Strange audio issue with Panasonic plasma with sound bar and Comcast X1 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-31-2013, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So the Comcast installer just left and we are both bewildered. He just installed Xfinity X1 boxes in the house.

My living room has a 50" Panny model th-50px80u.
Sound bar is a Vizio SB4021M-A1
Sony Blu-ray player

I have quite new HDMI cables going from the blu-ray player and the Comcast box going to HDMI 1 and 2 in the back of the TV mounted on the wall. 1 optical out to the Vizio soundbar. Everything worked fine and dandy.

Comcast guy shows up with a new X1 box and we get it installed, and NO AUDIO. We check DVD and the sound bar audio is fine. We swapped cables, and DVD still works but no X1 audio. He replaces the box and same thing happens.

Just for giggles, we plug an HDMI cable into the port on the front panel of the TV (HDMI 3) and audio works just fine. WTF?? The 2 rear HDMI ports don't work with this new X1 device, but the front panel HDMI port does. This tells me there's some different configuration on the front HDMI port? Any idea what I can do here? I hate having an HDMI cable sticking out the front of my TV when I have such a clean install elsewhere. I can't live with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-31-2013, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 723
At the second fail did you reinstall the original box into the original hdmi port to see if that still works? Assume the new box was configured for audio properly?

post #3 of 3 Old 08-01-2013, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes.

Here is an odd thing. Last night I did a factory reset of my TV and I had audio from the cable box through HDMI 1. I thought my problem was solved. Turn everything off last night and come down today and turn everything on. No audio again via HDMI 1, but if I throw an HDMI cable from the cable box to HDMI 3, I get my audio back. WTF.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Th 50px80u 50 Inch 720p Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page