Panasonis TX-P42ST30B Plasma TV half screen rainbow/line effect - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-13-2013, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I'm in need of some technical expertise because I don't have a great deal.

Last night I was watching TV on my TX-P42ST30B when the left half the screen went funny, I guessed it was the signal, opened up the TV menus, but the strange effect remained, and hasn't gone since. There was no warning, the TV had only been on four about 5 minutes so it shouldn't have over heated, and I didn't hear anything buzz or pop.

I've read that because it is an issue with half the screen it could be something to do with the D or C board. Also now the TV occasionally turns itself off with the red LED on the front repeatedly flashing (I count 14 times each time)

Anyway, here is a photo of what I'm talking about

I've opened it up and can't see anything obvious that could be causing it, capacitors all seem fine, all connections are in place. Now assuming that I could just replace one or two of the boards to fix it which would they be? If it is the D or C boards could you point out which ones they are. Here is a photo of the inside.

I bought the TV September last year manufacturer refurbished so doubt I could get any kind of free repair, and I expect any repair would cost almost as much as I paid for it so if I could do it myself that would be really great. Any help would really be appreciated biggrin.gif
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page