65" S60 or 60" ST60 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-26-2013, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well, I'm sure this must have been asked quite a few times before but searching the forum I couldn't seem to find a "definitive" answer. So sorry in advance if I'm beating a dead horse with this one.

I am moving into a new condo where I will unfortunately have to give up my trusty Viewsonic Pro8100, front LCD projector, 92" screen. I used to live in a constant dark living room but the wife would not be too thrilled about moving in a brand new house with no natural light at all, can't blame her wink.gif

Long story short, I've been researching what would be the best TV for us and I believe that Panasonic's 2013 lineup is hard to beat. Since it is an open space concept condo, their will be some ambient light. We plan on having dimmable lighting and while there are windows, we can control the incoming light.

We don't watch any cable TV: Our content will be 100% streamed from my desktop via HDMI or, occasionally through our PS3 for bluray playback.

We have absolutely no need for "smart Tv" features but I guess that is now a standard thing. 3D is a nice to have but certainly not something I'd want to pay extra for.

We watch some hockey but besides that, mostly movies. I do quite a bit of gaming but I never had any issue with input lag on my PJ which I believe was less than ideal in that department.

We live in Canada, land of the no S64 and where TV prices are absurdly high. I considered renting a van and picking up a set from the US but with duty, taxes, rental fees etc.. the saving wasn't as great and no warranty sucks.

Price wise, both are the same, at 1900$ (yikes!). I went to BB and Costco but that wasn't very helpful as all Plasmas look downright disgusting in those environments. I did see the ST60 in action in a better store and it looked good. They also had an S60 but of a much smaller size and sitting almost on the floor, making it very hard to compare them.

I'd like to invest on a good TV and not look back for a few years. Is there such an obvious PQ difference between the 2 and is the glare a major problem on the S60 ?

Thanks for your help !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-26-2013, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
[quote name="Astralmind" url="/t/1487867/65-s60-or-60-st60#post_23670814"

I'd like to invest on a good TV and not look back for a few years. Is there such an obvious PQ difference between the 2 and is the glare a major problem on the S60 ?

Thanks for your help ![/quote]

Yes and Yes. IMO. Although personally I consider the Apps and 3D a waste of money.
In the S60 I spent my time admiring my profile.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P60st60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page