Replaced a Pioneer PDP-5020 with a Panasonic TC-60ZT60 - No more automatic aspect scaling? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-31-2013, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry for the n00b problem (or even if I'm not phrasing this correctly). We just had our ZT60 delivered and are in the process of getting everything setup. One issue that I ran into is with our old Pioneer plasma, it would automatically adjust the picture to remove the vertical banding in 4:3 video sources, but I'm only seeing manual methods of correction with the Panasonic set. Case in point is watching older TV shows via Netflix on an Xbox 360 and the vertical bands are present during playback (also via the native Netflix app on the TV). When playing on our Pioneer, the TV would take a second or two and then adjust the picture to remove the vertical bands. When the playback would stop and go back to the Xbox dashboard it would re-adjust the picture to 16:9. If this is simply not available as a feature on the TV, are there any AV receivers that perform this type of picture adjustment (currently using a Pioneer SC-05)?

Tags
Pioneer Pdp 5020fd 50 Inch 1080p Kuro Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv , Pioneer Sc05 Elite 7 1 Channel A V Receiver With Thx Select2 Plus