How setup Samsung f8500 for pc input lag reduction - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 06-30-2013, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I recently got the pn64f8500 and love the picture, but do mind the lag. I've read that you can put in pc mode to cut in half by relabeling input to "PC". I think i'm doing it right, but can't find instructions how to do it, and how to verify.

Going by eye, it seems that it is not activating. fyi, if i bump joystick to side, screen starts moving almost after joystick at rest. When I put in game mode it seems slightly better.

Not sure how to put in PC mode, what i did, was press source button, then tools, then rename to PC. Now if I press source,tools, information, it usually says device type: hdmi1, name :PC and (1280x720 60 for ps3 and 1920x1080@60 for pc). (no special mode..... if in game mode, states it here)

Picture mode still in movie mode. no game mode active, all setting still changeable (which in game mode goes to standard and some settings greyed out)

So how to get this in PC mode and verify? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-30-2013, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnh View Post

So I recently got the pn64f8500 and love the picture, but do mind the lag. I've read that you can put in pc mode to cut in half by relabeling input to "PC". I think i'm doing it right, but can't find instructions how to do it, and how to verify.

Plug your game into whichever HDMI port you want. Press the "Source" button, switch to the port the game is on. Then press the "Tools" button and "Edit name" change the port to "PC" and you're all set.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-30-2013, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Just to verify, like I said in my original post, I did do that, and none of the menu items are greyed out (unlike game mode), and still it's still in movie mode.... and, it seems like, in my" human estimation" of reaction time nothing changed (joystick bump/visual delay).... something I need to do to initialize it? I can setup my laptop with hdmi out with "time test" to verify if someone wants.
post #4 of 8 Old 07-25-2013, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnh View Post

Just to verify, like I said in my original post, I did do that, and none of the menu items are greyed out (unlike game mode), and still it's still in movie mode.... and, it seems like, in my" human estimation" of reaction time nothing changed (joystick bump/visual delay).... something I need to do to initialize it? I can setup my laptop with hdmi out with "time test" to verify if someone wants.

any updates on this ? just got this TV and I want to make sure this works

thanks!
post #5 of 8 Old 07-25-2013, 02:44 PM

Liked: 26
Which HDMI input are you using on the TV to rename to PC?
post #6 of 8 Old 07-26-2013, 11:17 AM

I havent connect mine yet, but I was thinking of using the DVI input
post #7 of 8 Old 07-26-2013, 03:55 PM

Liked: 26
Well, it works for me.

I have a feeling you actually RENAMED it using the keyboard. All I did was select HDMI 2 (I didn't try the other ones but I assume they works fine), choose rename, the SCROLL down to PC. Do not EDIT your own name. I hope that helps.
post #8 of 8 Old 09-16-2013, 06:13 PM

Liked: 19
Seems you can't "change to pc" on HDMI PORT3. I was hoping I could run just one cable to my tv using the ARC function to my receiver
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f8500 60 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page