which plasma pansonic has no input lag or slow response time for xbox 360 gaming - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-26-2013, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently bought a cheap HDTV an i didnt know there was such thing as input lag but now i do, im wondering if anyone knows whats the best plasma pansonic HDTV my HDTV i have now ChangHong model LED39b2500ic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-26-2013, 06:41 PM

Liked: 35
If you're interested in high end the VT60 and ZT60 both score around 40ms using the newer testing methods (good for a TV). I've also heard that the S60 (budget model) is in the 30's, but I'm not sure what testing method was used on that one. The ST60 has the highest input lag of the Panasonics, which is unfortunate because from a picture quality perspective it's in the sweet spot for price/performance.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-26-2013, 10:00 PM

Liked: 26
The Panasonic S60 (or S64 at wholesale clubs like CostCo) is this year's fastest plasma at 34.1ms (measured with the Leo Bodnar lag tester, as well as some rough measurements from Rock Band 2 from a user on here).

Last year's U54 (and assumingly the U50) was measured at slightly faster at 27ms according to DisplayLag.com.

For reference, 16ms is roughly equal to one "frame" of lag (1/60th of a second). You wouldn't think it would be that noticeable but you'd be surprised how much a couple frames of lag or more can affect your gaming. I think for most people the S60 is likely an awesome gaming TV.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P60vt60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page