ST50 vs S64 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-31-2013, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
CLIFFS: Which of the two has better picture quality overall?

Hoping for opinions from someone that has been able to compare the two directly.

My current setup is an Onkyo HT-RC360 receiver, Polk Audio Series II (latest Polk subs, as they were far superior), 7.2 surround. And... a 24" Samsung P2450H monitor. I'm finally going to bite the bullet and buy a TV.

I do lots of gaming, primarily multiplayer twitch-shooters and retro games. Unfortunately, this threw out the option of getting an ST60.

My budget is $1500, and I'd like a 60" display. Right now I'm torn between the S60 and ST50. The living room does have four windows. The three that would be to the side of the TV are under an awning so only let sun in when it's low in the sky. The fourth is on the wall behind where the TV would be. So, there's not *too* much ambient light, and I could remedy the windows if they become a problem.

I understand the ST50 has the AR filter and the S60 does not. The ST50 also has double the gradation number, which from what I can tell matters with contrast and detail. I'd prefer to have 3D as an option, although I understand it's not that great, but it's not a requirement.

My major question is, which of the two would be preferred for overall picture quality?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-31-2013, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
The s64 sold at costco and sams club is similar to the s60 but includes a AR screen. You could get a 65s64 with your budget. Cnet was very positive about the pq of the s60's. see http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-tc-p42s60/4505-6482_7-35558334.html
post #3 of 3 Old 07-31-2013, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDRick View Post

The s64 sold at costco and sams club is similar to the s60 but includes a AR screen. You could get a 65s64 with your budget. Cnet was very positive about the pq of the s60's. see http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-tc-p42s60/4505-6482_7-35558334.html

Thanks. I was hoping to order from Amazon since we have the 24 months no interest thing and there's a baby on the way... But it's definitely been a consideration. Another plus to Costco/Sams is being able to pick it up and have a slightly lower bit of fear about shipping abuse...
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P60st50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic 60 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P60s60
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page