Can you please Recc'd a HDTV Calibrator - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-24-2013, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi after reading through so many settings it seems like its just best to get a calibrator and do this yourself for you ambient lighting and room. I'd like to buy a HDTV calibrator in the $150-200 range. Max $250 I guess if it is really good. Looking on amazon only thing I found is Datacolor Spyder4Pro or Spyder4elite. They are designed for Monitors which I'd like to use as well, but main reason for use will be HDTV. Says you can get a upgrade kit for TVs. Not sure how well this works. Can someone comment on this one or there something better that does the job.

The colors don't need to 100% right on accurate but if I can get in the 90~95% range I'll be very happy. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2013, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmi2002 View Post

Hi after reading through so many settings it seems like its just best to get a calibrator and do this yourself for you ambient lighting and room. I'd like to buy a HDTV calibrator in the $150-200 range. Max $250 I guess if it is really good. Looking on amazon only thing I found is Datacolor Spyder4Pro or Spyder4elite. They are designed for Monitors which I'd like to use as well, but main reason for use will be HDTV. Says you can get a upgrade kit for TVs. Not sure how well this works. Can someone comment on this one or there something better that does the job.

The colors don't need to 100% right on accurate but if I can get in the 90~95% range I'll be very happy. Thanks!

I have the Calman 5 Tutorial + C3 combo and it's worked great for me. You may want to ask in the Display Calibration forum.

Adjusting settings according to personal preference is not calibration.

Epson 5030UB, 100" Carada Criterion with Classic Cinema White, Denon AVR 1713, NHT Classic Twos, NHT Absolute Center, NHT SuperZeros, Klipsch SW-450, Oppo 103D