Is my pixel stuck or dead? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-05-2013, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just received my new VT60 and I have been running slides for the past week, and I found a single stuck/dead pixel. I noticed a few days ago that on slides that are not white (red, blue, green), the pixel I am referring to is black. However on white slides, the pixel is multicolored (as you move your head around the pixel, it changes colors), and is not black.

Either way this is not a big enough deal for me to return the set, as it is just one pixel. But I am curious as to why the pixel is acting this way; why is it black on all colors but white? Is it dead or stuck, and can I expect it to maybe correct itself down the road?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 12:58 PM

Liked: 17
Sounds like the pixel (cell?) is just defective and not getting as much power as the others?

On a white screen, it'd get a bit more electricity sent its way so is probably somewhat displaying.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorsher View Post

Sounds like the pixel (cell?) is just defective and not getting as much power as the others?

On a white screen, it'd get a bit more electricity sent its way so is probably somewhat displaying.

Interesting, that does make sense. Do you think this can be self-corrected?
Old 08-05-2013, 01:06 PM

That, I have no idea. Looking at other comments on similar issues it seems like there's a possibility but who knows.

I can tell you that the manufacturer is unlikely to replace it due to one defective pixel. Usually, manufacturers require a certain number of dead/stuck pixels to replace them, and it depends on where they are and even what color.

You're a lot more relaxed about it than I would be. I've had displays with a stuck pixel and once I saw it, it always drew my attention and bugged me.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorsher View Post

That, I have no idea. Looking at other comments on similar issues it seems like there's a possibility but who knows.

I can tell you that the manufacturer is unlikely to replace it due to one defective pixel. Usually, manufacturers require a certain number of dead/stuck pixels to replace them, and it depends on where they are and even what color.

You're a lot more relaxed about it than I would be. I've had displays with a stuck pixel and once I saw it, it always drew my attention and bugged me.

Dead/stuck pixels are not uncommon. And I can't see it from where I'm sitting, so I don't mind it.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:17 PM

Yup. I used to work at LG Electronics where, among other things, they refurbished LCD/Plasma TVs/monitors. I forget how they did the grading, but I did score a lot of awesome refurbs for great prices, back then wink.gif