Samsung plasma (PN43D450) suddenly started showing huge artifact - AVS Forum
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Samsung plasma (PN43D450) suddenly started showing huge artifact
nikulogical's Avatar nikulogical 11:39 PM 07-11-2013
It's a thick static like bar on the right side of the screen. I checked all sources and ran the self diagnostic image. Fairly certain that its the TV. It's out of warranty too.

Any clue to what it is, how to fix? I'd rather do it myself or at least know what the problem is and what is necessary to fix before I get ripped off. It hasn't even been 2 years for this TV. Samsung told me to take it to their authorized repair shop near me. Will that be cheaper and safer than going with a local repairman.

Here are the pics: http://imgur.com/a/B3pVG

nikulogical's Avatar nikulogical 02:13 PM 07-12-2013
bump.

more pics http://imgur.com/a/CvNMG
Latinoheat's Avatar Latinoheat 02:28 PM 07-12-2013
Your tv is toast, you can try and repair it but it would probably cost you quite a bit. Your better off getting a new one and next time purchase extended warranty.
nikulogical's Avatar nikulogical 02:38 PM 07-12-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post

Your tv is toast, you can try and repair it but it would probably cost you quite a bit. Your better off getting a new one and next time purchase extended warranty.

So you know what is actually toast? The PDP?

I've owned many TVs in the past and this is the only one I've had issues with. I usually have to get rid of em because I want a new one. I have a Sony LCD from 2004ish still working great.

I'm trying to get Samsung to give me a one-time warranty repair since I seen others do it. Hopefully that works out.
maddigital's Avatar maddigital 03:36 PM 07-12-2013
Its either the panel.. something affecting the ribbon that controls that vertical section or the buffer . May be worth picking up the board that controls that section to see if that solves it.
spimm's Avatar spimm 04:36 PM 07-13-2013
You can always try adjusting the pots for voltages and the pots on the y sustain board to see if it clears up. If you find that its a board that needs replaced look for one on ebay or such. Look for caps with bulged tops, that is a common fault in samsung plasmas and from what I have read up on it seems easy to fix. If its the panel then its done, you can buy a new set for the price of a replacement panel or try to find one on craigslist for cheap to swap parts.
nikulogical's Avatar nikulogical 05:08 PM 07-16-2013
Ok WTF?!!? I just plugged the TV back in after having it unplugged for a couple days and its working fine now. :/

And yes I've tried replugging it to check before but this time I got lucky and now its fine.

Weird, could it be because of the heat?
Tags: Samsung Pn43d450 43 Inch 720p 600 Hz Plasma Hdtv Black
Up
Mobile  Desktop