anyone still prefer their Kuro to the VT60? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 34 Old 08-20-2013, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Still happy with my kuro. I know it's not a fair comparison but I checked out a VT at a local electronics store and wasn't blown away or convinced the pq was at or better than my set. Only reason I'd ditch the kuro is to get into a bigger screen at this point.

Pioneer Elite 111FD
Pioneer 4280HD
Pioneer VSX-1021K
PS3 Slim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 08-20-2013, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Having had both (ZT & 151FD) side by side I could take either display, although I still think the Kuro is still a slightly better all around (PQ wise) display. It's a just more versatile in different lighting environments.

Now the funny thing is the Panasonic insider also believes the Kuro's are still superior. He still has his Kuros and said recently in comparison to 4K OLED: "Well I'd say the kuro is the pinnacle of current hd technology."

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
Sharp Elite 70X5FD
Oppo BDP-103D
Pioneer Elite SC-07, SC-05 Receivers
Martin Logan Ascents
Rotel RMB 985MKII
NHT VT-2.4 Surround System
Velodyne DD-18 Pair
post #33 of 34 Old 08-20-2013, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 209
The only thing I like better about the current Pannys is the extra 5 inches. I will keep my 141, especially after D Nice lowered the blacks. The image is still superb. The reddish blacks have been eliminated as well. The good news is that should the 141 go on the fritz, I would be more than happy with either the VT or ZT which are both superb sets and more than able to tide me over to the days of an affordable 70 inch OLED. In fact, they come up just a hair short of the 141, they are THAT good.
post #34 of 34 Old 08-20-2013, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
^I couldn't imagine updowngrading grading with a black level that deep (0.0004 or lower fTL, I imagine). smile.gif Next stop for you (and me!): OLED

Mixdoc's comments about more versatility in bright room conditions are also sound and would be another reason to not let go of a 141FD/151FD/6020FD. 90% of my viewing is in a theater-like setting (lights low or off) and I am enjoying a 69% increase in screen size, so the upgrade to a ZT has not made me want for what I gave up.

As I gawk and cringe at those OLED prices over the next several years, I can only hope similar black level enhancement tricks are discovered for Panasonic's panels in the meantime.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page