This is a very strange comparison, I'll admit. I'm looking to buy a 60" plasma. Would have gone for the ST60 but don't want the high input lag (a story heard many times on this forum). So I was looking at last year's 60ST50 for $1600. But turns out Best Buy has a sale on the 60ZT60 for $2600. So here is the weird question, is the ZT60 $1000 better than last year's ST50?
Based on cnet reviews, here is how I summarize ZT is better:
• ZT60 has better picture overall, but particularly in a bright room
• ZT60 displays movies smoother (has 96HZ mode)
• ZT60 has better 3D performance
• ZT60 has more picture controls
• ZT60 looks better when off (not as chinsy)
If anyone has additional advantages please post them.
I guess it is really up to me to decide if this is worth $1000 difference. I had intended to spend less than $2000, but $2600 for the 60ZT60 sounds like a great deal...
What would you do?
Panasonic TC-P60ZT60 plasma panel
Sony BDP-S5500 Blu-ray player
Arris DCX3600-M DVR
Yamaha RX-V650 AVR
URC MX-780 remote control