Pioneer Elite Voltages? - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 373 Old 09-15-2013, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Not to mention, this thread would have died weeks ago if no one gave any "failed" solutions/recommendations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 373 Old 09-15-2013, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by somelogin View Post

And you "should" realize you're not God and have no authority on what I "should" do. I am posting here because IF SOMEONE KNOWS how to fix it, it would be worth paying for it myself. But it's NOT worth paying hundreds of dollars for unknowns which will turn into dead ends just like every other suggestion anyone has made to me on here. You're playing with MY money, which is why it'[s so easy for you all to say to therow money on all thee ghunches that someone "may" fix it. If D-nice or some repair person KNEW they could fix it, then it's all dandy, but paying hundreds "in case" tey can because eyou people think it will be fixed would be flat dumb, as all of your other suggestions failed, when you just "knew" it was a settings issue.

Also, you should read my posts again. How can I look for a local solution involving the warranty, when I have posted time after time THERE IS NOT another local authorized repair person?
With that attitude they will be dead ends. I really doubt an estimate or two or a 'professional opinion' would cost hundreds of dollars. Get a diagnosis and submit it to your warranty company. Or get it fixed and take the warranty company to small claims court.
post #93 of 373 Old 09-16-2013, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Somelogin...

Hi presumably you have tried the low color - red - in the manual settings...

That's the ###### problem with the red tint and Pioneer's attitude towards the whole debacle.

It's easy enough for them to turn around and say well it must be a calibration issue (if you haven't attempted to calibrate - or have even the slightest inkling of wtf you are supposed to be doing).

Then that only leaves the option of hiring a professional calibrator - in my case with my last Kuro i had before this new 500M was my KRP-500A. I hired in the UK here Piers Clerk - only one of two people in the whole of the UK qualified to 'teach' ISF. The other being the Lumagen expert and main distributor Gordon Fraser i believe.

So Piers phoned Pioneer UK for me back at the end of 2011 and not even him saying this wasn't a calibration issue was unable to get anywhere except getting past the usual customer service ignorance crap. But the one engineer there said his hands were tied bla de bla. So i resorted to resetting myself and having the display calibrated a few months later.

But that's the thing - proving it's faulty - i can play with the red low control and bring in the tint in a 'similar' fashion as before with this 500M. But of course the difference being the tint goes again because it's not faulty - yet.

I am hoping if something does go amiss it happens before the end of next April when my warranty expires. But if it happens again i will know what to adjust to nip it in the bud so to speak before it spirals out of control (reset only).

But as we know there is "normal" red tint when calibration fixes it. And faulty driving red tint when it starts along the edges of the bezel and (predominantly) on the right hand side. The low controls or ISF can't fix that.

Something is either broken on the YSUS/drive board IMHO... Or... incorrect driving algorithms.
post #94 of 373 Old 09-18-2013, 05:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
No they aren't. Saying I "should" not post here is not trying to help me. lol Nor are the people who come in here and post sarcastic remarks such as when D0nice posted, someone saying thanks for "putting the thread to a rest" blah blah blah and your false claims that I "ignored advice". You'd think people who would come into my thread WOULD be wanting to help, but nope, people who can easily not open it come in ehre trolling and talking about how annoying the thread is, which they have zero need to even be opening to read. smile.gif

I can't get money back on the warranty because they checked it, switched something out, and falsely claimed it is behaving properly, so it's already cost the warranty peeps more than I paid for it, thus I could not get a refund on it. All for nothing, since they didn't fix anything. Apparently I'm going to have to be unhappy with a tv for years until I get an OLED, since nobody wants to help me with this one.
post #95 of 373 Old 09-18-2013, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Somelogin

1) Hire D-Nice , he may or may not be able to correct your display ,

2) Get a " Free" service manual and a tool like controlcal and make adjustments your self ,see info in red tint thread , this may or may not correct your display .

3) do nothing ,this will not correct your display .
post #96 of 373 Old 09-20-2013, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

4. Wait for someone competent to notice this thread and have an idea of what to do. No point in risking a ton of money just because doing nothing won't fix it either.
post #97 of 373 Old 09-20-2013, 09:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 89
5 ) Good Luck ,you are going to need it smile.gif
vinnie97 likes this.
post #98 of 373 Old 09-20-2013, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

post #99 of 373 Old 09-20-2013, 07:01 PM

Liked: 10
I am not understanding why this hasn't been posted even in the red tint thread. There needs to be an exact step by step process to access the service menu and makes adjustments for those that have the red tint, it should also be noted at your own risk. I have yet to see any step by step as I have been searching non stop.
IE" it should say
press this on the remote or enter this code into control cal
hit send etc...

It seems to be simplified . If we all brick our tv's then we deal with it like adults and move on. I feel the frustration for the OP.
post #100 of 373 Old 09-21-2013, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Code:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo22 View Post

I am not understanding why this hasn't been posted even in the red tint thread. There needs to be an exact step by step process to access the service menu and makes adjustments for those that have the red tint, it should also be noted at your own risk. I have yet to see any step by step as I have been searching non stop.
IE" it should say
press this on the remote or enter this code into control cal
hit send etc...

It seems to be simplified . If we all brick our tv's then we deal with it like adults and move on. I feel the frustration for the OP.

Stop it - another rational member just trying to help one who isn't rolleyes.gif
post #101 of 373 Old 09-22-2013, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter

If aia felt like it, onlty three or four more people whose posts I should be reporting as theyd id the usual and came in here just to post sarcastic remarks and roll eyes smileys.

Thanks neo. You're one of like two or three people in the whole thread who actually posts about something rather than posting insults and getting mad that I dare refrain from paying $1,000 of my own money just on a whim, with no evidence it would fix anything. lol They're oh so generous with other people's money. If this were their tv there is NOW AY they would go pay $400 for a calibration. lmao. Even someone with zero tv knowledge would be able to see how ridiculously gray the blacks are on this and wouldn't think a calibration is going to fix it. EVEN IN TORCH MODE, about every tv on the MARKET has darker blacks than this one does in ISF modes with D0nice settings. But paying $400 for a snake oil attempt at fixing it sure is the right things to do. haha.

Anyway, as to why I haven't posted it in the red tint one, it's not the red tint issue, I haven't noticed that thread, and I figured as clear as I made the title, anyone with knowledge will see it and post in it. If they se it and don't post in here they would not be interested in helping. At least you're sane and know how someone with these issues would feel, unlike the people being rude and acting like I should shut up, as if they would be happy with a broken tv. Plus half of these people who claim to be helping me keep putting me down constantly and making fun of me (implying I'm an idiot) for even buying it to begin with Real helpful, indeed.
post #102 of 373 Old 09-22-2013, 08:36 AM

Well, you get what you give, capiche? wink.gif
Quote:
Even someone with zero tv knowledge would be able to see how ridiculously gray the blacks are on this
Didn't you say the repair technician felt your Kuro's black levels were normal? tongue.gif
post #103 of 373 Old 09-22-2013, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If aia felt like it, onlty three or four more people whose posts I should be reporting as theyd id the usual and came in here just to post sarcastic remarks and roll eyes smileys...
I'm sorry, but that sentence makes no sense whatsoever. Neither does it make sense that you can't post a picture of the problem or are unwilling to spend fifty dollars or so for an estimate of what might be wrong. Someone suggesting you look at the red tint thread gets dismissed by you as being an idiot. The same reaction you have to the suggestion that you find the repair manual and attempt to learn for yourself what is wrong with your TV. That sort of reaction from you leaves us little choice but to
Quote:
post sarcastic remarks and roll eyes smileys...

EDIT: Here's an example of a post showing too much brightness at idle:
post #104 of 373 Old 09-22-2013, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

yeah and that's about how it is only I bet mine is worse than that pic.

Nobody, said read that thread. They asked why I didn't post in it and I answered why. So are you saying that elite owners are too stupid to guess what this thread is about when reading the title? Anyone who can help would see this title and post in here, so I'm sure there will be nobody who can help in the other threads.

Vinnie, yeah THEY have been rude all along. You're getting the order mixed up. And yes the technician said that, which shows that the place is incompetent. I was using an old LCD and thought the blacks looked mighty deep considering it was an LCD. Couldn't believe a kuro elite could have WORSE black levels than my old LCD. It sucks I may never know the quality of a true elite. The closest I've had were the ST50 and HX929. The ST50 is still in my mind to where when I watch a movie on this one I think to myself wow so much is good about this tv that I would be so happy if the black levels were right. I can basically SEE how the good black levels would affect it because it's so in my mind. On this one the colors seem all faded out.

Also yeah I sure said I refuse to pay $50..... In reality, the ONLY people who said they would SEE if they could fix it are calibrators and in BOTH cases I would be out over $200 minimum even if they can't fix it. And I GUARANTEE you they can't come CLOSE to fixing it. People acting like I know nothing about tvs or settings. This cannot be fixed by any settings UNLESS it's voltage settigns and I think that's 1% likely to work.
post #105 of 373 Old 09-22-2013, 04:30 PM

Liked: 12
I mean this with the utmost respect and in the kindest way possible, but would you please help me understand why it appears you feel the AVS membership is obligated, in some way, to either fix or to help you fix your display?

It is quite possible that no one on AVS knows how to fix your display or that someone on AVS knows how to fix your display and is not going to tell you how, for whatever reason. Since the AVS membership doesn't have a fiduciary duty to fix or to help you fix your display, either one of these scenarios is both possible and reasonable. It appears, that after this length of time, this is something you are going to have to accept, as disappointing as it may seem.

I would think the fight and the effort should not be with the AVS membership and should, instead, be with the extended warranty company since they do have a fiduciary duty to you. Often, it is not easy dealing with insurance companies and it has been my experience that tenacity and explicit documentation are required to produce positive results and resolve issues.

I sincerely hope you get your display fixed because, when working properly, they truly are exceptional.

Best of luck.
post #106 of 373 Old 09-22-2013, 06:37 PM

Liked: 10
Pioneer's own web site seems to say the closest authorized Elite repair place is in Kansas

VISION VIDEO LABS, INC. 1017 DOWNING AVENUE
HAYS , KS 67601
US
(785) 625-8403
post #107 of 373 Old 09-22-2013, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Please report me - like many others I tried to help only to be dismissed - rudely I may add - by you since my input wasn't that simple magic easy no cost solution to a problem no one including a tech says exists - ex you who refuses to post a picture as asked by many because you say it doesn't look right. Assuming it is voltages then you have only one option if you choose to not to pursue your warranty company - hire DNice - but I have my doubts he would help you given your behavior the last few months.

Pretty basic and no rolling eyes. You can keep complaining - my money is on that one - take the suggestions above and/or those offered on the other threads where you've posted your problem. Good luck.
post #108 of 373 Old 09-23-2013, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Nope, I have been rude only if someone had been rude first. I am never rude to anyone who is not rude.

cj, all I've said is SOMEONE on this site is bound to know how I could get this fixed. Surely it's not impossible to fix a tv. If the problem is ANYTHING other than the panel itself, it can be fixed. But how is arguing with the warranty company going to do anything? They can't force a technician to admit the truth about my tv. And it's not their fault that almost nobody is authorized. The problem lies with Pioneer, who won't even help at all by even suggesting what to do. And they also got lazy on their final elites, according to many here, and sent out a bunch of bad panels, because they didn't give a crap. Mine "should" nbot be one of them, as it was manufactured in 2008, but either way Pioneer doesn't seem to care. Normally you don't need a warranty for someone to suggest help...
post #109 of 373 Old 09-23-2013, 12:22 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Nope, I have been rude only if someone had been rude first. I am never rude to anyone who is not rude.

cj, all I've said is SOMEONE on this site is bound to know how I could get this fixed. Surely it's not impossible to fix a tv. If the problem is ANYTHING other than the panel itself, it can be fixed. But how is arguing with the warranty company going to do anything? They can't force a technician to admit the truth about my tv. And it's not their fault that almost nobody is authorized. The problem lies with Pioneer, who won't even help at all by even suggesting what to do. And they also got lazy on their final elites, according to many here, and sent out a bunch of bad panels, because they didn't give a crap. Mine "should" nbot be one of them, as it was manufactured in 2008, but either way Pioneer doesn't seem to care. Normally you don't need a warranty for someone to suggest help...

I totally agree with you. It is very well possible that someone on this site may know how to fix your panel.

The point I was making in my previous post is that, for whatever reason, the longer this goes on at AVS the more apparent it is that if there is someone who definitively knows how to fix your panel, they are not going to tell you. For example, if I knew how to fix your panel I would be more than happy to try and help you, but not everyone may feel the same way as I do and there is nothing wrong with that since no AVS member is obligated to help you.

You tried to get the problem with your panel resolved with the help of the AVS membership, which is perfectly acceptable and reasonable but, unfortunately, to date this has not worked. Obviously you are free to keep trying to get this resolved through AVS, but it appears after all this time your best hope of getting your issue resolved may be with your extended warranty company since they have a fiduciary duty to you.

I am not suggesting arguing with the extended warranty company, but documenting every interaction you have with them and providing them with quantifiable proof that your display is not functioning correctly. For example, you have stated the problem with your display is an elevated black level. Fortunately, this is not subjective. So, what exactly is the MLL of your panel in fl.? For your panel it should be approx. .001 fl. If your panel is .01 fl., for example, it would clearly be operating out of spec. and this is evidence that you should provide to your warranty company to support your position that your panel is defective. You need to know what exactly is the MLL of your display and there are numerous posts on AVS that will tell you what equipment you need to do this yourself or who you can hire to do it for you.

Make no mistake, I am not suggesting this whole process of dealing with the extended warranty company (which is just an insurance company) to get your panel fixed (or replaced/paid out) is going to be easy (or successful) and it is probably going to require time, money and effort on your part. But, ultimately, only you can decide if it is worth it because I don't think this is something anyone else is going to do for you.
vinnie97 likes this.
post #110 of 373 Old 09-23-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbonacci View Post

I am not suggesting arguing with the extended warranty company, but documenting every interaction you have with them and providing them with quantifiable proof that your display is not functioning correctly. For example, you have stated the problem with your display is an elevated black level. Fortunately, this is not subjective. So, what exactly is the MLL of your panel in fl.? For your panel it should be approx. .001 fl. If your panel is .01 fl., for example, it would clearly be operating out of spec. and this is evidence that you should provide to your warranty company to support your position that your panel needs to be fixed. You need to know what exactly is the MLL of your display and there are numerous posts on AVS that will tell you what equipment you need to do this yourself or who you can hire to do it for you.
Bravo. This will require a colorimeter or a visit from a reliable calibrator (for a rudimentary fee, $50?) with sufficient equipment that can measure low enough. It's a positive first step that should be taken when looking to take advantage of one's warranty given the failure of their contracted technician to do it.
post #111 of 373 Old 09-24-2013, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

I already posted what their fee is. MORE than $200. No dice on that, unless I get to the point where I know I will keep this tv even being faulty.

I am all confused though. I went to a Best Buy and looked at the zt60 and it was not remotely impressive and blacks did not look good. So I am wondering if my vision is being weird r if they just dumbly had bad settings. They also had some 4k tvs and the Samsung looked amazing, but the sony looked horrible. Probably content or settings, I guess.

What I want is the LG OLED, but unless someone just wants to buy me one, that option is out too.
post #112 of 373 Old 09-24-2013, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

So how do you expect this to get fixed if you are unwilling to spend any money on something that may result in a fix? Trying to understand what any of us can do to help since there is no Elite fairy that I know of. As you know the blacks on the ZT are similar to the Elites - store environment not always the place to judge a display smile.gif doubt it's your vision and let me know if you find someone to give you that OLED.
post #113 of 373 Old 09-24-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:

I already posted what their fee is. MORE than $200. No dice on that, unless I get to the point where I know I will keep this tv even being faulty.

I am all confused though. I went to a Best Buy and looked at the zt60 and it was not remotely impressive and blacks did not look good. So I am wondering if my vision is being weird r if they just dumbly had bad settings. They also had some 4k tvs and the Samsung looked amazing, but the sony looked horrible. Probably content or settings, I guess..
That's odd. Try getting access to the remote if you can. Failing that (or in addition to that), look for another demo. The black levels on a (functioning) 111FD are equitable with the ZT60.
post #114 of 373 Old 09-25-2013, 02:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Any opportunity whatsoever to "promote" Panasonic on a Pioneer thread - if i didn't know better i could swear you were working for Panasonic display sales division.

You are determined for reasons only beknown to yourself i will give you that lol.

Although i'm sure the only person you are convincing is you.

wink.gif
post #115 of 373 Old 09-25-2013, 09:48 AM

Are you stalking me? Go away (much to your chagrin, my opinion is in no way isolated). Secondly, there was no sales pitch. I've had the f*cking things in question in my possession side-by-side and know what they're capable of.

Second, you can't buy a new Kuro anymore. This thread is a prime example of the pitfalls of buying used sight unseen.

Third, still waiting for your evidence that HDTVTest, Scott Wilkinson, CNET, SoundAndVision, and Reviewed.com are receiving Panasonic kickbacks due to making similar equitable claims.
post #116 of 373 Old 09-25-2013, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu03 View Post

Any opportunity whatsoever to "promote" Panasonic on a Pioneer thread - if i didn't know better i could swear you were working for Panasonic display sales division.

You are determined for reasons only beknown to yourself i will give you that lol.

Although i'm sure the only person you are convincing is you.

wink.gif

I am another forum member (there a a bunch of us by the way if you read the VT/ZT threads - not just Vinnie) who has actually had both in their own home for an extended period of time (9G Kuro 4+ yrs; VT for a little over 4 months) and I can say without reading a review that the mighty Kuro has company. My claim is also based on my conversation with DNice who I was lucky enough to get to calibrate both displays for me. The only one who is obviously seeking to validate their purchase is you. Still trying to understand why on a forum of A/V enthusiasts a company finally producing a product of this quality is such a bad thing to a select few. Cheers and keep enjoying the 500m. Time to get back on topic.
post #117 of 373 Old 09-26-2013, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Nice to know lol.

But the thing is this crap about drumming Panasonic on Kuro/Pioneer threads - stinks of purchase validation - why...

Because of the sad need to be repetitive of a brand on a thread nothing to do with the topic or manufacturer - thread name - or conversation.

Get it ?.

Good,

Back on topic...
post #118 of 373 Old 09-26-2013, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I am all confused though. I went to a Best Buy and looked at the zt60 and it was not remotely impressive and blacks did not look good. So I am wondering if my vision is being weird r if they just dumbly had bad settings. They also had some 4k tvs and the Samsung looked amazing, but the sony looked horrible. Probably content or settings, I guess.

What I want is the LG OLED, but unless someone just wants to buy me one, that option is out too.

Sounds about right...

It's unfortunate your Kuro isn't behaving like well... KURO... And having owned a Kuro in the past not up to scratch i know what it feels like (sort of - red tinted mine was). I hope you find a solution. But don't waste your money on a (overly) hyped plasma and turn into one of them who feel full of regret and have to constantly justify their chosen manufacturer on threads and topics nothing whatsoever to do with the subject smile.gif

Save the pennies up and buy OLED instead wink.gif
post #119 of 373 Old 09-26-2013, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

You bring one word to mind - another word for a donkey.

Display was mentioned as an alternative given you can't buy a new Kuro (for less than a OLED these days). I would also suggest a Samsung 8500 but the Panny's have better blacks (slightly) and that seems to be important to him. I am sure given his reluctance to spend $200 he will want to spend thousands on a still evolving technology, plus it seems like he needs a replacement short of his Elite curing itself or his warranty company doing what they should.
post #120 of 373 Old 09-26-2013, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member

How about this then - this isn't one word but a question.

W T F has a poxy Panasonic have to do with Pioneer Elite voltages ?

Clown.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Elite Vsx 32 , Pioneer Elite Vsx 70 , Pioneer Elite Sc 72 , Sony Bravia Xbr65hx929 65 Inch 1080p 3d Local Dimming Led Hdtv With Built In Wifi Black , Panasonic Viera Tc P65st50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P42st30 42 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Sony Bravia Xbr46hx929 46 Inch 3d Local Dimming Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page