I just got a TC-P42S60 and I'm new to smart tv's and have a question about netflix - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-06-2013, 01:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys is it normal for other video settings to be disabled or not show up when using the netflix app built into the television. I'm wondering because I'm watching American Dad before it was widescreen so I have two black bars on the side and don't have an option to make the side black bars light grey or stretch the screen... will this hurt my new plasma?

Also I have pixel orbiter set to "on", when the only other option is "auto," is "on" the best option for keeping the screen from burning?

Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2013, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboom91 View Post

Hey guys is it normal for other video settings to be disabled or not show up when using the netflix app built into the television. I'm wondering because I'm watching American Dad before it was widescreen so I have two black bars on the side and don't have an option to make the side black bars light grey or stretch the screen... will this hurt my new plasma?

Also I have pixel orbiter set to "on", when the only other option is "auto," is "on" the best option for keeping the screen from burning?

Thanks guys.

I personally would not run anything but full screen material that has no logos for the first 100 hours. Others say you no longer need to burn in a plasma, but I believe it will greatly reduce the chance of any permanent image retention down the road. Think plasma like a ton of tiny candles. When you first light the candle, it will burn fast and bright. Over time it will dim a little and burn much slower. If some candles are burning at a different rate then the others, you will have temporary or possibly (not very likely) permanent image retention.
jboom91 likes this.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I have another question hopefully if someone sees this thread. This tv is smart and has built in wi-fi, yet I cannot get it to connect to my hidden network. I enter in the name manually and say that its open and then the tv will not connect, I cannot find anywhere on the internet where people mention connecting smart tv's to hidden wi-fi networks, is it even possible?
Old 08-07-2013, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboom91 View Post

I have another question hopefully if someone sees this thread. This tv is smart and has built in wi-fi, yet I cannot get it to connect to my hidden network. I enter in the name manually and say that its open and then the tv will not connect, I cannot find anywhere on the internet where people mention connecting smart tv's to hidden wi-fi networks, is it even possible?

Maybe it's something you have to do on your router to make it visible or whatever.
jboom91 likes this.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:29 AM

Liked: 17
Why do you have hidden SSID? It's pretty much useless as far as security. Show the SSID, and use WPA2 encryption.

What I'd suggest, if you really want to avoid that, is to make the network visible long enough to test the connection. If it works, you'll know the TV doesn't handle hidden networks too well smile.gif
jboom91 likes this.

Tags
Panasonic 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P42s60
Gear in this thread