Panasonic TC-P60VT60 Closed Captioning Burn-In - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-20-2013, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My first post here - I'm not sure if this belongs in a better place - my apologies if it does.

I've had the Panasonic TC-P60VT60 for a few months now, and have just noticed what appear to be little reddish squares towards the bottom of the screen. After investigating, I'm pretty convinced it's come from the fact I watch a lot of Apple TV with closed captioning turned on. The little red "squares" are actually where the closed captioning letters have been appearing - and it's more pronounced in center and gradually clears up towards the edges (most closed captioning is centered). Two lines of the little red squares, too.

I wouldn't have thought closed captioning would do this - but it has. I can post photos, if it helps. It's fairly faint, but I've noticed it a few times recently and thought maybe it was just an effect in the show I was watching. Not so.

I've now turned off closed captioning, and will be using it as sparingly as possible going forward. Other than that, is there anything I can do to help remove the burn in? Do I use the screen wipe feature? If so, how long do I let that run? Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-20-2013, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 269
^^^^^

Relax, from what you are saying you don't have burn in you have image retention.

Yes run the screen wipe feature, if you want over night. However if you are not using CC anymore the image retention should clear up in a few days to a week without doing anything.

ss
post #3 of 3 Old 07-20-2013, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wonderful - thank you so much! I was a bit bummed that I may have ruined my new TV after only a few months - now I feel a lot better. Thanks again.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread