Question on IR/Burn-in - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-30-2013, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am considering purchasing a Panasonic TC-P55UT50 that has some burn-in. The price is very competitive, and I am wondering if there are any tips on getting rid of IR. I have heard that with enough time, any IR can be eliminated. Apparently, the IR on the TV is a Pandora logo from running the app. Would this be something that I could get rid of through slides? Any input is welcome. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-02-2013, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My VT50 developed IR at 11 months. I had opted for the extended service through Best Buy. I called them and eventually talked to a human that set me up with a panel replacement. Prior to this occurring I tried the built in options to relieve reduce the problem but it did not help. Mine was a local news channel logo, however there was also other things that could be seen when running the slides. Personally I would not buy the set at any price. Others may provide different opinions and I would not tell them not to. I would just hate to invest in something I planned on using for many years already knowing it had a "major" issue. IR can be dealt with and many people have good luck doing so. I did purchase the Disney WOW blue ray set and I do run the pixel fixer so I am hoping I will not have another issue with IR/burn in in the future.

Main System:
Panasonic - VIERA / TCP55VT50
Emotiva XPA-5 X-Ref 12 sub
Denon X4000
Oppo BDP 93
B & W N804 Mains, 603 Rear surrounds, LCR 600 Center, ASW 600 sub, B & W CDS6 S3 rear heights
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P55ut50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page