sounds obscure...

gelande 08-17-2013 05:27 PM

Go to MENU/SETUP/OTHER SETTINGS/POWER SAVE / SELECT STANDARD
Fot cats problem MENU/SETTINGS/ECO/CATS/SELECT OFF
For cats also MENY/PICTURE/CATS SELECT OFF

IDRick 08-17-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Go to MENU/SETUP/OTHER SETTINGS/POWER SAVE / SELECT STANDARD
Fot cats problem MENU/SETTINGS/ECO/CATS/SELECT OFF
For cats also MENY/PICTURE/CATS SELECT OFF

Thanks!